Chapter 7

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin slumped himself onto the chair inside his private office which was at the basement of his house. It has been a more than a month since he last sat on his favourite chair and just freely roam his eyes all over the dark ceiling, thinking of which pawns to draw next. He slightly pushed the tiled floors with his toes so that the chair turned in a circular motion. There were just too many things going on inside his head. It was starting to give him a headache.

“Min Hee…” his lips slowly whispered as he thought of her who might have fallen asleep in their room upstairs. He had to admit that he still had this uneasy feeling even when he had brought her safely back home. After all, the last attack happened in this very house. He had no idea how those bastards managed to break through their last security system and have prefect knowledge of the exact layout of his house. But this has forced Changmin to shuffle around, fire and recruit his employees and also tighten the security around the premises. Luckily, their secret trap doors remained a secret. At least he can tell Min Hee which way to go in case of emergency, considering that she already forgot about all these.

What bothered him the most is that he still couldn’t get to the bottom of this. Everyone related to this house has been interrogated during the past month yet no useful evidence was found. It fired up his rage as the thought of an insider being among them crossed his mind. If ever he gets his hands on that ungrateful peasant, he would make sure that they suffer a living death.

Unconsciously, his fingers balled up to a fist and his hand started to redden.

“Milord, did you ask for me?” suddenly Changmin heard footsteps approaching his mahogany desk. He turned the chair around to meet the eyes of the speaker, who looked rather exhausted. But still, the approaching man bowed down in respect of the other man. 

Changmin nodded as affirmation and took a few short breaths to brush away his building anger.

“SongSun… Yes, I did. Sit down,” Changmin motioned him to take the empty sit in front of him. He scooted closer to his desk and brought his hands together, resting his elbows on the table. His face wore cautious.

SongSun did as he was told and raised his head to look at his boss in the eyes. “Is there anything wrong, Milord?”

Changmin examined those wrinkled eyes with mixed thoughts. “Why would there be something wrong?” he replied, leaning back in his seat and placed his elbows on either sides of the arm-rest. Only one thing crossed his mind as he looked into SongSun’s dark brown eyes: Will this man ever betray his trust?

“It’s rare that you summon me at this time of night, Milord,” SongSun replied. “Surely, someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter