Chapter 5 |Reunion

Fighting the Test

 

EXO instantly caught everyone’s attention after their showcase. It was crazy how many fans greeted them the moment they arrived in China. By looking at the photos that the fans captured, I could tell that they were very surprised and grateful.

Since 8th April, they have been attending to fan-signs; music shows and EXO-M were busy doing interviews and such. And there I was, cooped in my room, filling up college application form for any college that was available.

I massaged my neck before leaning back at my chair. I spun around and looked at the calendar that was hanging on the wall. It was exactly 3 weeks and 5 days since I’ve seen Kyungsoo. I’m not going to lie; I was surprised that it was that long. It seems like it was just a week ago that I was with him at the showcase. Maybe I was too busy with the application forms.

I missed him. I missed talking to him. I missed his smiles. I miss his affectionate eyes. I turned around and faced my laptop. I typed in EXO-K and searched for their schedules.

 

Do I look okay?  I wondered. I smoothed out my skirt and looked around for any sign of EXO. I heaved out a sigh when there was none. I sat down and tried to blend in with the other fans. It seems like I was the only who didn’t abring a camera. I looked around and saw that the fans really prepared a lot of things like gifts, albums and such.

I took out EXO-K’s album from my handbag and looked at it. This will be alright, right? I was too absorbed in my own thoughts that I didn’t even realize that EXO came on stage. I quickly stood up and instantly looked at the face that I longed to see.

It was then I realized that I missed him too much when tears started to fall. The entire fan started to run in front of the stage to get a glimpse of them but there I was, standing still looking at him. It felt as if heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders to see him healthy and fine.

EXO-K sat down at their chairs, getting ready for the fan-signing. I nervously watch as the fans went one by one onto the stage. I looked at Kyungsoo and smiled whenever he smiled to the fans. Oh how I missed that smile of his.

Minutes, hours passed and it was finally my turn for the sign. I slowly walked onto the stage making sure I won’t trip in the process. What do I say? IS this too weird? I don’t want to do this. All sorts of things were going through my mind .I stopped in front of Baekhyun and awkwardly put down my album on the table.

"Oh, what is ---" His eyes immediately widened when he looked up at me. "Yah … what ..?" Baekhyun looked so confused. "Hey Oppa." I awkwardly waved my hands.   He looked at Kyungsoo and saw that he’s too busy talking to the fans to notice that his girlfriend was just meters away from him.  

Baekhyun was forced to write my name on the album when the guards scolded me for being too slow. I read what he wrote and laughed. Yah! How can you make me so surprised like that! I got the same response from Sehun who blurted out "Noona." immediately after he saw me.

I chuckled at his response and handed him the album "Jung Mirae." I said. "Ah, yes, yes, yes." He said quickly and signed the album. He held out the album but he won’t let it go when I was trying to take if from him. "Sehun-ah." I softly called out. "Sorry, It’s just I haven’t seen you for the longest time." He pouted. "It’s not my fault that you guys are so popular." Sehun scrunched up his face and spoke "Don’t throw the blame on us."

As much as I wanted to talk to him, I couldn’t make the other fans wait so I moved on to Jongin. He wasn’t as surprised as the other members were. It’s as if he knew I was there. "What did you guys talk about?" He asked as he took the album from my hand and quickly signed his name on it. I made a face "No hye? No smile?" He forced a smile and said "Annyeong Mirae-yah."

"This kid really" I glared at him. "Faster kid, you’re slowing down the queue. Plus, he has been waiting for you to come to our fan sign since forever." He nodded at Kyungsoo who was still busy talking to a fan.

I nervously walked towards him.It’s as if my heart will jump out of my chest any time soon. It didn’t even take 3 seconds for me to reach in front of him. I put down my album with a light thud and that caught his attention as he immediately looked up at me.

He looked right into my eyes and it was then it felt as if the time stopped. I gulped and shakily handed him the album. "My name’s Jung Mirae." He snapped out of his daze and took the album from my hands. I was confused when he put the album back on the table instead of signing it.

"You … you don’t know how much I’ve missed you." He softly said. I softened "Stay healthy, okay? Don’t stress out too much." Kyungsoo once again successfully fluttered me when he smiled at me. He didn’t even get to sign my album when the guards asked me to hurry up. "Can you wait for me after this? Wait for me, okay?." He quickly said. I just simply nodded and moved on to Joonmyun.

 

 

_________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes or grammar errors