Math Class

Math Class

 

 

                It was Myungsoo’s first day in his math class and he was not looking forward to spending his afternoon reviewing theorems and equations for the next five months in a small classroom. He also knew that the first day of any class consisted of reviewing the teacher’s syllabus and students trying to add the class late. Sitting at the back corner, Myungsoo let his eyes scan the room lazily to spot something, anything, that he could stare at and zone into to prevent himself from dozing off to the voice of his math professor. Tugging at his black jacket absently, his eyes landed on a tall slim figure that was sitting on the ground, cross-legged next to the wall. He was holding an add slip on one hand and a wrinkled syllabus on the other. Myungsoo decided that this young man would be his object of distraction for today. Myungsoo leaned into a comfortable position against the wall beside him and stared past the other bodies of students that sat between him and his object of attention.

He watched as the boy’s eyes read along with the professor’s voice, squinting and widening every time something caught his attention. His rosy lips formed a perfect ‘o’ and every now and then, the edge of the add slip caressed them. Every time it happened, Myungsoo unconsciously his lips. His eyes trailed down from his mouth to his chin, lower to his neck and landed at the mole that rested above his subject’s collarbone. Myungsoo wondered if this boy was sensitive in that area…

Myungsoo was pulled from his thoughts, rudely he felt, when the professor clapped his hands loudly to gain the attention of his bored students. He was calling roll to check if enrolled students were present or not. If they were not, he’d drop them and gave the seat to an adding student. Myungsoo unwillingly tore his eyes from his subject to refocus to the front of the class. He listened for his name and let out a clear ‘here’ to let his presence be acknowledged.

The list of names continued and the professor notified that there were four spots available. Myungsoo suddenly began to hope that his object of attention got enrolled. He straightened up in his seat and began to count the students trying to add the class.

“…four, five…six….” He muttered to himself. There was an empty sear on his left and another in front. He glared at several students whom he didn’t like just by appearance. Why did they have to be enrolled and not the cute oversized kid? He sighed silently and focused once again to see if maybe he could catch the other boy’s name.

“The four following people will get into the class,” announced the Prof. Myungsoo watched as the professor squinted over the list of names and then flickered his eyes to his new favorite object (he had decided this while he watched him.) The cutie was biting at his lip, blinking his eyes rapidly. Myungsoo couldn’t comprehend how something can be both sickenly sweet yet seductive and y. The professor cleared his throat again and began to call the names.

“Kim Sunggyu! You’re in so find a seat somewhere and then stay after class so I can give you the information on adding the class. The same goes to the rest who are added.” Myungsoo watched as this Sunggyu gentleman scurried to the seat in front of him. Myungsoo was starting to push his hatred towards him but couldn’t after receiving a very charismatic eye smile from which he returned momentarily. Myungsoo bore holes into Sunggyu’s back until he was satisfied and paid attention again to the front.

“Umm, how about Kim Kibum…? The professor gave a questioning look to the students along the wall, when a feline looking male slinked slowly to a seat near a short dino-looking male. He watched as they assessed each other with their eyes before looking away reluctantly. His eyes focused once on his professor as he tried to telepathically send him a message. “Add my cutie you little head!” His intense glare, however, went unnoticed by the old man as he began to read another name.

“Lee Sungjong!” Myungsoo watched as a small, slim, feminine boy smiled toward his tall object of affection and it responded with a really cute (according to Myungsoo) eye smile and thumbs up. What. ‘Don’t smile at him! He’s mine!’ Myungsoo directed his heavy gaze at this ‘Sungjong’ boy who sat a couple seats up front, watching as he popped a yellow candy into his mouth. He mentally sent him a death threat and finally looked away when he was satisfied. There were now three students along the wall: another feline-looking guy with dreadlocks and large headphones around his neck, a blonde girl with fierce eyes who looked like she didn’t want to be there, and his cutie who was clutching his syllabus tightly.

“Umm…Lee Sungyeol, you’re in as well,” his professor read over his glasses. Myungsoo watched as his Sungyeol…umm object of affection jumped with a large smile and eyes roamed to look for an open seat. His eyes landed on the seat beside Myungsoo. He rushed to it immediately and then turned to Myungsoo with a gummy smile. Myungsoo stared back and they kept staring at each other for a while. Sungyeol was smiling brightly and Myungsoo was blankly staring. Sungyeol finally broke the staring contest.

“Hi!” he whispered. Myungsoo hummed in reply shifting in his seat uncomfortably. He could hear the professor talking about the course somewhere in the distance but his main focus was Sungyeol’s smile. He watched as Sungyeol glanced between his professor and him before he spoke again.

“Are you good with numbers? I mean math wise?” Myungsoo blinked twice until he found himself nodding which caused this Sungyeol kid to smile excitedly, a smile Myungsoo found endearing. Myungsoo watched as his Sungyeol pulled a sheet of paper out and scribbled something furiously and stop suddenly to turn to him again. ‘This boy is amusing to watch,’ he began to think but then heard Sungyeol’s voice somewhere far. Myungsoo snapped from his thoughts, “What?”

Sungyeol glanced toward the front and then asked quietly, “Do you think you can tutor me? I mean if you don’t mind, of course, and if you’re not busy or stuff like that…” he drifted off. Myungsoo smiled to himself.

“Yeah I can tutor you.”

“Really?” Sungyeol’s eyes sparkled brightly and flowers surrounded him…or at least in Myungsoo’s head they did. “Yeah.”

“I’ll pay you…somehow! I’m not working yet but I can still pay you other ways right? I can do small services like cleaning or whatever you want. I can…” Myungsoo smirked victoriously as thoughts of different ways Sungyeol could do payments flooded his mind. “Sure, we can talk about that later…yes?”

Sungyeol nodded eagerly and tore the paper he had written on and gave one piece to Myungsoo who stared at the writing which was surprisingly neat. Sungyeol stood up towering over him. ‘Oh , class ended,’ Myungsoo thought.

“That’s my number. We can meet up any time after noon since I only have morning classes after this. We can also discuss payment then.  Just text me so we can talk details.”

This kid seems innocent,’ thought Myungsoo as Sungyeol spoke, ‘maybe I should start off slow…

“Oh,” Sungyeol voice pierced his thoughts again, “I can pay back in any form,” Sungyeol winked as he turned away and exited the classroom, leaving Myungsoo staring after him. He shook his head chuckling at his feet. ‘Maybe not’ he thought to himself.

 

“This class might not be too bad” he said to himself, smirking as he grabbed his things and left the room, twirling the piece of paper between his fingers before pocketing it, securing. He would definitely call later tonight.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

so there it is! i had been working on it for the last two months during my math class lol. but i finally got around on finishing it. 

hope you liked it! <3

thanks for reading!