Two.

Oh My Geek?!

“Yes eomma… yes… I’m really sorry that this happened… I’ll be more careful in the future… it’s just a small cut, don’t worry…” Yoona supported her cellphone with her left shoulder and started splashing water onto her wound, cringing slightly at the pain.

 

“I think she should be okay… she left before I had time to ask her… no she was really nice about it…” Just then, the cubicle door behind her flew open with a bang and out stepped the girl whom she ran into earlier. She didn’t look too pleased. “Eo-eomma, I need to go now, I’ll call you again later. Bye!” Yoona hung up at once and slid the phone into her pocket, refusing to make any eye-contact with the girl. She continued washing her wound but it started to get a little uneasy when she realised the girl was eyeing her from head to toe.

 

“Were you just complaining to your mommy about me?” Came the cold voice. With that, Yoona looked up at once and their eyes met, the other girl staring her down icily.

 

“I… I…” She attempted to explain herself but for some reason, the intimidating aura of the girl rendered her speechless. Just then, something else caught Yoona’s eye and the situation switched from being scary to embarrassing in that split second. The girl’s top was misbuttoned, revealing traces of what seemed like a bright pink bra.

 

“You what?” The girl took a threatening step towards her, inclining her head slightly with a vicious look, oblivious to what was going on.

 

“Mianhaeyo.” Yoona managed, bowing a few times. The girl scoffed in return. “Mwo? Is ‘sorry’ the only word in your vocabulary?”

 

“I… you… your…” Yoona stuttered, pointing towards the buttons on the girl’s uniform. She looked down and finally understood what was going on.

 

Yoona mentally braced herself for another round of threats and scolding as the girl cleared . “As you can see, a crisis has occurred… I will deal with you some other time…” She finished calmly and hurriedly backed into the same cubicle, bolting the door. Yoona heaved a sigh of relief and inwardly reminded herself that she would do her best to avoid running into her again.

 

Inside the cubicle, Jessica chewed her bottom lip with an agonizing expression. “Aish, jinjja…”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“That girl is really bad luck for me… maybe I should just stay away from her… ugh, I do hope we’re not in the same class. Nope, it’s not gonna happen. Think positive, Sica.” Jessica subconsciously mumbled to herself as she looked through the noticeboards to find out which class she belonged to.

 

“Hello there! Are you lost or something?” She turned to her right where a girl with long, auburn hair secured in a neat ponytail towered over her, looking at her through a pair of curious eyes. Damn, she was tall.

 

“Ani. Bikyeo.” Jessica brushed her off ignorantly, devoting her attention back to the noticeboards. mode: on.

 

“Ya! I was just trying to be helpful! There’s no need to tell me to get lost. How rude.” Oh no, she did not.

 

“Did you just talk back to me? And did you just call me ‘rude’?” Jessica shifted her gaze back to the annoying girl. It bothered her that she had to “look up” to talk to her.

 

“What are you, deaf? Do I really need to tell you twice that you’re utterly disrespectful?” The lanky girl stared back, her gaze unwavering.

 

“Look now, I’ve had a really terrible day so--"

 

“ for you.” The girl interrupted.

 

“Ya, you really don’t wanna see me angry. So while you still can, back off. Arasseo?” Jessica rolled her eyes to the back of her head and went back to scrutinizing the boards but the persistent girl grabbed her by the shoulders and made her turn back.

 

“I wasn’t finished. You wouldn’t wanna see me angry either so just apologize for being completely bad-mannered and I’ll let this slide.” The girl demanded.

 

“Mwo? Who the hell do you think you are? My mother? Even my mother doesn’t push me around like that. I’ll tell you for the last time: go away.” Jessica glared hard at the girl, feeling the anger build up in her chest. Nobody had ever spoken to her with such a threatening tone before.

 

“Well then, you deserve this.” The girl raised her arm and was about to bring her palm to Jessica’s face when somebody stopped her.

 

“Omo, Sooyoung ah. It’s the first day of school. You don’t wanna do this. Kaja.”

 

Introducing:

  • Yoona's friend from Middle School
  • Righteous, glutton, loudspeaker

 

“Yoona! Oh my gosh! I didn’t know we were in the same school! It’s awesome that you’re here. Come, help me teach this blasphemous girl a lesson.” The girl, whose name was Sooyoung was about to proceed with the slap.

 

“You again?” Jessica couldn’t believe her luck.

 

“Mianhaeyo. She’s always like this.” Yoona bowed a few times. “Sooyoung, kaja.” She dragged her friend away. “Ya, ya! Nwajwo! I wasn’t done!”

 

“She really is bad luck.” Jessica banged her head against the noticeboards a couple of times before going off for her very first class.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Jessica settled down at the back of the classroom to avoid her potential classmates. She was too used to being alone. The concept of having to interact with “friends” was still foreign to her. Also, that terrible attitude of hers was enough to keep people away.

 

All she could do was sit there and stare at the dried mud on her bag. “Jinjja…” Her brows met and her blood boiled at the thought of the problematic girl who started the chain of bad luck for her. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice somebody had settled in next to her. Before she knew it, she was already exchanging handshakes with a girl called Taeyeon.

 

Introducing:

  • Jessica's first friend
  • Pretty much sees things the way Jessica does

 

“So you like sitting at the back too, huh?” Taeyeon smiled, flashing two rows of beautifully polished molars. Jessica only faked a smile in response.

 

“To be honest, I hate this school.” Taeyeon continued. Jessica cocked her head to the side questioningly. Had she found a friend? “It was never my first choice. I only came because my parents forced me to. It’s really stupid.”

 

“I think we’ll be great friends, Taeyeon.” Jessica beamed for real for the first time that day. The other girl grinned widely in return. It was as if a common understanding had been achieved. The two began to delve into other topics regarding prestigious high schools, brands, celebrities and whatnot.

 

Soon after, a man in his early thirties stepped into the classroom. He looked really professional with the semi-rimless glasses and the matching tie. “Alright class, I’m gonna be your form teacher for this school year. You can call me Mr. Kang.” He announced. While most of the girls started gaping and chattering about how “hot” and “cute” the young teacher was, Jessica maintained a poker face.

 

Jessica never showed much interest in boys ever since she was little. It was not because she never got the chance to meet any. As a matter of fact, she had always been set up by her parents to go on little matchmaking escapades. Her parents had this beautiful image painted of her getting married by twenty-five and having three kids before she hit thirty-five. This girl, on the other hand, was busy gawking at girls and the like. To put it simply, she just has a thing for girls and it wasn’t gonna change no matter what her parents did.

 

“Okay, why don’t we go for a round of self-introductions? You are all esteemed sixteen-year-olds so I’m pretty sure you guys are capable of giving introductions. We’ll start with you.” He motioned towards a girl sitting right in front. Jessica’s face fell as she watched the girl stand up.

 

“Oh, no. No, no, no…” She buried her face in her palms.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Im Yoona imnida.”

 

“It’s her. It’s that geek again. Ugh.”


I've never updated this quickly before. I'm just so excited for this fiction~ Thanks to all who have subscribed~ <3 Do keep supporting this story! ^^