002

By Your Side

 

--FLASH BACK –-

 

AEJONG’s POV

 

Thanks to Sungyeol I finished all these damn home works. Hope he didn’t get tired of me and especially my attitudes. He’s a blessing in disguise. Though I can’t express much that he really meant to me a lot; I never care for anybody but him because he’s the one who’s always there for me. The day without him is like a chopstick without a spoon, a thread without a needle, and a kite without a string. I really depend on him a lot. He might not see it but he really, really means to me a lot. I hope this would be like forever Waters are continuing falling from the shower to your face and body. You we’re smiling catching every drop of the water to your smooth skin. After you’re done your grab the bathrobe hanged beside the door. You really feel warm inside. Since its kinda cold you preferred to wear your pajama and a t-shirt. You brushed your hair and preparing to jump on the bed when you hear a creaky sound outside your room. Your instinct is sensing something. Something …

“YAH! I know it’s you. Get out there!! You can’t scare me ANYMORE!” you exclaimed.

Someone is chortling on the corner. You took a few more steps to peek and know if it’s really him. You were a bit scared but you convince yourself that it’s really him. The moment you were right on the corner you saw him chortling. Your heart melted to see him again. He’s cuteness overload on your heart.

“AHA! I know it’s you!” You said holding his both hand. Your not surprise since he’s been doing it when he’s on your room. He’s laughing really cute that you carry him on your arms.

“IMO! Ahh. I miss you…” he hugged you very tight as if you didn’t see each other for so long. You hugged him back. Even if you didn’t say, it’s written on your face that you missed him so much. When he’s with you there no moment that he didn’t bother you to play with him His smiles are very precious that’s why you embrace him every single moment.

“aish~! You’re getting heavier! The last time I carry you I can throw and catch you but now? I think you’re the one catching Imo...” you chuckled and starting to carry him inside your bed. It’s been 10 months since you saw your jok’a. Your sister and Minsu are residing on his husband's place. It somehow broke your heart, when you saw your sister. Something is flashing back to your thoughts. She’s very lovely and kind but what happened years ago ruined it. You laid him on your very soft bed and fluffy pillows. He’s ready to sleep wearing his superman pajama and shirt. He’s very cute; you kiss his cheeks on left and right.  You lay next to him and hugged him very tight.

 

“I know you want to sleep here!” You giggled and he just replied a giggle on you so you prepare the bed for him. You gaze on his milky white skin and features which he sized on his father. You suddenly felt bad. You remember again what happened 3 years ago. It keeps on playing on your mind. How it ruin everything.

I hope she’s not suffering from the misery anymore. I know how she felt that time. I was watching her silently. She cried endlessly every night hiding all the pain from me and Sunggyu oppa. She kept on pretending that she’s strong but Sunggyu and I really see how she breaks down on that day. I was looking at her sorrowful situation. If that time, I could comfort her. If only I can do anything to make her feel warm. But I was useless; I was young that time and didn’t know any about what’s really happening. All I know is she had to marry the man she didn’t love. That she have to give up the man she truly love. That was the miserable thing happened in her. Giving up the man she really love and pretend nothing. tears are falling from your eyes. Still hurting from yesterday, it did really affect you and your family except your father who made the sudden decision for his own sake. Your still crying silently not to bother little Minsu who’s on his dream land. You want to talk to someone about this and there’s no other than your precious friend, Sungyeol. You were thinking of him and you didn’t know that you already fall asleep.

 

 

SUN COMES. 

You checked if you pinned down your little jok’a. Thank God you didn’t. He’s still on his dream land. You didn’t shrug much so you didn’t wake him up or else you’re dead. He’d cry if you leave. He loves playing with you but it’s already time to go to school. You take your shower and tip toed when you’re passing by the bed. After you prepare everything and butting out the room, you stop and smile at him. “Bye, baby Minsu. Aunt will be back and play with you.” He makes a small move and you’re scared he’s already awake so you step out. You really want to gave him a kiss but if you do, he might awake and never let you go to school, so you didn’t

 

