Make me famous.

Make Me Famous!

Chapter 4

Kai smirked. "You seem to know a lot about her." 

L warmly smiled. "She was brought into the same entertainment agency as me when she was 12. It wasn't until she was 15 that she actually started talking to me though." 

"You've known her for so long. It's weird how you guys are just friends," Kai cynically said as I sat back into my seat.  

I frowned suspiciously at the boys. "What are you guys talking about?" 

"I was just wondering how you and L can be such good friends without feeling attracted to each other," Kai tilted his head.

I slowly sipped my water, trying to think of something to say. 

"L Hyung doesn't have any interest in girls right now. He's never even had a girlfriend," Sungjong cheerfully said.  

L lightly smacked Sungjong's arm. "You make me sound gay." All the boys laughed at L's embarrassed face. 

Suho smiled. "L, you've really never had a girlfriend?" 

L awkwardly nodded. "Yeah. I've had crushes, but I've always put my dreams of being an idol first before anything. I think having a girlfriend is a distraction." 

I gazed at L in admiration. He had always worked hard to achieve his goals. I remembered the countless hours L practiced in the dance room, and began feeling my cheeks blush, thinking about him. 

Sunggyu proudly patted L's back. "I've known Suzy and L for a long time, and they're just like distant siblings." 

I felt my heart drop at Sunggyu's words. Siblings? 

"I don't consider Suzy as a sibling," L proudly claimed. "She's a girl to me." 

All the Exo-K and Infinite members began laughing and making sarcastic remarks. 

"Oh, does our little L think of Suzy as girlfriend material?" 

"You like Ms. Devil?"

L playfully shoved the excited boys. "Shut up."

I looked down as my heart thumped hard and fast against my chest. Suddenly, a cold hand caressed my cheek. Instantly, I looked up to see Kai leaning toward me. "Your face is red." 

I slapped his hand away from my face. "I'm going home." 

L got up from his seat. "I'll walk you out." 

"Actually, I think I'll walk her out," Kai said. "Suzy and I have a lot to talk about." 

L looked confused, but slowly sat back down onto his seat in defeat.

I faked a smile at Kai. "I don't think we do." 

Kai laughed. "Do you want to talk here? L, did you know the chicken noodle soup-"

"LET'S GO OUT!"

Kai smirked. "Are you asking me out?"

I felt myself getting hot. Furiously, I pointed toward the exit. "Out!" 

 

My manager waited for me in my black van. I tapped my foot impatiently onto the ground. "Do you have something to say?" 

Kai put one hand through his black, unkempt hair. "I know you like L." 

I prepared to instinctively deny everything, but I knew that my effort would be wasted. Kai was stubborn and he, in less than a day, had figured a part of me out.  

"So what? What do I have to do to keep your stupid mouth shut?" 

"Sing a duet with me." 

I looked at Kai's serious face and began laughing. He was an idiot if he thought I was going to sing a duet with a rookie who wasn't even the main vocalist of his group.

Kai glared at me and I instantly stopped laughing. "What's so funny?" 

I walked closer to Kai with pretense confidence. "You're only a rookie rapper." I lifted my chin up in arrogance. "I will not sing with a rude, talentless person like you," I coldly answered. 

Suddenly, Kai laughed just like I had a moment ago. I had hoped that Kai would be hurt by my sharp words. I had wanted to see him cry or glare and walk back into the restaurant. 

"Bae Suzy. I don't think you understand your position,"  Kai gently rested his hands onto my shoulders. He leaned his face close to mine and I could feel my breathing stop. "I know your secret, and you will do what I ask if you want to avoid a scandal." 

As I stared into the boy's angry, vengeful eyes, I felt fear slowly creep up on me.

"Make me famous." Kai enunciated each word. "Make me famous Bae Suzy."