I didn't know...

I didn't know...

 

Ryeowook's POV

 

I sat on the couch, motionless as I started thinking about things. I can't find the time to think about it this past few days so I'm glad I was able to think about it right now. I became pretty oblivious of my surroundings as I was too deep in thought. My trails of thoughts stopped when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I turned my head towards the direction where the voice came from and saw Yesung hyung. “Yes, hyung?” I asked. “I was about to ask you if you can help Sungmin cook but it seems like you were thinking about something important so I'll just ask Donghae to help him.” Hyung said. “Oh, sorry hyung. I'll go help Sungmin hyung now.” I said and stood up from the sofa and started walking towards the kitchen. “Is there a problem or something?” Yesung hyung asked. I shook my head no and forced out a smile. He just nodded and I started walking towards the kitchen.

 

“If there's no problem at all, then why are you so quiet this past few days? You're normally cheerful and all.” I stopped walking, and turned to face him with a 'I-still-don't-want-to-talk-about-it-hyung' look. He nodded and entered the kitchen where Sungmin hyung was already preparing the ingredients needed. “Hey Ryeowook saeng, if you have problems, don't be scared to tell me about it okay? Maybe I can help.” Sungmin hyung said when the other hyungs already left the kitchen. I frozed for seconds.

 

 

Great. You just made them worried Mr. Kim Ryeowook.

 

 

“No, hyung. It's nothing, really.” I told him, but he doesn't look convinced at all. I know all of them will do something – they will force me to tell the truth. It won't hurt to tell them the truth, right?

 

 

Sungmin hyung continued staring at me, so I took a deep breathe and let it all out.

 

 

They are my friends. My brothers. My family.

 

 

“So?” Hyung asked. “Okay. So this is what happened.” I said and began telling him what happened one fine day.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

I rummaged through the drawers as I was looking for my wallet as I came across a plane ticket, and an envelope with my name neatly written on its front. Curiosity took over me for I quickly opened the envelope and read its contents.

 

 

Fresh, hot tears flowed over my cheeks as I read the words written on the paper inside the envelope. I can tell that she was crying while writing it as there are marks over the paper. I'm sure that the handwriting is hers since I know her since we were young.

 

My Dearest Ryeowook,

 

First of all, I would like to thank you for everything you gave me and for everything you did for me. You were always there for me whenever I need you, and you never failed to make me smile even though the situation is very hard. Every time I have problems, you're there to help me solve it. You are a true friend and a faithful lover, and I love you for that. We made so many wonderful memories together. Don't think that I didn't love you from the start because I surely did love you since we were younger. You're loving me truthfully and tenderly as well. You don't tend to push me to tell you things. Remember the thing I told you days ago? About the job thing my mom told me? I applied and got accepted. But the thing is, I need to go to America to work. I don't want to leave but I need to. I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry. I love you so much, I'll call whenever I have time, I promise. I Love You. Sorry.

-Your Love/Best Friend

 

I can't believe what I have just saw. My best friend, my love, is going to leave me. I broke into tears as I folded the paper, placed it back on its envelope and into the drawer. Moments after, the door opened, revealing her – my lover, my best friend, who is going to leave me in a matter of days.

 

 

“What's wrong, Wookie oppa?” I forced a smile as I heard the nickname she called me. She was the only one who calls me like that. She pushed her bag into the tiled floor and crouched over to wipe my tears with her thumb.

 

 

I wanted to lie that I don't know a thing. I want to lie that I didn't know that she will leave me. But I can't. I just can't lie to her. I can't lie to myself.

 

 

“Y-You're going t-to...leave?” I stuttered. Well, who won't stutter if they were sobbing? She looked straight into my eyes, and all I see is goodbye. So the saying was true, that 'people comes and people goes'. But why now? Why does it has to be now?

 

 

Silence took over us. No one dared to talk. I still don't want to talk since I was shocked, hurt. But then, she chose to break the ice that is starting to form in between us. “I'm sorry, Wookie oppa. I don't want to leave.” She said, and as I look at her, tears were flowing down to her cheeks, down her lips and to her chin.

 

 

“It was your dream right? Don't worry, I'll be fine as long as you are as well. You promised to call me when you have time, right?” I tried to cheer her up, since I know she'll end up crying herself to sleep later at night. She nodded, and sobbed as I pulled her into a comforting hug.

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

“So that's what happened.” Sungmin hyung said. We just finished cooking dinner. “Stay here, I'll call the others.” hyung said and walked towards the living room where the others are staying.

 

 

As we were eating dinner, my phone started vibrating over the table where it is placed. “I'll get it first. Excuse me.” I said and rose up as Leeteuk hyung nodded. As I was walking towards the phone, I suddenly felt nervous due to unknown reasons. My heart started racing fast like I have been running around for more than five minutes.

 

 

“Hello? Is this Kim Ryeowook?” A female voice said, which is pretty unfamiliar. “Yes, this is Kim Ryeowook speaking.” I answered casually. “Well, this is me, your best friend's mom. There is a bad news I wanted to tell you, actually.” She said.

 

 

“May I ask what is it?” I asked, my heart started racing faster, if possible. “S-she, she passed away two days ago.” She said and I almost dropped the phone, but I kept my grip on it as I want to know the reason. “H-how. W-why?” I stuttered, as I didn't realize that tears were already rolling down my cheeks.

 

 

“She actually had a brain tumor since a few years ago. She didn't tell you? Ah, she flew here to America to have some medications. She tried studying while being medicated, but she can't keep up and her doctor told her to rest.” She paused for a second.

 

 

Why does she need to hide it from me? I thought we can open up to each other? That's why her voice was very weak whenever we have a conversation through the phone. She said it was just a cold she caught. I didn't know she was this good at lying.

 

 

“And she told me to tell it to you once she passed away.” She finished. I can't stop myself. I sobbed, dropped the phone, and walked to my room. I didn't have time to finish my dinner. I'm too hurt to eat my dinner.

 

 

One year later...

 

My love, I still haven't forget you. I always reminisce our memories together. I always read your letter, the one I accidentally saw. I miss you so much. I promise I won't always cry.

 

 

As I finally set my heart to leave...

 

 

It came to me like a harsh storm...

 

 

 

The Day After...

 

 

I woke up by the sound of the birds chirping happily. I stood up and took a shower, and later on got ready. I will visit her grave. I wasn't that busy this day, and I always do this almost everyday.

 

 

As I was walking towards the cemetery, raindrops started dropping onto my face. I didn't brought any umbrellas with me. I just closed my eyes, and reminisced every single memory I had with my best friend when we were playing under the rain, starting from when we were kids, to our high school days, and more.

 

 

Seconds after, I felt that there's no more raindrops that are hitting my head. But why can I still hear its sound when it's hitting the floor? I opened my eyes, and saw someone holding an umbrella. She is indeed, beautiful. And she does remind me of her – or maybe it was really her?

 

 

I rubbed my eyes and blinked to make sure that she was there. Indeed she was, it was foggy and the rain is pouring hard, way more harder than before. In a blink of an eye, she was gone, and a black car in a very fast speed was coming towards my way.

 

 

I frozed in my spot, my brain is blank, I don't know what to do. I can't move my feet to walk aside, so I just closed my eyes.

 

 

My love, I'll be there with you.”

 

 

 

Author's Note----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

How was it, everyone? Please tell me if you liked it, it was actually my first time writing a sad fic which is based on a song; I have wrote a songfic which had a happy ending though. If you have questions, feel free to ask! 

 

This fanfic is based on the song:

Storm by Super Junior

 

::myunghee17ukiss productions 2012 ©::

::Please do not plagiarize::