You move down stairs step by step vibrating if sungyeol is there waitinf for you. You thought why he’s not yet there. He usually there 5 minutes before you go down. You eat your breakfast alone, without him. It seems really weird that he’s not around. You finished your breakfast and you call him, but didn’t answer it. He’s not like this! What happened to that donkey! your head filled up for so much worries. You decide to get to his house and checked why he’s not on your house or answering your calls. Your mother insists that our driver should me since Sungyeol is not with me. You just nodded and say goodbye. You secretly looking for your sister Aera but failed. You really want to see her because you want to know how she is anyway.you really misses her But you decide to get in the car or else you’ll be late. The driver hit the ignition that it groans a little before it starts. He drives really suave because he know you’re a stubborn that will keeps on complaining if it gets rough.

 

 

You get off the car without saying anything to the driver. You saw him giving you a bow and smile. The moment you step on their front door, you saw their maids so you bowed “annyeong haseyeo.. Is Sungyeol there?” you asked her and it seems that she was shocked knowing that you just popped out of nowhere; she didn’t expect you of course. She just nodded and seems shocked. She points the way to sungyeol’s room. What’s up with that? Where her tongue goes? you said to your self. You really wonder where Sungyeol’s parents are. Since he’s the only child, he lives with them. He’s not like you, a bratty type that should expect to a only child. Sungyeol is really kind and sweet.

 

You took a step inside and squeeze the knob of the door. You were a bit shy because it’s your first time entering his room, so you’re a bit shivered. It’s not messy as you brother’s room. It’s very clean and everything is pleasant to your eyes and nose. It seems his room is more pleasant than yours though yours is really big but Sungyeol’s room is a comfortable to live with.

 

You saw sungyeol who still lying on his bed. His facing your way back so you’re confused if he’s still asleep or which greeting you’ll use The naughty or nice?

 

 Whatever! I’ll just wake him up to check you slowly peeking Sungyeol’s condition and still confused because he’s not moving. You flip him to face you but he just groaned and furrowed his eyebrows without opening his eyes. You unconsciously glared at his face while your hands are still holding your body. Here you are again, glaring at Sungyeol’s innocent face. You smiled and gave him a smack so he’ll wake up but before you do it you somehow felt guilty so you just wake him up by calling his name.

 

“SUNGYEOL ah~!” you decide to wake him up in a sweet and angelic voice. You repeat it until his eyes are opened. “Rise and shine donkey...”

 

“Oh it’s you.” He replied and pulls you closer to him. You didn’t know why he said that so you pushed him away because he’s about to hugged you.

 

“YAH! Can you just wake up! If we’re punished because of being late YOU ARE REALLY DEAD!” you pushed him again as hard as you can that he fell to the floor. You were surprise that he groggily get back to bed unlike what energy he’s giving you everyday. It seems nothing’s fine.

 

“ahh~! I can’t!” he said dizzily. You felt poor for him. Something is really not right. You remember when you touched his body; it’s really hot, maybe a fever.

 

“But why?” you asked him though you already know the answer. He didn’t answer and just lay on the bed. “If you really can’t, just make sure you’ll not go anywhere. Just stay there! Okay?” You out of the room to call for the maids’ attention that Sungyeol has a fever and give him a medicine. You said you’ll be back later after the class ends. You get back to sungyeol to say you’re leaving and drink his medicine. “I- I’ll leave...” you didn’t hear his responds but satisfied that he wont go anywhere. He needs to get well soon. What will happen to me? I-I mean my home works. You said while looking for the driver because he’s not on the car. He supposed to accompany you to school.

 

 

When she cared for me like this? Sungyeol said with butterflies on his belly. It really felt good that he saw how Aejong was worried to him. When the maid put the medicine to the table beside his bed he drink it like what Aejong said earlier and he take more nap because he feels that the room was having an earth quake that kept on shaking which makes him felt more dizzy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BELL RING.

 

“Well I guess it’s your luck day Aejong.” your teacher implies. You simply smile in victory because she’s asking you really stupid questions that only she knows the answer. You smirked when you saw your classmates are rolling their eyes out of you. You were really lucky thought Sungyeol was not around to whispered the answers. Sungyeol was a very smart kid; everyone could tell it thought his aura. A man who’s wearing spectacles, he knows everything that’s what I thought.

