Chasing the Sun

The Way We Are Now

Two men stood opposite each other, one slightly huskier and shorter than the other. They were on stage, performing with the rest of their group. The taller one smiled at the shorter man, holding out his hand. The shorter one took it gladly. Their eyes met slowly, lips curved into joyous smiles. Fans screamed, proclaiming their love for the band, shouting out their names and the title of their group. "SUPER JUNIOR! SUPER JUNIOR!" They chanted, cheered and continued to scream. A few yelled out the two men's names that were holding each other's hands, excited to see them together. When the performance ended, all ten men bowed, smiling out at the audience that just kept on yelling their name. They were all sweaty but happy, waving to the fans as the exited the stage. As the others changed, the two men that had held hands hung back a little, away from the rest of the group. No one was really paying attention, ready to go home. The concert had been a success and though they were all elated, it had been tiring and going to bed was the only thought on the other members' minds. They exchanged a look, a moment of heat passing between the two. The shorter one leaned his head onto the taller one's shoulder.

"You were great," he whispered, lacing their fingers together.

"So were you," the other man whispered back. When another member with red hair called their names, they didn't jump apart. Closeness was normal among this particular group, so they separated gradually and went over to see what he wanted.

"Do you guys want to go dancing and get drinks after? Hyukjae, Donghae, Siwon and I are the only ones going. Everyone else is too tired."

"Sure, Heechul," the shorter man named Kangin replied. Heechul left them to finish changing and the other two went to get ready as well. When everyone was set, the group split up. The ones that were planning on going clubbing took Siwon's car, and the rest went with the manager. The club was still crowded around 1 a.m. when they arrived. After walking inside, the mini group split even further; Siwon, Heechul, Donghae and Hyukjae went to the bar while Kangin and Leeteuk went to the dancefloor. A fast, exciting beat was playing, and the two Super Junior members faced each other, dancing closely. They were careful not to dance too closely, aware of four pairs of eyes ogling them. They were happy though and took each other's hands, letting the beat of the music guide them. Warm brown eyes skimmed over Leeteuk's handsome face, heart beating fast in the other's presence. Their eyes met meaningfully. These two shared a secret from the rest of the group, one they hid very well. Since fanservice was required and expected in Super Junior, they could easily hide behind that ruse. The brotherly hugs, teasing kisses and lingering glances could all be explained away by fanservice....but when the cameras were turned off, and no one else was around, it was a different story entirely. Leeteuk pulled Kangin in closer, arms around his waist. They liked coming to the club because they could dance with each other and no one would judge them. They wouldn't care about two men dancing just a little bit too intimately. Besides, they looked good together; they complemented each other well. Leeteuk loved Kangin's manliness, charm and passion. No matter how hard things got, he would remain strong and hopeful. He was the leader's anchor, helping him through difficult times and always being there for him, a solid and unwavering support. Kangin loved Leeteuk's angelic appearance. He loved how cute, y and handsome he was, and yet how gentle, loving, and caring he could be. He was always there for Kangin with a smile and a hug, just as he was there for him. They were a balance of gentle and strong, angelic and devilish, rebel and leader. Sometimes they wished they could reveal their secret relationship to the other members, but the least amount of people that knew the truth about them, the better.

 

Back at the bar, Hyukjae and Donghae had long since abanded Heechul and Siwon, opting to break out on the dance floor, The two remaining at the bar quietly sipped their drinks, observing the two couples from their group dance with each other.

"Think they'll figure out we know about them already?" Siwon asked. His expression was one of amusement.

"Not likely. But let's keep it that way. Obviously they're trying hard to keep it a secret," Heechul replied.

They continued to watch the pairs dance in sync, bodies moving rhythmically against each other. They looked happy and carefree, and Siwon and Heechul wouldn't do anything to ruin that. Hours passed and finally they grew tired. All six members piled into the car and returned home.

"Goodnight," each one called to the other as they retired to their individual and shared rooms. Kangin and Leeteuk smiled at each other sleepily from across the room. They slept in separate beds so as not to arouse suspicion but sometimes they would sleep together in the same bed when they needed comfort and when they needed each other physically. This was one of those nights. Kangin crawled into bed with the leader, settling into his arms comfortably, sighing in content as those strong arms encircled his waist and he felt a pair of soft lips brush against his neck. It didn't take long for them to fall asleep this way, nestled in each other's arms.