Why everyone loves Zelo.

Why everyone loves Zelo.

 

1. Jongup

"But I want to."

That day Zelo had in mind that he wanted to - at least - try drinking beer. It didn't matter how much the members tried to tell him he was too young to drink that, or that it was too early in the morning to even take a sip, Zelo was the most stubborn kid that could exist. 

His pouting and anger faces didn't even succeed. Little by little, all the members went out of the kitchen telling him that he wasn't going to get always what he wanted, leaving him by the frigde screaming in an overdramatic voice. He was even crying, for god's sake. And Jongup just stood there, next to him, watching with a crooked smile how the maknae was hugging the white refrigerator like his life depended on it. 

"You're only 15, I didn't try alcohol since I was 17. Or 16", Jongup wondered, looking at the ceiling with his smile still on his face, "but that doesn't matter anyway. You're just too young and that's it."

Zelo stopped sobbing slowly, and turned his face so the older could see his exaggerated pout. Jongup scoffed.

"Don't laugh at me or I'll hide all your underwear. All of them. You won't be able to change them for a week."

The maknae's voice sounded serious, even his face adopted a frown. 

"It doesn't even taste that good, believe me. I prefer to drink other things. Just wait and, when you're old enough to drink, I'll let you try the best things ever."

Jongup thought he was slowly convincing Zelo, as he was now standing and looking at the floor.

But then he looked up. And did aegyo to him.

And Zelo said beer tasted awful and Jongup told him to speak softly or the others would hear him, asking himself what had the maknae done to him. 

 



2. Youngjae

They already ended that day's practice, but Youngjae decided to stay in the room for a little bit more. Even if all the members told him he was good enough, he never thought that - his spirit of excellence told him he had to practice until his lungs couldn't stand it so it wouldn't be enough, but perfect

As he was watching himself in the mirror practicing the last part of Power, he heard a noise at the door. He stopped dancing suddently and turned around only to see Zelo standing there alone, looking at the floor where two glasses of water remained, water scattering everywhere.

", , ."

Youngjae would have told him to keep his mouth shut if he was going to say those words, but instead he only went closer to Zelo to help him. The younger bent to the ground as if he wanted to clean the mess, but got frustrated and sighed.

"Im sorry hyung", the manknae kept muttering apologies, taking the glasses and standing up, while searching with his gaze for something to mop the floor. 

"Don't worry, it's okay", Youngjae smiled and put a hand on his shoulder, "Why did you bring this here, though? Weren't you already heading to the dorm with the others?"

Zelo looked at the floor again, as if he was slowly realizing his disaster. "They told me you were here dancing by yourself and I wanted to help you somehow, so I came to bring you some water at least."

The oldest squeezed his shoulder a little bit, reassuring him, telling Zelo without words how grateful he was. A smile appeared slowly on his face, and taking the maknae's hand, they went to ask for a cleaning rag.

He didn't remember when he fell in love with Zelo, but the reasons why he did were present everyday in his life.



 



3. Daehyun

Daehyun wanted an ice cream. They already ended their promotions sucessfully, and he used that argument to keep asking for that. As if that meant he could ask for anything he wanted. Yongguk had the manager to buy him a new cap, Jongup had a new shirt. 

And Daehyun only wanted a ing ice cream and no one wanted to go with him to the ice-cream saloon.

Life isn't fair.

"Stop acting as the maknae of the band and start behaving more like an adult", Yongguk had told him, heading to his room to take a nap.

He sighed, watching the leader disappear through the door frame and muttering some complaints under his breath. He said something like what have I done to deserve this and headed to the couch, to sit there alone waiting for someone to wake up and take him outside. But to his surprise, the actual maknae of the band was lying there, with a cute teddy bear under his arm, smiling slightly and sleeping.

"You're lucky you don't have those kind of problems."

"Act like an adult, Daehyun hyung."

Zelo said that smiling, his eyes still closed and hugging tightly his teddy bear, laughing a little bit. Daekhyun just looked bad at him and scoffed, crossing his arms on his chest.

"It's okay, I'll go with you."

"What?"

Daehyun stood there in surprise, watching how the maknae left his teddy bear aside to get out the couch and, rubbing his eyes, get to his side. The older looked at him with wonder in his eyes, as Zelo kicked his side softly and headed to the door laughing.

"If you don't follow me I'll get the best flavour."

And as Zelo closed the door, Daehyun smiled to himself.




 


4. Himchan

A couple will always be a couple. That was what Himchan told himself everytime he saw a cute girl holding hands with a guy on the street, that he didn't have a girlfriend because he couldn't, not because no one wanted to be with him. He had his charms, indeed. He was good-looking, lovely, funny and he could be cute if he wanted to. There was no reason for people to dislike him.

Sure. Well. Maybe?

He didn't like to walk throught the streets because he always had to see those kind of people, and therefore he had to disguise himself and wearing sunglasses and a hoodie when it was Summer wasn't so nice. At least Zelo had offered to go with him to get the new videogame that Sony released lately, if not he would have had to go alone and well, that'd be even worse.

Zelo wasn't talking. He kept walking, smiling and humming a song. He even looked at those couples and looked even more happy. Himchan told himself the boy was a lost case.

"Could you please stop smiling and looking happy when I'm that mad, please", Himchan said, without looking at him. "It disgusts me."

"But it's Summer and everyone's happy so we should be as well and we have to smile because we have everything we want and-"

"We DON'T have everything we want", he snapped angrily and walked even faster, making the maknae hasten his steps.

"What is that you don't have? You're cute."

Himchan pointed at a couple a few meters away from them, reiterating what he was pointing at.

"THAT is what I don't have. And I'm tired."

At first Zelo had a surprised look on his face, making an 'o' with his lips and even twisting his head slightly to the side. He then smiled softly and, suddently, took Himchan's hand.

"Let's be a couple for today, then."

And Himchan wanted to say something, but Zelo was already taking him along, walking throught the streets like real couples do.

And it wasn't till a few weeks later that the older actually realized he wanted to be a real couple with Zelo.




 


5. Yongguk

"I miss your curly hair", Yongguk had said one day, while he was lying with Zelo on the couch.

"But it's still curly?", the younger lifted a hand so it'd be touching his hair, now pink, and made a pout with his lips.

"Aish, not this curly. A lot more. Like before."

Yongguk stretched out his hand to touch the maknae's hair, it, while he slowly thought why the feelings he had for the little boy were that strong.

It wasn't like he had planned that, but some day he just knew there was no turn back. He always wanted to protect Zelo, but now he wanted to do it... differently. He wanted to be the last one to wish him good night, the only one to kiss him on the cheek and the first one to tell him how beautiful he was. Zelo would only smile and feel his cheeks turn pink, telling Yongguk to stop acting like his boyfriend.

But he actually liked it, and loved when the leader would caress his skin one afternoon on the couch like that one.

"Am I not pretty anymore, huh?", Zelo , laughing when the older pinched his cheeks. He slowly shifted his position and leaned his head on Yongguk's chest, drawing lines on his stomach.

"You know you're so handsome to me".

Zelo smiled.

"I'll tell the noonas to make my hair even more curly for the next comeback."

And Yongguk didn't know what it was, but he knew Zelo would have him always falling for him, over and over.