 

 You’re waling by your self when you saw again that rude boy Byung. He present in all of your class but it seems he didn’t exist. He didn’t even talking to someone. Your really wondering why he keeps on wearing mascara. You gave an obvious stare but he didn’t even look at you. You don’t know why you kept on bullying on through your eyes but it didn’t even bother him.

 

You’re heading to the fruit shops to buy apples for sungyeol. I hope he’s not exhausted eating this. You grinned. You really happy buying him apple though you know he didn’t really like it, he only eats it because you love to and your always making tantrums when he’s not eating it. He eats it though he’s about to vomit. You get the apples and paid for it. You think that 1 kilo of apples can make him feel better.

 

“O-OH! I almost forgot. We have group report.” You almost yelled that’s why the ajusshi looked at you and chuckled. Sungyeol is not around so you teacher needs to partnered you to another. And unfortunately, it’s on the rude boy. You took a step hardly thinking that you need to cooperate with him who’s not really existing.

 

Whatever!  You said in annoyance. You continue walking until you reach the bus stop. You ride on it since your driver is not around. You have to wait for him but you didn’t. You really love using a public transportation.  The bus stop right away and you’re butting in to the bus when you recognize someone in the corner of your eyes. It’s kinda blurry but you know it’s really him through his aura. A black and gangta aura was surrounding him. You move there for a purpose.

“E-EI! Can I have you number?” you said directly. You didn’t want to make it longer or to make a segway. You just want to get it and find other sit. He just beamed like what he did yesterday. You feel pissed. You try to calm your self down because you’ll hit him hardly. No one can snob you like that. You breathe hard, you breathe hard so he would notice that you’re being uneasy to him.

 

“We’re group mates right?” You said while giving him a fake smile that’s pretty obvious that you’re already pissed. Beamed on you again and rolled his eyes on the bus’s window. You blow a bit air on your bangs and kicked his tight a bit to get his attention. Damn this eyeliner man! He looked at you really sharp but it didn’t shiver you but it makes it more challenging for you. Maybe because for the first time you meet a person whose more stubborn than you. The staring contest begins. The atmosphere is in tension. You were really shocked when he yanked on your phone and stars pressing and shivers it back. You we’re still on a looking at him idiomatically mouth opened. You didn’t even notice that the bus was rolling its tire when someone taps your shoulder you snap back and look at him again. He just smirked. Though someone nonverbally said that you have to sit, you’re still standing still and buffering what’s just happened.

 

“Heroine huh?” he said on a monotone but he’s not looking at you. For the first time you heard him talked it somehow makes your heart beat because his voice was really soft it’s like an angel’s voice. You suddenly forgot his gangsta aura. OH GOD! He can talk!

 

You sat next to him because for standing a bit long you didn’t notice that it’s the only vacant space and every body is sitting comfortably. Though you’re not comfortable that you’re next to him, the fact that you can have varicose makes you. You really hate it treating you special that are why you always argued with your mother regarding your school service. You love to live on simple life though you can’t live with your high-class bed. Bed is the only place you put your frustration on things happening in your life. You kept on avoiding looking at him or touching both of your skin so you cram your self to the corner of your seat.

 

When the bus stopped, Your about to stand when you bump on the rude boy. You beamed on him same as he looked at you. You could see his face was really near to yours.

“HEY! Pig apple. Move!” he said arrogantly. He’s eyes get wider and pushed you back to your sit. “HEY! Don’t call me that! It’s not my name PUMPKIN HEAD!” you said irritatingly and push him. He bumps on the sit in front of you. You both stared at each other again. You never want to cut it off and him never too. Everybody was looking at you but both of you didn’t mind since both of your nerves were wrecked. You could see how he’s turning red in madness and you remain your derpy face.

