Chapter uno. The beginning of a something that matters to me.

Girl Problems

I only liked one girl before. But she didn't like me back. All the guys were always hitting on her and stuff so I gave up. She I think has a boyfriend. I tried for a year and it obviously didn't work. I usually don't think white girls are attractive but this girl was different. We had so much in common. We listened to the same music, we had the same interests in style, hell, we even played the same instrument. I messed it up so badly with her. Shortly she could've been my girlfriend. But people change. She changed, I remained the same. I don't even think we share the same personalities now. Ugh, well, what can I do? She's out of my life for good now and I highly doubt I'll see her ever again. So I figured move on. I've only had one girlfriend before. What difference would it make to start over?

So one day. It felt like a normal day in my sad, lonely, single life. I went to school just like any other kid. Regardless single or not. I was told by my teacher. "Sean, please help us." Then I replied, "Uhm, okay. What do you need?" My teacher said, "We have a new student transferring." I replied back, "And what do I have to do with this? I never get in trouble. If you want someone to do it why don't you have someone else do it? Why is it always me? Don't you remember when Timmy transferred?" I'm pretty sure my teacher had a flashback of when this stupid kid named Timmy transferred to our school because I did and she had to stop and think for a little bit. Timmy got me my first detention that day. It was that kid's fault for getting into a fight on the first day of school. The dean thought I was fighting when I tried to stop the fight and that no tolerence rule got me detention. Oh well. So anyway my teacher said, "She's into the same stuff as you so I thought it would be fun for her to be with you." I replied back with, "Interests? Like what?" My teacher doesn't know what she talks about most of the time. "Uhm, you both listen to that Korean music, you both play instruments, both Asian."  For a moment I was excited to have an Asian in my grade.  "And she's in your classes. She's just a little better in academics." She huh? Is she the cute type Asian or the nerdy type? I didn't know so I was scared to answer my teacher. "Oh, well... She's smart. Okay. I'm a little hurt by the academics part. So, yeah sure. I'll do it." Thank you Sean. Let me go get her." At that moment I was really scared. Like, almost peeing my pants scared because I have someone following me the whole day. And I have no clue who this person is or who she's like. So then my teacher walks in and introduces me to her. "Well Sean, this is Jessica. She is going to be following you to all your classes." I was so surprised. She wasn't even close to what I had expected. She was the cute Asian type. Yay! Perhaps maybe the most beautiful girl I've ever met. She was a little bit girly but I didn't mind. Most girls kind've have to be like that. "Hi, I'm Jessica, nice to meet you." She said. "Hi. I'm Sean..." I awkwardly laughed after saying my name without any reason. I feel pretty stupid around cute Asian girls. "So what's your last name?" I asked. She replied with, "Jung" and I said, "Weird haha. My dad works with someone with the same last name. My dad owned an auto shop with this Korean guy. 

Later we went to our classes together but I really got to know her during lunch. We asked each other questions about each other and who we know and stuff. And she's just like me. We both would rather sleep than eat, we both hate cucumbers, we both have sleeping problems, we both sleep an average of 12 hours a day, we are both tight sleepers, we both sing, we play piano, our favorite sports are soccer and boxing. I like basketball and track though and there is a lot more we have in common but those are the ones we talked the most about. She wasn't someone I felt awkward around. We quickly became best friends as if we've known each other forever. Then we had a few more things in common that are really weird the most affective way to make us wake up is to make us laugh, but that wasn't the weirdest. Our dad's owned the same company. So technically we've known each other for about 9 years. It was crazy. I went home happy for once. I said to myself, "Act like yourself, don't be someone you're not. How can a girl like you if you're not honest with them. Don't be weird or annoying or loud because that isn't you. Show who you are on the inside." 

The next day we talked again and we had the same thing going on for months. We chatted all the time on Facebook, we hung out just about every weekend, and she became friends with all my friends. But the problem was the other Asian girls. Ugh, that Nicole Jung. They weren't related but she had her own group of girls. I thought of them to be maybe a little nice. But man, I was wrong. They were mean. They tried to take Jessica away from us. This is exactly why I haven't been in a lot of relationships because the girl I'll ask out was hanging out with Nicole. God, I really don't like her. Jessica didn't seem like she wanted to hang out with Nicole.