You Belong With Me: Final

You Belong With Me {2min edition}
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Whatcha doing Tae?"

Key peeked his head into his brother's bedroom to see Taemin sadly picking at his guitar strings.

Taemin stopped for a moment to shrug, then went back to aimlessly plucking at a single string.

"Ok. What's wrong?" Key asked the younger in a motherly tone and pulled the guitar out of his arms.

"Nothing." He mumbled.

"Isn't prom tonight?" Key put his arm around his brother's shoulder.

Taemin stared at his feet and pouted, making Key chuckle.

"So, I'm guessing the boy next door didn't ask you?"

"Minho's straight, hyung." Taemin shrugged his brother's arm off and turned to face the opposite direction of Key.

Key let out a big breath of air before grabbing his younger brother's shoulders to turn him back around.

"Did I ever tell you about how I met Jjongie?"

"Didn't you guys hook up at a club or something?"

Key blushed. "Well.... sort of. Actually, before that he was also the popular guy at my school, like Minho. I was openly gay and I was always teased for it. Mostly by him actually."

Key couldn't help but giggle when he recalled Jonghyun's stupid antics.

"So?" Taemin asked, not understanding what his brother was trying to say to him.

"So... I actually grew to like Jonghyun despite him always bullying me. But I knew I could never be with him since he was straight. I felt depressed one night so I decided to sneak into a gay bar downtown. When I got inside, a couple of jerks tried to beat me up for some reason I don't remember....  and I thought it was the end for me until Jonghyun stepped out and beat the guys up. After we escaped I asked him why he was there and he told me he was gay. The next day I had the guts to tell him how I felt and now--"

Key held up his ring finger. "--we're engaged."

Taemin grinned at his hyung's story but soon fell to a frown, still discouraged.

"But that's different. Jonghyun hyung told you that he was gay. Minho never indicated that he was."

Key pulled his younger brother into a hug, his head tucked into his scrawny shoulder. "Sorry for peeping, but I saw your little window conversation earlier."

Taemin pulled his head out and pouted. "Hyung!"

"I said sorry! Anyways..." Key intwined his hand in Taemin's. "I get the feeling this guy really likes you Taemin-ah," he said sweetly. "You, me, and Jonghyun are going to prom."

Taemin raised his brow. "Why are you guys going?"

Key scratched the back of his head. "Jonghyun and I signed up to be chaperones."

"But hyung!" Taemin whined. "It's probably already started and besides, I don't have anything to wear."

"There's nothing wrong with being fashionably late. And follow me."

Key grabbed Taemin's wrist and dragged him to his bedroom to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What am I even doing here? Minho thought to himself as he leaned himself against the wall in the corner of the ballroom.

"Taecyeon oppa! You're such a good dancer!"

Minho turned his head to see Yuri with her arms wrapped around her new boyfriend's neck, making sure her ex was watching the whole thing.

I'm out of here...

Minho rolled his eyes and flipped his hair back before pushing past couples to get to the exit.

Halfway there, he notices an older gay couple walking into the balloon arched entrance, hand in hand.

They look happy. He sighed.

"Excuse me." Minho squeezed past another couple before stopping completely in his tracks. He held his breath for a moment while examining the late guest's features.

Is that really him?

 

Taemin fumbled with the button on his grey, silk blazer Key made him wear as he walked into the crowded ballroom. The fumes from the fresh blonde hair dye made him want to gag and he was still getting used to his permed locks. He could barely even walk right with the tight black skinny jeans he was forced into and the laces of his polished oxford shoes kept coming loose. Luckily they ended up being an hour late so Key didn't have time to put makeup on him. Overall, the new look was a nuisance, but he had to admit he looked decent.

When Taemin glanced up after fixing his white v-neck, he could feel a blush rising up his neck.

On the other side of the dancefloor was a wide-eyed Minho, who was wearing a black tuxedo paired with a grey striped tie that matched Taemin's blazer.

There was a moment when Taemin and Minho felt like they were the only two people in the room. They stood completely still, staring at each other from afar. He looks...amazing. Minho thought.

He looks amazing. Taemin bit down on his lower lip. He lifted his hand up to push his glasses up from his nose, but realized that there was nothing there since Key made him wear contacts.

Minho's feet somehow carried him across the dancefloor and over to the other boy; his eyes still locked on Taemin and not even watching where he was going. He bumped into a few couples, causing a commotion and making Taemin giggle.

When Minho was just steps away from Taemin, a dainty hand grabbed his arm and pulled him close.

"Minho-sshi, where do you think you're going?" Yuri seductively whispered into his ear, knowing that that was his weakness. Minho however stood still, for he didn't feel a thing. Taemin could only watch, thinking that Minho would be back into Yuri's little game once again, and he would be left alone.

"Guess what?

Please log in to read the full chapter