 

You two are still standing until the bus rolled again. You stand and attempting to make it stop but you’re too late. You thought he’ll also do the same to make the bus stopped but he just sat like a boss. You put all the blame on him. You’re really worried because you don’t know where the next stop of the bus is, you’re really not familiar to that street. You can’t call for any help from home. You want to call for Sungyeol’s help but he’s sick how you can? “YAH! It’s your fault! I supposed to get off there.” you yelled at him but he’s still down calmly. You put all the blames on him but sadly he didn’t care. You sat again both hands are crossed. You purposely crossed it not to hit him. You know your hands would unconsciously hit him right away and because you’re on the public you put a little shame.

 

“STOP smirking!” you said because you could see him smirking and it makes you really annoyed. You felt that he could felt that you’re shivering. You’re keeping yourself calm and breathe normally. Whatever will be, will be! You already loose hopes; you can’t do anything but look for the way home by your self.

 

The bus stopped again and your about to move when he leaned and stop you. You saw his expression changed quickly. His eyes widened when he saw 4 goons were storming the bus. You were also shocked. He didn’t say something but you know you have to escape. He grabs your wrist and jerks you out of the bus with him. You both exited on the second door. “RUN!!!!” he sounds panting but you adrenaline rushed. You run while he’s still pulling you to run faster. You both keep on running when you looked back you could see that the 4 goons were running after you. So kept on running faster, you put you eyes closed when Byung squeezed it that makes you feel safe. He pulled you on a corner and hid with you. You notice that his body is hugging yours. The 4 goons passed without seeing you. You really want to cry when Byung looked at you and squeezed your hands again. You took the other way as he leads you. You really want to thank him but your mouth can’t utter any words. You notice that he’s still holding your hands so you pull it away fast before your cheeks explode. “Oh? Sorry! I didn’t mean…” You heard him said it. You felt that he meant it. He really didn’t purposely hold your hand that long. The awkward atmosphere clouded both of you again.

 

Miles away

 

 

“AHHHHH-! Are you crazy? What’s that for...” you puffed and pretended you didn’t know anything. But he didn’t reply and shocked that you yelled on him and didn’t even say thank you. You get back on you the reality that you don’t know how to go home. You decide to follow him until he felt that you don’t know how to go home.

 

After passing by on many street lights he suddenly stopped and looked at you “Where your home is..?.” He asked you. You didn’t reply because his voice makes you frightened. His nerve wrecked that easy because he’s felt that you doubt him. He repeats the question but it hit’s your head like a big question mark.

 

Your still doubt him. Why would he want to know that? you suddenly you feel something weird. “You’re a daughter of INFINITE LEGACY owner and you’re just riding on a bus? Whose crazy then?” he yelled in disgrace. H-how he'd know that. you snapped that your family is really famous that’s why your mother wants to escorted you everyday. You’re really clumsy that you don’t think before doing something.

 

You still don’t know what’s happening but you feel thankful to him though it’s weird. It’s really dangerous for a daughter of an INFINITE LEGACY owner to travel this late. you feel thankful to him. You passed by on a store and you feel boned-dry. You in without saying something. You purchased beverage you want and for him. He just waited you outside with his arm crossed. You rolled your eyes because you really feel weird. Something is weird with him. You’re really thirsty so you don’t mind him. When you get out of the store you move over him. “Want some?” you offered him but as always he didn’t reply. He just shrugged and gets the bottle of water. You find him really cute when he accepts your offer; you know he can’t reject your offer because he looks exhausted. You smiled and feel something stranger. Why? Why am I feeling like this? I feel like snow white saved by a prince charming. you snickered inside that He butts you an eyebrow. You snapped out because you saw that he find you weird. You drink like a fish that makes widened his eyes. He smirked really cool that blows your body.

 

“Excuse me? May I know what really happened?” You pleased. He starts to sit on the bench near and you followed him. Your eagerness to know didn’t stop. You though he’s going to blow it up he chuckled and said “I don’t know! I want to go home” that makes you really pissed. You slap him chest really hard that makes him bawl. You stand and kicked his tights. He kept on bawling and it’s getting late so you pulled him. You both laugh of what just happened.

