Epilogue

Just Another Manic Monday

 

Chanyeol stays quiet in the car, sniffing occasionally. Otherwise he’s occupying himself with brooding and staring outside the window.

 “Aren’t you taking this thing too far?”

“Shut up, Suho hyung.”

“Yes, you’re taking this thing way too far. Please stop.”

“No, I won’t. You know I won’t. And Isa? What kind of a name is that? Like “*I ssagaji” or something?”

“You better watch that attitude young man.” Suho says sternly, glaring towards Chanyeol. “Isa’s nice-“

“Not to me, she wasn’t.” Chanyeol cuts in.

“Well, you were really evil back there, telling her to wipe your shoes when none of the drink spilled on you. Really evil.” Suho shakes his head. The poor girl. “She’s nice, okay? The orange bubble tea she made me is really good, and she’s funny too. Now I know why Sehun likes to go there so much.” Suho continues.

Chanyeol snorts. “Great. Now you’re in love with her too.” He says under his breath.

Suho heard him all the same. “You didn’t have to stoop so low~” Suho says loudly, singing along to Gotye on the radio while gritting his teeth.

This boy. Once he sets his mind to it, there’s no stopping him.

“You know what, just… just  ignore me while I maintain this gloomy character, okay? Chanyeol sounds almost apologetic.

“Oh, by the way, she thinks your hair is stupid.” Suho adds with an amused expression. “Told you so.”

Chanyeol just sits with his back facing Suho, tracing rain tracks with his finger.

Suho sighes and thinks back to yesterday, when EXO-K was playing Truth or Dare in their dorm. Chanyeol had picked dare and Kai the Game Master’s the one handing out challenges.

The only rules are 1: you must be present with at least one other member when you complete the dare, and 2: it must be done in the space of 24 hours since the dare is given. Kai always give out impossible dares though, and that’s why he always win. His dares usually involve, “Moon the cleaning ajumma”, or shout, “YOLO!” instead of “Turnback!” in their performances. The only one time he’d lost is when he dared Sehun to take his shirt off in public.

“What should I make you do…?” Kai rubbed his growing stubble as he wondered out loud. Chanyeol’s one of his strong opponents in this game. His dares are not as outrageous as Kai’s, but humiliating all the same. Once he’d even managed to make Kai wear these fugly white sandals that look like the lovechild of gladiator sandals and Crocs.

“Hyung, we have a thechedule tomorrow evening, tho make sure it’s thomething that Chanyeol hyung can do before then.” Sehun reminded Kai.

“All right. Hmm… What should I make the Happy Virus do for half a day?” Kai mulled over options in his head.

Their manager mumbled, “I’d make him be quiet for a day.  He won’t be able to do it, so you’ll win. And if he can keep quiet for a day, we’d all win.”

“Half a day.” Sehun reminded again. “Half a day.” The manager corrected.

Kai snapped his fingers. “I’ve got something better. Park Chanyeol, I dare you, to be the opposite of your Happy Virus character for a whole day tomorrow.”

“Half a day.” Sehun and Manager hyung said together.

“Half a day.” Kai sighed. “Hard enough though, right?” Kai smirked.

“Pfft. That’s easy.” Chanyeol had said, flipping his hair ala Bieber. The dare would only take place before their schedule, so nobody can get hurt, right?

“What’s the opposite of Happy Virus though?” Baekhyun asked.

“Sad Medicine?” Kyungsoo suggested. “Grumpy Penicilin?” Suho joined in.

 EXO-K plus manager debated on what’s the accurate opposite of Happy Virus for a while as Chanyeol watched smugly from his squished red footstool.

“You know what? Stop. Stop. Stop.” Kai said with his arms held up in between Kyungsoo and Sehun, who are both ready to yell at each other.

“Let me make the rules. Park Chanyeol,” Kai looked around the room and his eyes stopped at the TV screen. Love Rain was on, and the scene showed Jang Geunsuk.

“Emo Bacteria?” The manager was oblivious that the debate was over. His sudden suggestion made everyone laugh.  Sehun and Kyungsoo fell to the floor in fits of chuckles, all hostility gone.

“Emo. I like that. Rude. Mean. Evil. That’s the opposite of your personality, right? I’ve got it. Hwang Taekyung, before he fell in love with Go Minam. Complete with the ice-cream hair. Park Chanyeol, I dare you to be Hwang Taekyung for a day.”

“Half a day.” Everyone except Kai chorused together.

“FINE! HALF A DAY THEN!” Kai screamed, throwing his hands up in the air.

Chanyeol got up. “Challenge accepted.” He shook hands with Kai.

“This is a bad idea.” Said Suho.

“No, this is the best idea ever! Chanyeol, I hope you win.” Their manager got up excitedly and shook Chanyeol’s hands as well.

“And you can’t just stay at home either, okay? You have to go out. With a member.” Kai added. Chanyeol nodded.

“Just don’t scare the fangirls away.” Kyungsoo said.

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

“Hyung? Do you think she’s a fan?” Chanyeol asks suddenly.

“Oh, I thought you’re asleep.”

“Hyung.” Chanyeol glared.

“Wow, you’re really good at this being Hwang Taekyung thing.”

“I’d say thanks, but that’s polite and out of character, so… Hyung. Do you or do you not think she’s a fangirl?”

Suho laughs. “Well, she seemed really calm, so… no? She didn’t seem to recognize us, even.”

“Okay.”

“Why? Is Emo Bacteria allowed to be worried about a lost fangirl?

Chanyeol had faced the window again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*I ssagaji means something akin to “this ”.

 

Author's note:

Hey, thanks for making it this far! This is the epilogue to the oneshot.

There's actually some more chapters to the oneshot, but I will post them as a whole new story, as I think that this oneshot can actually stand alone on itself.

"Shouldn't that be called a sequel?" You may ask. Well, call it a sequel if you want to.

How can a oneshot have more than one chapter? Well, how can a group have 23 teasers and 2 prologue singles before the 'actual' debut?

LAWYERED. Okay, sorry, I'll shut up now.