Vicious Angel

Vicious angel



Donghae was speechless with fright. His feet felt like jelly and wouldn't obey his continuous orders to scram. He felt his knees buckle and he fell to the ground with a crash.


'So, did you think that I would hold back forever?' came a sneer from right over him. He recognised it immediately. It was his lover, Lee Hyukjae. Donghae was shaking like a winter leaf in a snowstorm. What was Hyukjae going to do to him?


Hyukjae bent down over Donghae and lifted his head up. 'Well?' Donghae shook his head, not daring to open his eyes even just a little bit. He had always known, all those years, that his best-friend-turned-lover could be dangerous. Yet he had never realised that Hyukjae couldn't hold back forever: He would lash out some day, at anyone he wanted to. It so happened that Hyukjae had been bottling up anger and frustration for so long, he just exploded with fury.


Finally, Donghae slowly lifted his eyelids, and saw a very different look of Hyukjae. He looked evil, with a cruel smirk. He held, in his hand, a knife. His eyes just told of fury, anger, kept back for a lot of years, nearly the whole of his life. His voice was different, it sounded harsh, almost mad, and soft, like a whisper.
He looked...
Vicious.
 

Donghae looked at Hyukjae fearfully, 'Hyung. ' he pleaded, 'Please, let me go. I-I'll do anything.' Hyukjae's lips turned into a nasty snarl, 'Anything at all?  Come with me.' He then whipped around and strode swiftly out of the chamber-like room. Donghae got himself off the ground and ran after the older man.


Hyukjae led him to a theatre-like room. He sat on one of the seats in the middle and Donghae thought he'd better do the same. He sat down beside Hyukjae, looking at him questioningly. Hyukjae smiled, almost warmly, and said, 'We'll be watching a little something that I have prepared. It's special, watch and see.' Donghae nodded and lay back.


The curtains of the stage drew and music began playing. It was unearthly perfect, but somehow it didn't make Donghae feel good. It was deathly, like the march of the dead. And Donghae didn't enjoy it at all. Two men came onstage, between them was a woman. She was badly scarred, her hair was all over the place and her clothes were torn and bloody. She looked like she had been taken advantage of, more than once, and badly tortured. She seemed to be saying something.


'Donghae.' she said, in a hoarse voice. Donghae gasped, how could he not have recognised her? She was his mother. Donghae sprang up from his seat at once but Hyukjae grabbed his arm and pushed him back down into his seat. 'The show just started, don't leave yet.' Donghae had no choice but to stay put. 


The two muscular men on stage tied his mother against the floor, with long metal ropes. They produced whips, long and vile-looking. Donghae shut his eyes, not wanting to see the gruesome scene. But he could still hear his poor mother shrieking and begging for mercy.


Onstage, his mother wept and pleaded for the torture to end, but to no avail. One of the men kicked her head back down to the floor. 'Shut up, you frigid !' He reached for a cloth and stuffed it into . 'That will shut your mouth.'


Hyukjae, meanwhile, was cheering from the seats. He was enjoying the show, and tremendously at that.


'Please, stop it...' sobbed Donghae from beside him. He had his hands over his eyes. Hyukjae snorted, 'You haven't seen the finale, HaeHae darling.' Donghae, reluctantly, looked up to the stage, knowing that he wouldn't be able to escape.


One of the men on the stage left the scene. The other fished out a gun, and aimed it right at Donghae's mother's head. All of it was way too much for Donghae to take, he got off the seat, and fell onto his knees at Hyukjae's feet.
Hyukjae knelt down infront of him, a sly grin on his face. 'Well then, Donghae. Are you willing to go in her stead?' Donghae hesitated, was he willing? After a moment, he nodded, expressionless. Deep inside though, his nerves seemed to be torn to a hundred shreds. He had a faint cold fear down his veins that almost froze up the heat of life.


Hyukjae looked shocked for a split second, then composed himself and nodded towards the tall man on stage. He nodded back, and dragged Donghae's mother backstage. Hyukjae turned to Donghae, 'Now I promise you, Donghae. When you leave this world, I'll grant you your last three wishes. Tell me what they will be.' Donghae thought for a while, 'Please... Keep my mother safe and alive. Keep yourself well and happy,' his voice reached a higher octave, 'And don't ever forget about me and all the moments we spent together.' Donghae's words were still ringing in Hyukjae's mind when Donghae went up stage to face his death.


The man lifted his gun, 'Any last words, dearie?' Donghae murmured, 'Lee Hyukjae. I love you.' He then closed his eyes, ready to die. Hyukjae looked up, no way. He couldn't let Donghae die. Donghae, sweet and innocent, the love of his life. He loved Donghae, he just couldn't let him go.


The man aimed the gun at Donghae, and pulled the trigger, but Hyukjae had sprang up, and jumped infront of Donghae. He had taken the shot instead of Donghae. Donghae opened his eyes, and saw Hyukjae sprawled on the floor, gasping. Blood was oozing out of the gun shot. Hyukjae's face was pale, and he choked out, 'Donghae..' Donghae rushed over at once.


Hyukjae's eyes were filled with remorse and tears, his hand reached for Donghae's hands. His brown eyes searched for Donghae's black ones.


'H-Hyung is sorry for everything. Please f-forgive me, Donghae. I was too reckless. I-I just wanted to say... I-I love you.' His grip on Donghae's arm loosened.


Donghae sobbed, 'I love you too hyung.. You're the only one that has my heart.' Hyukjae managed a smile, 'Goodbye.'


Then he his hand dropped to the floor and he moved no more.


Lee Hyukjae, the vicious angel, gone forever, never to return.