 

“Thanks for saving me anyway!” You said out of the blue. You saw him smile and bit his lips. It was the second time you saw him since he transferred from your school but it seems like you already known him for so long. You’re still wondering who the 4 goons are running after you so you kept on asking him while walking on way home. He forced you to tell where your home is so he can drop you off there. He’s still worried so he accompanied you till you get on your home. You want to invite him inside but he refused it instead he walked and waved without looking at you. You wait until he’s gone from your eye sight. The guards opened the gates of the mansion like they usually do. When you entered the living room you heard you mom bossing the entire maid to look for you. She’s nags and kept on nagging until she saw you. You could see how much she’s worried about you. You get frightened when she gives her attention on you. You prepared you eardrums to the beat of her voice.

 

“What time is it? Why you stayed this late? It’s very dangerous to stay this late outside. Especially for a girl like you if your father will know what you’re doing here he’ll send you off to London!”  She keeps hooting but you just don’t bother it. You bowed and exited the living room. You stepped on the room and jumped to your bed. “Does she need to wait for me just to ask the time is? And exaggerated much? And Late? It’s just past 8pm. DU-UH~!”  Burst out because you didn’t want to argue with her. “london? I don’t want to!”  You move your head up side down. You really don’t want to go to your father to the fact that you have to be with your father. There’s something between you and your father that you don’t want to be with him or see him.  You washed you stinky body and changed your clothes and stormed on your bed. You’re thinking of that LEE RUDE when you nailed down. You suddenly remember that you bought an

 Apple for Sungyeol but unfortunately you dropped it when you run out. “AHHHHH~! Sungyeol ah! Sorry… aish. APPLE! APPLE! Where is my APPLE?” You panicked on your bed but you felt someone knocked you down so you lay with bed with gravity pulling you down. You want to call Sungyeol but you’re really sleepy so you lay back again. Your eyelids get heavier so you surrendered and ride on the train to your dreamland with hope on your heart.

 

 

 

 

The Next Day On school Sungyeol was finally better. It really feels good to be with him again. Everything will be alright. You slap his shoulder and smiled at him and he smiled back at you. “Why didn’t you… you said that you’ll be back after school… I was waiting for you!” He pouted on you, the reason you felt guilty. “Sorry, something happened last night.” You said while looking at your shoes. You suddenly remember what happened last night with Byung. You remember what exactly how you felt that night. Sungyeol notice the sudden change of your expression; from Frowned to giggling. “Eh? Last night? Why? What happened?”He exclaimed. You could feel he really sharpen it because he found it really suspicious. You were walking with Sungyeol when you saw Byung crossing your way. You thought he’ll approach you after what happened last night but he just passed by like your nothing, like you’re an empty space. You felt hit by a soccer ball on your head to think that he’ll quickly change his attitude toward you. Sungyeol stop for a moment and furrowed his eyebrows because he saw you looking at Byung and you put a smile on your face. You snap out of it and bring back your neutral face. He’s still not moving so you pull him roughly and laugh. You know that your laugh can relief his doubts.

 

As you expected the murmuring girls were on their position to welcome their queenka. You just gave them a smile to beat them, some rolled their eyes and some make a weird tantrum. You want to laugh hard for that. Sungyeol saw what you did and laugh the same. Sungyeol was the only buddy understands your stubbornness. You both take your seat and waits for your teacher when you saw Byung enters the room. You eyed him again but this time your eyes telling him to give you some attention because you want to talked to him again. You don’t know why you’re acting like that but your unconscious body wants to ask anything just to get his attention. Whether your question has a sense or not you just do it.

 

“Byung hyun ~ah!” You said before he takes his seat. He just beams and takes his seat. You’re about to move beside him when your teacher enters the room. Failed! She starts the class again and talked about nonsense things like how many heart the octopus have. Of course Sungyeol knows it. He’s very smart and interested in many things. He’s all a girl would want to have. His handsome if he will not wear that damn spectacles. You’re hoping that the bell will ring wildly because you’re really going to breakdown at the nonsense topic their talking about.

