Chapter 4

SM Battle

July 3rd, 2012 

 

  "..That's all there is to the concert. I just forgot to mention it during the meeting," Leeteuk explained to his current group members who were listening to his rules, expectations...and everything else a leader like him would expect.

  "So, SMF already had this meeting...and already chose their 15 performances? Wow...you better not let Taeyeon surpass you with her amazing leader skills!" Kyuhyun teased his team leader.

  "Oh..be quiet. Alright! I don't want to admit it, but Taeyeon is doing an outstanding job. In just one day, she planned everything. Meaning in the two to three months time, they will be practicing and only practicing. So we, as a team, should be able to be at the same pace. So, instead of wasting so much time on your partners and your songs, I'll decide the partners and you can choose your own song. Yesterday, while you guys were having your fun, I had a short talk with President Lee. Although, I didn't have to, I asked him if he had any particular groups he would like to see. So with his kind heart, he chose a partner for each and every one of you. That means either you'll be singing solo or with one other person, no more than that. I'll say all the information on this sheet in random order. Then, since we might have some extras, we discuss after," Leeteuk kept a serious face as he pulled a crinkled sheet of paper out of his pocket.

  "Sure..." Jonghyun nodded as he tried to take in everything Leeteuk had just said. "What if we don't like our partners?"

  "We'll see. I checked it yesterday night, so it should be fine." Leeteuk assured Jonghyun with a smile. "Alright, Seohyun your with Kyuhyun...just like expected," he mumbled to himself as he took a few glances at Kyuhyun noticing his burning face . "Tao and Sooyoung. Sehun and Kai. Chen and Suho. Chanyeol and Tiffany. Taemin and Sulli. Yoona solo. Yun-"

  "Woah...who solo? You got it wrong right?" Yoona cut Leeteuk off after hearing her name alone.

  "No, I'm pretty sure it's right," Leeteuk looked down at the sheet of paper and nodded. "Yep, it's right. President Lee wrote Yoona solo. Here, you look at it."

  "Yoona solo?...Oh o-" Yoona paused after seeing a 7 letter word between Yoona and solo. "Leeteuk...you know I- no-I can't..."

  "Yes you can. Don't worry. You have an amazing voice. You just don't know how to show it, and this is your chance," Leeteuk whispered in Yoona's ear as he cleared his throat and started naming names again. "Yunho and Victoria. Yesung and Jonghyun. Sungmin and Amber. Eunhyuk...you are with me," Leeteuk put the sheet of paper back down on the desk. "Everyone know you partners?"

  "Yes..." everyone replied in unison. Everyone except someone. Someone tall yet not that tall. Someone quiet yet talkative. Someone strong yet fragile. Someone confident yet scared. Someone in the name of Im Yoona.

 

 

  "Now you all should have greeted your partner? Am I right? If so, take a seat next to each other as well. We currently have 11 performances, which means 4 more to go. Any volunteers?" Leeteuk raised his hand to show an example.

  Kai who was quietly looking over at his noona, sitting next to her, sighed as he was worried. Whenever Yoona had a solo performance, according to his hyungs, she had stage fright. That's why she loves performing with her 8 other sisters, but if she ever does have to perform alone, there would always be one or two backup helpers with her. "M-may I volunteer?"

  "Sure! Do you want to perform alone?" Leeteuk grabbed his pen waiting for his answer.

  "U-uhm...Yoona noona? Can you perform with me?" Kai nudged Yoona softly on the shoulder. "I don't want to perform alone...plus I think I'd perform the best with you..." Kai laughed quietly.

  "Oh...sure," Yoona murmured.

  "Oh great!" Kai smiled after hearing her agree. "Leeteuk hyung! I will be doing it with Yoona noona."

  "Oh sure," Leeteuk smiled as he wrote Kai and Yoona's name down on the piece of paper.

  "But, I was wondering. May we perform before Yoona's solo?" Kai bowed his head, afraid of his answer.

  "Well," Leeteuk started as he turned his head to look at the blanked-out Yoona. "Sure, I guess."

  "Thank you!" Kai jumped up from his seat and bowed. 

  "No problem," Leeteuk chuckled at his innocence. "Any other volunteers?"

  "A duet..." Sehun mumbled to himself. 

  "Nobody?" Leeteuk gave a concern look at the others quietly sitting next or in front of him. "Alr-"

  "ME! ME! ME!" Sehun jumped up from his seat, surprising everyone. "I would like to do a duet!"

  "Fantastic!" Leeteuk smiled at the maknae. "But with who?"

  "Noona..." Sehun smiled as he pointed at Seohyun.

  Seohyun who was silently observing her nails didn't even notice everyone's stare. As she slowly looked up wondering why there was such a long silence, she was shocked to see Leeteuk's questioning face, and Sehun's smile. "W-what?"

  "Noona, can you do a duet with me?" Sehun continued smiling as he repeated his question.

  "O-oh sure..." Seohyun panicked as she looked down from embarrassment.

  Leeteuk laughed at her cuteness as he raised his hand, "2 more to go! Any more volunteers before I choose the performers?"

  "Leeteuk Hyung? Want to do a duet with me?" Jonghyun volunteered as he held in his laughter.

  "Oh, that'd be perfect!" Leeteuk laughed as he wrote their names down. "1 more...Chen and Tiffany! There, settled. Any questions?" Leeteuk paused, and looked at everyone. "Now, we just need to check all these songs we are doing, then we're good! So when I call your name, just tell me the song name. Alright, Sooyoung and Tao?"

  "We'll be- Well, I'll be dancing to some hip-hop beats, and Tao will be showing his 'moves'" Sooyoung replied, laughing at her own wording.

  "Okay...So freestyle? Any beats?" Leeteuk gave a curious look at Sooyoung.

  "Well, yeah," Sooyoung nodded, while thinking of some moves she would do.

  "Jonghyun and Yesung?" 

  "'I Wanna Hold You' by Super Junior Feat. DBSK," Jonghyun gave Leeteuk a prideful smile.

  "Ahh!~ Good song," Yunho laughed, giving a smile towards Jonghyun.

  "I agree, good choice," Leeteuk laughed. "Kai and Sehun?"

  "Super Junior 'Sorry Sorry' dance and song," Sehun said out loud, for everyone to hear.

  "Alright, Super Junior sure is popular. Anyway, Tiffany and Chanyeol?"

  "'One' by Epik High Feat. Ji Sun noona," Chanyeol gave a smile to Tiffany, turning back to Leeteuk.

  "Okay, Sungmin and Amber?" 

  "'Do You Know That?' By Kim Bum Soo Feat. Wonder Girl's Yubin," Sungmin replied to his hyung,

  "Chen and Suho?"

  "'W-wedding Dress' By Big Bang's Taeyang," Chen stuttered, giving Suho a 'are-you-sure' look.

  "Taemin and Sulli?"

  "Uh...," Taemin turned to look at the tall and innocent girl sitting next to her. "I guess...f(x)'s 'Nu Abo'?"

  "Alright then..." Leeteuk gave a sly smile. "Yunho and Victoria?"

  "I don't know..." Yunho gave Victoria a confused look. "What song?"

  "Well, what do you want?" Victoria gave the same look back.

  "Any...any is fine with me," Yunho replied.

  "Alright then, 2PM's 'Heartbeat'?" Victoria gave a small smile at Yunho.

  "Oh...sure." Yunho shyly looked down

  "Seohyun and Kyuhyun?" Leeteuk lifted his head to look at the quiet girl and evil-looking Kyuhyun.

  "Uhm...'Dreams Come True' by Seohyun and Donghae Hyung."

  "Alright then, Eunhyuk, what do you want to do?" Leeteuk asked his partner.

  "We'll see. Let's think about it later," Eunhyuk shrugged.

  "Oh okay, we still have time anyway. Now for the extras, tell me during the next meeting. I want to have some time to practice our main performance. Everyone, you may go now. Yoona...you stay," Leeteuk put his hand on the young girl's shoulder.

 

```~~~```

  "Yoona stop being so unconfident," Leeteuk gave the girl standing next to him a stern face. "I don't know what is so bad, so why not stop acting so unconfident. Okay? At least, try?"

  "I got it," Yoona swung her bag on her shoulders. "I'll be going to practice now. I'll tell you my song at the next meeting as well."

  "Yoon-"

  "Goodbye. Have a nice day," Yoona bowed and walked out the door.

 

 

  "Kai! Wait up!" Yoona ran out of the meeting room trying to catch up to a young guy dressed in a very nice and cool looking fashion. Next to him was another young boy with a crazy flying hairstyle.

  "Oh, Noona?" Kai turned around, finding Yoona running towards him. "What's up?"

  "L...let's practice our performance first," Yoona gasped for air as she put her right hand on Kai's shoulder.

  "Alright," Kai gave Yoona a smile and turned to face his friend. "Sehun, you...you can go practice with Seohyun noona first? How about we practice tomorrow?" 

  "Sure, I don't see anything wrong with that," Sehun shrugged with his hands still in his pocket. "I gotta run now, noona walks pretty fast while reading her book! Goodbye Yoona noona! See ya Hyung!" Sehun bowed at Yoona as he ran farther and farther away from the two.

  "What a player..." Kai managed to mumble out before turning back towards Yoona. "Shall we?" Kai smiled as he politely stretched out his hand, directing towards the elevator.

  "I'm not that old! Let's take the stairs!!" Yoona laughed as she ran towards the stairs.

  "It was just manners, NOONA! I didn't mean to call you old!" Kai laughed back as he chased Yoona down the stairs.

  "Hurry up! You're so slow!" Yoona yelled back as she continued running down the stairs.

  Kai smiled as he fastened his speed and pulled Yoona's arm to stop her. "Not so slow anymore, am I?"

  "Whatever," Yoona pulled her hand away and pouted. "Where are we now? What floor?"

  Kai laughed at her innocence, "We only went down one floor. You might be my noona, but at times, I'm smarter, taller, and more athletic."

  "Psh, yeah ri-" Yoona stiffened when Kai put his index finger on her forehead and pushed it lightly.

  "Don't act all strong, Im Yoona," Kai put his finger down as he lowered his voice in a more serious tone. "Be the Im Yoona you really are. The one I look up to."

  "What do you mean? I am Im Yoo-"

  "So shall we practice here?" Kai cut her off.

  "Oh sure...Is there a practice room here?"

  "Yep, let's go!" Kai smiled as he took her hand and intertwined their fingers and pulled her towards a practice room at the corner of the whole floor.

  "O-oh..." Yoona quietly replied. W-why is everything he's doing remind me of him? Taking me home, my forehead, and even our closeness...it feels...feels....for some reason, in place...

  As Kai continued pulling her towards the room, he turned back a little and observed her confused facial expression. I hope all of this will change your impression of me...and make you forget that kiss...

 

  *Flashback*

  Where the heck are those two? They couldn't have gone that far right? Kai continued running down every street he could run towards in Seoul.

  "Oh my god...are you Kai from EXO??" A stranger stood in Kai's way, who was trying to find Yoona.

  "Huh? O-oh hello," Kai replied not looking at his fan's face but instead looking to the right and the left looking for her. "I'm sorry, I'm a bit busy right now, goodbye!" Kai bowed to his fan, not forgetting his idol image.

  "OPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! OH MY GOD! IT'S HIMM! OPPPPPAAA I LOVEEEEE YOUUUUU!" the fan screamed as she watched Kai run past her.

  "God, I forgot to put a disguise on..." Kai yelled at himself, still running down some street in Seoul looking for Luhan and Yoona. "Where the heck can they be? On a bus??" Kai talked to himself as he turned to the right and the left. The bus stops. Kai ran down the street, spotting a bus stop just a few meters away from him. Jackpot

  "Noo-" Kai was going to yell, but instead he caught sight of Luhan leaning in to kiss her on the lips. He stood there, across the street from the two, staring at them locking their lips together. After a while, he saw them pull away from each other blushing from embarrassment. He looked at Yoona, and noticed her happy and shy smile. H-how come I never see that...that kind of Yoona. It's always the strong and cool Yoona...not like that...like that towards Luhan Hyung...Kai snapped out of his thoughts and ran across the street, finally deciding to act like he didn't see anything. "YOONA NOONA!!'

 

  *End of flashback*

 

```~~~```

  "The song is easy. A happy melody and a cheerful voice will do it perfectly." Seohyun started to explain everything to Kyuhyun, who was obediently sitting on the ground listening to her. The two were in one of the smallest rooms in the company. The room had 2 mirrors and one speaker. No chairs or desks, so Kyuhyun ended up sitting on the ground. "You see Donghae oppa and I sang this song for the 2011 Asian Song Festival. Plus if you just look at the title 'Dreams Come True' you can tell we need a happy and cheerful voice! If not the fans won't be really like, into the song, and our job is the opposite. Our job is to really tell them that dreams come true, because we believe they do! So when we are sin-" 

  "YO! WHAT'S UP!" Sehun barged through the door shocking both Kyuhyun and Seohyun. 

  "YAH!" Kyuhyun jumped up and walked towards the maknae. 

  "Excuse me, Sehun-ah, what are you doing here? How did you know we were here?" Seohyun calmly walked towards the young man.

  "Easy. I followed you," Sehun gave a wink.

  "And why?" Seohyun raised an eyebrow, demanding for an answer.

  "BECAUSE, we need to practice. What do you think?" Sehun rolled his eyes, laughing at the two.

  "But we're practicing," Kyuhyun spoke up.

  "I know...I can kind of see," Sehun turned his head, looking to the left and to the right. "You're in a PRACTICE room. So of course."

  "Sehun," Seohyun sighed. "We'll practice tomorrow okay? I am practicing with Kyuhyun oppa already."

  Sehun sighed as he leaned on the closest wall to him, "I wonder how it feels."

  "What?" Kyuhyun walked towards him, also leaning on the wall next to Sehun.

  "To be called 'Oppa'."

  "What do mean? Many girls call you 'Oppa'." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

  "I mean from her," Sehun pointed at Seohyun.

  "M-me?" Seohyun pointed at herself. 

  "Yep.." Sehun frowned.

  "What the heck are you saying? Oppa! Let's get back to practicing. Just ignore him for now," Seohyun motioned Kyuhyun to stand next to her.

  Kyuhyun nodded and turned to look at Sehun. "One day," he shrugged and walked over next to Seohyun.

  "As I was saying, this song has a cheerful background. So you can't act all serious, have a smile on your face always. Donghae oppa did a pretty go-"

  "How nice..." Sehun interrupted Seohyun again. 

  Seohyun ignored his comment and continued, "He did a good job. So I'm sure you will too right?" 

  "Of course, can't disappoint you," Kyuhyun smiled.

  "Eww..." Sehun curled his fingers with a disgusted expression. "No. No. No," Sehun spoke out in English with a cute Korean accent. "Hyung, you're doing it all wrong. If this is your so called 'flirting' it's awkward and disturbing. I think I should teach you some smoother ones. You know the ones that actually wo-"

  "Sehun..." Kyuhyun glared at him while motioning his eyes a towards the annoyed Seohyun.

  "What?" Sehun bluntly replied, not noticing Seohyun's annoyed look.

  "Seohyun-ah, let's continue," Kyuhyun turned Seohyun, in order for her to face him. "Don't worry about him."

  "Alright," Seohyun slightly smiled back.

  Sehun, who was watching the two smiling affectionately at each other, jumped up from the ground. "Woah, woah woah!" He yelled while rushing towards the two. "Hyung please," Sehun politely pushed him away from Seohyun's sight. 

  Kyuhyun sighed as he looked at Sehun turn towards Seohyun. "Sehun, what are you doing?"

  "Shush, Hyung," Sehun silenced him. "Seohyun noona, annyeong!" He attempted a cute wave.

  Seohyun closed her eyes before bursting into anger. "Sehun...go back to where you were, or get out!"

  "Just saying 'hi'..." Sehun slouched as he slowly walked back towards the wall. "Oh and Kyuhyun hyung," Sehun turned back around and ran towards Kyuhyun and leaned in to whisper, "Hyung...no more flirting. That's my job."

  "Huh?" 

  Sehun stood up straight and shoved his hands in his pocket. He looked at Kyuhyun and smiled, before walking back towards the wall.

 

```~~~```

  "So what song?" Kai asked while looking at his reflection in the mirror, fixing his hair. 

  "I don't know. What do you want to do?" Yoona asked, watching him fix his hair. 

  "Well, I'm a dancer," Kai replied still fixing his hair, flipping it to the left and to the right, pondering over which one to choose.

  "I'd choose dancing over singing...anytime," Yoona sighed, rolling her eyes at Kai who was totally absorbed in his hair.

  "Oh," Kai gave a short reply. "Hey, which one do you think looks better? This or this?" Kai finally decided to ask the only other girl in the room for her opinion.

  "For crying out loud...they look the SAME," Yoona exclaimed, walking towards Kai. "Here let me help you," she offered.

  "Alright then..." Kai put his hand down, allowing her to fix it.

  Yoona gave a evil smile, and started messing up his hair.

  "HEY!" Kai backed away. "Look at what you d- wow, it looks pretty good," Kai laughed as he looked at his reflection.

  "You're welcome. So what song?" Yoona asked again.

  "I don't know. What do you want to do?" Kai replied.

  "We...are just repeating everything!" Yoona sighed. "Can you just be the good guy here and think of the right song?"

  "Fine! Fine..." Kai threw his hands up in defeat. "Do you want to dance? Or sing...? Because maybe singing before your solo, might warm you up?"

  "Yeah...I guess singing."

  "I'm not a very good singer. But I can rap. And if it's that, the first song that pops up in my mind is Key and IU's 'Love Letter For You'"

  "That song??? No way...that's too hard for me," Yoona frowned.

  "Fine...but I really have to rap only. I never sang a ballad before..." 

  "I know..."

  "Okay, whatever. Shall we talk about this some other time? I mean we still have a lot of time. Plus, I'm a bit hungry," Kai shyly laughed, rubbing his stomach.

  "Same here!" Yoona smiled. "Let's go!"

 

```~~~```

A/N Chapter 4 finished! I'm so sorry for not updating in so long!! I was a bit busy....busy reading other fanfics! >.< Can't help it. Some are just too good! xD Anyway, I find this chapter pretty easy to follow, but that's just me. So if you guys are confused about anything, just ask me. I'll be sure to answer any questions. Also, if you haven't noticed yet, in each chapter, at the beginning or sometimes in the middle, I added the date. So, if you have to go back to find some stuff, I'm sure the dates will be able to help. So...chapter 4 is up so enjoy!~ Oh and please comment and subscribe! Thank you!!