Part 1

a sight to see
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seeing people, things, objects is my everything. My vision is one of my valued senses. I am a photographer. I want to capture what I see on a camera and show it to everyone; to the world. My mother told me that I would become a world famous photographer one day. It turned out just that way but, I’m not famous. Not yet.

 

Along with sight being one of my most valued things in life, I also valued a person. Not my parents. I mean, valued them just as much but not as much as Chanyeol.

 

I met Chanyeol at a photoshoot. I was interning at an up-and-coming magazine. A well known photographer took me under him as an apprentice. His name was Joonmyun.

 

From the first glance, I mistook Chanyeol as a stuck up model who could care less about any one else but them self. I was wrong. He approached me first, you see. I guess you could say that I fell for him at first sight. He was just absolutely perfect and even better looking up close.

 

"Hello." His deep voice caught me off guard.

 

"Hi." I muttered slightly confused. I swished to my side to see if there was anyone else there. No one.

 

That was how our relationship started and a few weeks later there I was sitting at a cafe with him on our first date. Our first kiss happened after a two weeks of dating. A few months later and he wanted me to move in with him. I didn't object and agreed right when he asked. My things were packed and moved over to his place.

 

We were in a committed relationship. We were comfortable with each other, so comfortable that the subject of didn't make us uncomfortable. Chanyeol called it making love. I just called it . Our first time happened before our ten month anniversary. It was one of the best nights of my life and for him as well.

 

The thought of loosing my sight never crossed my mind. I lived like anyone with no worries that I would ever lose my sight. It all came to me at once and I wasn’t ready.

 

I was looking through a photo album that I had started when Joonmyun took me under his wing. I was half way through the book when a black splotch appeared in my vision; in my right eye.

 

'What?' I blinked and rubbed my eye thinking something was just in it. It went away but my vision in that eye was blurry. I started panicking. 'No. Don't tell me. Not this.' The tears started. I chocked back a sob.

 

My sight is everything to me. If I lost my sight, there was no point in living anymore. My life would be useless. I could never look at beautiful things again or watch the sunset or see Chanyeol. Chanyeol. The thought of not being able to see him caused more tears to run.

 

The sound of the front door closing didn't stop me from crying. I heard Chanyeol's deep register as he announced his arrival home and I smiled a little over the tears. We always did that even if one was home or not. He must of heard me because he walked into the room where I was.

 

"Hey," His voice gentle seeing the way I was crying on the ground. "What? What's wrong?" He asked kneeling down and placing a warm hand on my back.

 

"Chanyeol," I spoke through sobs, "Chanyeol, my eye. The vision in my right eye is blurry."

 

The silence was sharp. I swear I could hear the hands of the clock in the room ticking away.

 

Chanyeol knew photography was my passion and that my sight was everything to me and he reacted quickly. "We'll go to he hospital. Right now." Bu

Please log in to read the full chapter