Love doesn’t come with Logic

Love doesn’t come with Logic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time Cho Kyuhyun met Lee Sungmin, the man placed in his care by the resident doctor he was being trained under. At first he asked why, but the man simply said that he wanted him to have a good case. Kyuhyun frowned in confusion, but didn’t say anything as the older doctor lead him into the room. Sungmin was gazing outside the window, watching the birds and the sun outside with a small smile on his face, but he turns when he hears them coming, greeting them warmly.

Kyuhyun has never seen a happier patient.

“Sungmin, this is Dr. Cho Kyuhyun from now on he’ll be the one seeing you okay?” the resident explained to the young man on the bed, aside from the IV line on his arm and that he was a bit pale, Sungmin didn’t look sick at all.

He smiled and nodded obediently “Okay, Nice to meet you Dr. My name is Sungmin” he said, a bit too cheerful as he extended his hand. Kyuhyun had grabbed it before he realized what he was doing, but Sungmin had shaken his arm and let go of him his hand felt warm.

The resident checks Sungmin for the last time as Kyuhyun stood and watch, he wondered what Sungmin’s case was and if he was really sick enough to have to be kept in the hospital. Then again some illness can be very misleading.

Kyuhyun learned that when he was finally given Sungmin’s chart. Sungmin had brain cancer. And the resident had given him the patient because he couldn’t do anything for him anymore.

They couldn’t even tell how much time the young man had.

The next time they meet. Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun, who wondered how he could still smile despite knowing he could die at any given minute. He stared at the young intern, eyes softening “You know…don’t you?” he said softly.

“I’m sorry” he had said, but he didn’t know why he had said it, perhaps it was because even though he was supposed to be healing him, he couldn’t do anything about it at all.

Sungmin shook his head “It’s okay, I’ve accepted it” he said with a small smile “Still, I don’t why Doctor has given me a new doctor…but I should thank him for giving me the opportunity to meet new people” he giggled, Kyuhyun didn’t know why but he liked the sound so much. He hadn’t the heart to tell Sungmin the other doctor had given up on his case and he was just here to be a stand-in.

“Well” he finds himself telling the man. It was out of character, definitely because Cho Kyuhyun wasn’t the kind doctor to his patients “Maybe he thinks I can cure you better” he said. “I’m a good doctor after all”

The patient smiled and looked at him “I think so too Doctor” he nodded in approval “Please take good care of me”

Kyuhyun vows to do so, even if it wasn’t logical “I promise”

Sungmin had been living in the hospital for months ever since he was diagnosed. It was his parent’s decision but Kyuhyun never saw them inside the man’s room even after being Sungmin’s doctor for a month.

“They left me” Sungmin told him, when he glanced around the rather large room. He stiffened and turned his attention back to Sungmin, who only smiled at him knowingly “To them I’m as good as dead, so they’ve stopped coming” Kyuhyun shook his head, that was cruel…but he couldn’t say that in front of Sungmin, who was smiling and thinking he could understand what his parents were thinking.

Sungmin had a habit of gazing outside the windows and longing for the sun outside. And Kyuhyun thought it would do him good to bask in the sunlight in the morning, so he arranged an half an hour meetings with the man at 7, when the sun rays were still healthy and could help the patient.

Sungmin almost couldn’t believe it when he was first brought out into the sun. the previous doctors didn’t even think about it and preferred to keep in his room, so after those months he was stepping into the grounds for the very first time. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile at the look of happiness on his face.

He stopped on his tracks when he found Sungmin crying, tears cascading down his cheeks while smiling. As Kyuhyun felt a tug on his heart “Thank you Kyuhyun” he whispered sincerely, and the young doctor never felt so rewarded for something he had in his career as a medical practitioner.

He felt his heart race when Sungmin leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek gratefully, before standing next to him gazing at their surroundings, which never looked so lovely in the doctor’s eyes before that moment.

Sungmin developed a high fever, and was convulsing. Kyuhyun prescribed the best brand of medicine there was available and he himself did the alcohol bath to bring down Sungmin’s scorching temperature. He cursed himself, thinking that exposing Sungmin too much in the sun was the one that brought him the infection.

“I’m sorry Sungmin-sshi” he muttered as he wiped the cloth basked in alcohol along Sungmin’s arms, his temperature wasn’t going down at all. “I’m going to take care of you, like I promised so hold on, okay?”

“K-Kyuhyun-sshi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter