Close Encounters

The Chase

 

“So… all we have to do is capture this band of delinquents?” Yoona asked Taeyeon as they exited the meeting room.

“Well yeah but it’s not as easy as it sounds” The girls headed to their office where they had been left with all the files existing on The Rebels.

“That’s it? These are all the existing files on the Rebels?” Jessica scoffed as she looked through the short stacks. “It’s all a bunch of threat letters and accusations of murder.”

“What do you mean that’s it? You do know that 27 accusations of murder in the last 4 years isn’t exactly exemplary civilian behavior.” Sunny snatched up one of the files and began to read it.

“Well I kinda agree with Jessica on this one Sunny. There is little to no evidence that pins the murders on the Rebels. And even if they did we’d have absolutely no idea who or what we’re looking for.”

Sunny gave Taeyeon a slight glare before admitting she was right. “I guess so…”

Jessica noticed Yoona had been rather quiet ever since the beginning of the meeting. “Hey Yoong, what do you think?”

Taeyeon and Sunny both turned to face Yoona as well before she finally spoke. “I think there is probably a reason why they are suspected of all those murders. I also think that the killings coincide with the threats made in these letters.”

“Maybe you’re right but where do we start? They’ve managed to be completely anonymous until now.” Jessica sighed as she sat down.

“Well Jess, that’s what we get paid to find out”

 

*********************************************************************

 

“What are you panning Yul?” Tiffany asked as Yuri got off the phone with one of their ally organizations.

“This is perfect…” Yuri disregarded Tiffany’s question and kept bustling about getting things ready to execute her new plan.

“What? W-what’s so perfect about the feds wanting our heads on a plate?” Tiffany was getting dizzy with all of Yuri’s moving around. She was once again ignored, something that didn’t really fly well with her. She grabbed Yuri with both hands and with an irritated look yelled “Will you just tell me! Sheesh Yuri my job is to help you but I can’t if I don’t even know what I’m helping you with”

 Yuri looked at Tiffany up and down as a wide smile spread on her face. “Yuri you look reeeeeeeally creepy right now… what are you planning?” rather than annoyed Tiffany was now slightly frightened of what Yuri was cooking up and her involvement in the matter.

“Tiffany… have I ever told you that you are gorgeous?” Yuri smiled at Tiffany but it was easy to see she wasn’t looking at her but rather at her plan unfolding in the near future.

Tiffany sighed and let go of Yuri, “I don’t like where this is going…”

 

*********************************************************************

 

“Girls! I have n- Umph!” Sunny rushed in and accidently ran into Taeyeon causing her to almost slam straight into the floor.

“Ouch!” Taeyeon was rubbing her shoulder while being held up by Sunny.

“I-I’m…umm… sorry” Sunny slowly let go of Taeyeon and began to walk away. At this Taeyeon quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her into the nearby file closet.

“Sunny…” Taeyeon whispered making Sunny shiver. She looked into her eyes; she could see the effect she had on the shorter girl and that pleased her.

“Taeng… we can’t do this… I can’t do this…”

“But Sun-“

“No.” Sunny whispered. The hurt was visible in her face as well as Taeyeon’s. “The sneaking and hiding… I just can’t anymore.”

With that she stepped out of the closet. She looked both ways to make sure no one was around then turned back towards Taeyeon. “Come now, we’ve got a tip from an informant with the time and place of a Rebel meeting.”

 

*********************************************************************

 

“Oh God! Seriously Yuri!?” Tiffany looked at her outfit in disgust. She looked like a ty teacher.

“Umm… what do you think? Too much?” Yuri tilted her head to the side as she examined her model.

“Too much?! I look like I just stepped out of a playboy magazine for Christ sake!” Tiffany yelled as she hit Yuri.

“Ouch! Okay Okay no need to get your lacey in a twist” Tiffanu gasped and started turning trying to look at the bum.

“You can see my underwear!?”   

“We’ll go for a more subtle look.” Yuri once again ignored Tiffany and continued scheming. “Yes. Subtler will work, but you still gotta look hot though so keep that in mind”

Tiffany looked at Yuri like she was nuts. Which wasn’t so unlikely considering the taller girl was talking to herself as she looked through the clothing racks. Tiffany sighed as she thought; this is gonna be a long day…

 

*********************************************************************

 

All agents in position?

The girls all nodded discreetly as they heard their chief instruct them through their earpieces.

Yoona take the back alley and make sure you keep your eyes open. Taeyeon, Sunny, you two take the front enterance and make sure to blend. Jessica keep your eyes on the building at all times and stay in high ground. Be as cautious as possible. We don’t want to alert the civilians or the Rebels of what’s going on.

The girls all moved into position and waited around. It was both a blessing and a curse to be on the crowded streets of Manhattan. It made it easy to blend but harder to spot. Anyone of those people could be a Rebel.

“Sir the building is secure. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.” Jessica whispered into her earpiece.

“Everything’s normal here too.” Sunny said as she pretended to talk into her cell phone.

Yoona? Taeyeon?

“Clear”

“Clear”

 Damn it! Wait a while longer girls…

As they waited Yoona noted a shadow passing through the alley. “Who goes there?! NYPD!” She drew her gun and cautiously walked closer to where now an eerie noise was coming from.

Detective Im what’s happening?

“Yoona is something wrong?” Jessica worriedly said into the communicator.

 “I thought I saw and heard something. It must’ve been my ima-“

In the time span of a few seconds Yoona felt slightly disoriented. She felt someone tie her hands and bag her face. Her earpiece was ripped out of her ear before she was dragged into what felt like the back of a van.

Once she was back to her senses she tried to set herself free but was stopped by two pairs of muscular rough hands. After a while the van stopped and Yoona was being hauled out into a building. She was thrown on a hard wooden chair and had her limbs tightly bounded. She heard the sound of heels hitting the floor. Slowly and teasingly approaching her. The clicking stopped once her captor was standing right in front of her. She felt the bag being removed from her head and as she adjusted to the bright light she heard a low chuckle.

“Well what have we got here?”