 

“Can we just dismiss?” You said in a low voice because you’re somehow afraid to get busted to your teacher that you were not listening and she’ll asked you so many s. You didn’t notice that Byung was looking at you and heard what you said. “You’re not listening!” He leaned on you and smirked. You were really shocked but because he didn’t pay attention to you earlier you do the same and just rolled your eyes.

 

Finally the bell rings. You stand up as you teacher dismissed you. Byung intentionally bump you and said asked if you were going home but Sungyeol saw that and stood between the two of you. Sungyeol was taller than Byung so you can see exactly what Byung’s reaction is. You just felt that Sungyeol will do something strange. Before Sungyeol made assaults you pulled him away and exited the room without looking at Byung. You were annoyed why Sungyeol did that. When you’re both out of the campus you jerked his arms.

“What’s that for?” You said with a really sharp tone. It’s the first time you saw Sungyeol in that expression. His expression was really strange. You never saw that. You felt his clenching his teethes. It somehow makes you frightened but you kept on asking him. He rolled his eyes and faced you back. You didn’t stopped him and saw his cramping his fist. He seems really mad but for what reason?

 

“_______ ah~!” You heard a familiar voice calling you. You looked around to see who is it and landed on a guy sitting on a bench. Your eyes widened because you never expect him to be there. It was your brother Sunggyu. He smiled at you and waved his hand. You move towards him with a really precious smile. He stands and waits for you. You felt that you just found a couch to lean on again. From the start your brother was the one who can understands you and listen to. He nagged endlessly when you did something wrong. Somehow it’s a relief he’s here again; besides you really miss him a lot.

 

“Oppa!” You hugged him the moment you get over him. You were really happy when he tightened his arms around you. You felt that you were on your comfort zone again. He released his arms and smiled at you.

“You’re getting fatter! Did you eat all the apples in the market? It’s not because were rich you can eat all apples!” He cracked and patted the back of your head. You gave him a mild punch and laugh at the same time. You both exited the school and ride on your oppa’s car. You troll around Seoul. Seoul was enough to spend time with him. As you expected he bought everything you want. He’s like that after he arrived in Seoul but after that he’ll nagged at you again so you lasted until your not home.

 

Your day was about to end and you decided to stay at the Yeoido Park. For you it’s the most beautiful park in Korea. Memories are flashing back on your mind. You were both sitting at the bench and feeling the breeze of the cold air. When your brother asked you a question that makes your eyes form a tear.

“Do you still remember? You, Aera and I when were a kid. We used to splash waters to each other?”He chucked but you felt that pain was on his words. He noticed your expression and he patted your back. You try to avoid crying but tears rapidly fall down. He embraced you that make you more emotional. When he noticed that you can’t stop crying. He pushed you to stand up. “We can do it one more time!” He said and about to splash water on you when you said “But… It’ll never be the same anymore” that make him stop. He decided to take you home so you both can rest. When he was driving the car on your way home, you’re just looking at the window of the car and staring at nothing. Both of you were not talking. He drives a bit fast so you arrived right away. You both separate ways and go to your respected rooms.

 

You were lying on your bed when all your memories flashing again like its real. You faced the couch next to your bed and you saw your self, Sunggyu and Aera having a pillow fight.

“Aejong! You always loose!” Aera was laughing really hard and you could see how she loves being with the two of you. The pillow fight continue and Sunggyu fall down the couch that makes him growl but he still continue to smacked his pillow. “Kids, the dinner is ready! Get down to the kitchen!” You heard you mom’s voice. The three of you stopped and preparing to run to the kitchen “The one who’ll make it to the kitchen fast will ate all the ice cream” Sunggyu said while blocking the two of you. Aera saw your hair was really messy so she fixed it before the food marathon starts. You were really young that time so you just follow what they said.

 

“Aera unnie~! You forgot to fix your hair. It’s also messy!” You said when the scenario stops to play. You were crying really hard. That was the best part of your life that makes you smile and laugh. Tears kept on flowing on your eyes. You’re still hoping that that kind of love can still happened. You didn’t notice that you have already fall asleep. 

 

 

 



 

Your subscription and comments are welcome.

i kinda rearrange this story. i make more understandable.

ENJOY :))