Chapter 23

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Hee felt a forceful tug at her heart before her eyes suddenly shot wide open. Her breathing was hard and uneven. It was the most awful nightmare that she ever had. Clutching her heart tightly in one palm, her eyes scattered around the room in search of a face that she missed so much. Slowly, she pulled herself up from the bed. There was no one around.

Without warning, a trail of tears flow down her cheeks as she brought the other palm to her heart and held it tight. Suddenly, it felt like it was being ripped apart. She didn’t understand why.

Desperate for company, she tried to get off the bed when she suddenly felt pain on her knees. She swiftly removed the heavy comforter from herself to examine the source of pain. A frown formed on her forehead as she tried to remember what could’ve caused those scratches. Leaving the spot of where she thought her heart might be, she brought both her hands to caress her knees instead which were heavily swollen. Only then that she notice that her arm muscles were sore and her hips were bruised.

Bringing her arm to wrap around herself, all she could think of at the moment is Shim Changmin. She needed him by her side now, to protect her from the fear that is slowly taking over her.

She wiped away the tears that were still falling and encouraged herself to stand up.

“Min Hee…” a man’s voice called out to her from the door. She turned her head around to find the concerned face of her friend, Kim Junsu.

She wanted to greet him, but she can’t seem to find her voice. Instead she tried to smile, which turn out to be bitter. Maybe it’s because of the dried tears effects down her cheeks.

Junsu came closer to help her get up since she had trouble to straighten her knees at first. “T-thanks…” she mumbled softly, her body was slightly trembling. “What happened to me?”

The man at her side was hesitant and looked away for a moment before sighing and turned back to Min Hee. “Please don’t do it ever again. Did you know how scared I was? Did you know that you could’ve died?” he answered instead, his voice was slightly angered.

Min Hee stared at Junsu with wide eyes. “That wasn’t a dream?”

Junsu looked at her in slight amusement as he knew Min Hee had always been able to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Having her doubt the incident when the evidence is clearly visible on her body is very unusual. Could this mean…

“Junsu, it wasn’t a dream?” Min Hee repeated her question when she figured that Junsu was spacing out. “Locking the door, running towards the balcony and jumping off… all that wasn’t a dream?”

The man shook his head slowly, feeling a bit uncertain at the way Min Hee was behaving.

“Then why am I still here? My body should hit the ground hard and I should have died!”

The sudden change of tone in her v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter