IV.

Beautiful Stranger

 

 

V. Don't Hesitate; Hold my hand

 

  Her phone vibrated, and her face turned into that of distain upon seeing the caller’s name. She truly did not want to pick it up. But being such a soft-hearted person, nonetheless, she picked it up.

 

/It’s me./

/I know./

/I want to see you. No, I mean I need to see you. I just have to, Yoona. Maybe we-/

/We’ve nothing to talk about./

/No, there’s so much I’ve not said./

/Minho, I’m hanging up./

/I’m sorry. I’m really-/

/…/

 

  Almost immediately, Yoona hung up the phone. She could feel her chest tightened as she heard his apology that was awfully awkward. She knew his apology had come terribly late, and she knew it was just three words over the phone. But, more than anything else, she knew it was sincere, and it had come from the bottom of his heart.

 

  Yuri frowned as she furrowed her eyebrows slightly, stuffing her cold hairs into her classy coat while checking her lavish designer watch for the umpteenth time. It was already midnight, and there she was, waiting in the freezing cold weather, for that one man who had unexpectedly asked her out at such late hours. She had almost dashed out of her house, upon receiving his text.

  And yet, he had not arrived.

  Shuffling of footsteps could be heard clearly in the middle of the deadly silent night, and the handsome man whom she had been waiting for finally appeared. He was in a perfect disguise, but she could immediately recognize his defined angular features, especially his deep dark eyes which she truly adored.

  “You’re late.” She snapped, and displeasure was clearly visible on her bare face.

  “I’m so sorry, Yuri.” He was still panting, trying to catch a breath as he quickened his steps towards her.  “I-I was held up by-”

  “I don’t really care.”

  It was always like that, he really hated it. She would always interrupt him, without showing him any respect. He was truly upset that she never did give him a chance to explain himself. It wasn’t the first time she would cut his words off, being that demanding unlike-

  “So, why did you ask me out so urgently?” She continued, jolting him out of his deep thoughts.

  “I’ve been thinking over these past few days.” He started, rather unconfidently. “Maybe we should stop seeing each other for the time being.”

  She froze, and for a moment, she could not believe her ears.

  “Don’t come to my dorm anymore.” He continued, and he could see the rage rising in her. “Give me some time, Yuri.”

  She flinched distinctively.

  “Why?” That was the only word she uttered.

  “There’re too many things running through my mind now. I’ve to sort them out properly.” He tried to explain to her, calmly. “Besides, it’s rather inconvenient for both my members and I.”

  “I’m a bother to you right now?” She continued to question him, trembling in fury.

  “No, I just want to make sure what I’m doing is what I want. I don’t want to make a mistake and regret in-”

  “I’m a mistake?” She scoffed, forcing out smile which conveyed pain, misery, anger and agitation. “And you’re regretting being together with me?”

  “No, listen to me.” He gripped her shoulder gently, yet firmly. “I can’t be this irresponsible. We’re being unfair to Yoona. I have to-”

  He tried to calm her down, but instead, it backfired badly. She shoved his hands off her, turning away from him as he did not want to him to see the tear that escaped from her eyes.

  “And you’re being fair to me?”

  “Yuri, I-”

  “Choi Minho!” She yelled, clenching her fists tightly. “We’re through.”

  “What?”

  “I’m breaking up with you.”

 

  “He called me.” She said, avoiding his gaze while looking up at the twinkling stars.

  He nodded his head lightly, following her gaze towards the mysteriously dark night sky.

  “Really?”

  “He apologized.”

  “That’s good.” He took a deep breath of the cool air, before smiling warmly at her.

  “You’re not asking about me?” She returned a gentle smile.  

  It was not that he was uninterested, but rather he knew there was no need for him to ask. She would have confined in him, nonetheless. Besides, he knew too well what she’d have done.

  “You hung up on him, didn’t you?”

  “And how’d you-”

  “I just know.” He stared deeply into her bright doe-like eyes, before running a hand casually through his perfectly tousled hair. “You’re too easy to read, Yoona.”

  “He requested to meet me up.”

  “You should go.”

  “Should I? I’m afraid-”

  It was the first time she had felt that tingling sensation as he placed his large palm over her slender fingers. She felt secured and very protected, and unknowingly, she leaned towards him, gripping onto his hand tightly.

  “Don’t be afraid. I’ll always be here for you.” He enjoyed their closeness that very moment, maybe just a little too much as a large smile spread across his face, unable to hide his happiness at all.

 

  That night, he held her hand, or maybe she was the one who held his hand.

 

A/N: Chapter Five is up, which means that I'm half-way through this story~ Yay! Just for you to know, there'll be a total of 10 chapters for this fanfic. I'll be completing this story, before releasing more chaptered stories. But in the meantime, I'll be doing more one-shots. You might want to take a look at my July Plans, which consists of my completed, ongoing and coming-soon stories :) Please support by commenting and subscribing!

P.s I've a new poster made by Little Angel's Graphic Shop! It's actually my second time requesting from her. I'm so happy with the poster. Isn't the poster pretty? I especially love the bright colors she used, and of course, the sparks! Not to mention, she's such a nice designer. Don't forget to support her poster shop! <3