Jessibear

Because Tears are Overflowing

Krystal’s POV

I stopped walking and released my hand from the death grip of Minho’s hand.

“what’s wrong, krys? You wanna buy something?” he asked me with that curious face.

“nah, I saw Jessica unnie in the park. I just wanna fetch her” I answered as I walked towards the bench she sat on, even didn’t bother to looked at him.

 “I’ll wait here!” he shouted to me.

I entered the park gate and made my way to the bench where I saw Jessie was. I was 5 meters away from her. And from all the noises that I could hear, one of them is...sobs? what??

Jessie is crying? What happened? I had never have see her crying like this. Why is she crying in a public place?

As I stood just a meter away from her, I tried to call her. “Jessie...”

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“Jessie...”

What? What now? I can clearly hear her beautiful voice?

“Sica-unnie...” this time I feel pair of hands caressing my arms. Soojung is here? The owner of those hands sit down beside me on the bench. I tilted my head and looked up to its face, and I saw an angel looking at me. Correction, it’s my angel.

Her right fingers gently wiped my chubby-like-cheeks because of all the crying session. I gazed deeply into her eyes for a second, the next second I cried again.

“Jessie...what’s wrong?”

“please just tell me what’s wrong unnie...” her voice cracked as I sobbed harder with my palms covering my face. She hugged me tight, the back of my blonde hair and my back. I can feel her warmth slowly ease the pain I felt in my chest. She did that continuously ‘till my whimpers faded.

There was a long silence.

“are you okay now?” she asked me with a concerned voice. I can’t speak right now, my throat was already dried so I nodded my head.

“let’s get back home” she stated, no, more like demanded. Then she stood up from the bench.

 

 

Krystal’s POV

I stood up from the bench but suddenly Jessie held my wirst and pulled me down. When I sat back to the bench by a force, I felt a pairs of cold wet lips pressed against mine. I was shocked, really got shocked by this sudden so called kiss. My first kiss.

For a couple of seconds, I gathered back my thoughts. I stood up and quickly pushed her away which ended up she fell hard on the green grass.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I shouted at her, still not 100% mindful. Fortunately the park is pretty empty so no one looking at us. She stayed quite, with her head hungs low, low enough for me only to see her white hat.

“I-I’m...s-sorry...” she sputtered.

“You're crazy unnie!”

“soojung...” she looked up at me and there, I could finally see her eyes. She stood up and tried to hold my hand but I pushed it away.

“How could you do that to your very own sister?!” I still shout at her. Seriously, she must be crazy! Then I left her there, dumbfounded. I ran out of the park as fast as I could.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

STUPID! What did I just do?! Aaargh!!

I ran fast to chased after her. No, Soojung-ah... don’t run away, please... don't be mad...

At the park gate, I saw her tripped just in time she ran on the middle of the road and fell down. When she tried to stood up again, I could see a container truck passed fast on my left side. My legs just like had its own brain that with no doubt I ran to her and with all my energy left, I pushed her out of the road.

“Krystaaal...!” I heard Minho shouted, what a no use of you, I thought. In the same time, I felt truck lights shot on me, soon after that I could hear a loud BUMP. The last thing I know was her, the only love in my life, shouted my name and cried.

 

 

Krystal’s POV

I walk back and forth from east to west then north to south while crying helplessly. My knees are getting weaker as time passed by, but she was still in the surgery room with the doctors. I already told my parents in States that Jessie was hit by a truck and now she’s in the surgery room. They told me to calm down and wait for them to come here tomorrow.

“Krystal, please have a seat. You have to be patient and just wait for the doctors to come out from there”

“How could you ask me to chill?! I can’t, Minho!” I snorted at him.

“Let’s just pray for the surgery and all” he held my hand and made me sit on the chair.

I cried louder this time. But I prayed for Jessie since the first step I stepped on this hospital’s floor. I saw lots of fresh blood streaming out of her forehead, nose and mouth when we brought her here. Oh God...please safe her...I wanna talk to her again, apologize and make it up to her...

I just realized it. I realized that I love Jessie not as a sisterly sister, but beyond deeper than that. I got no butterflies on my stomach and my heart don’t raced in speed pace whenever I’m with Minho. I realized that it only happens whenever Jessie is around me and I need her by my side more than anything God offers me. Why I realized it just by now, when it ended up too late? If I realized it sooner, this thing would never gonna be happen and she must be okay right now...

After several minutes, finally one of the doctor come out from the surgery room.

“Are you Soojung?” he asked me.

“yeah?”

“please come in” he opened the metalic heavy door and I got in there in an instant. “she needs you” with that I rushed to Jessie’s side. My heart, it felt like breaking into the smallest pieces like a dust, when I saw her lied on surgery’s bed. I interlaced her free hand with both of my hands.

“Jes...jessie...” I cracked into a thoat-dried-full cry as I felt her hand tightened between my hands. “I’m sorry Jess...” she stared into my eyes and all I could see in her eyes were a love that I’ll never met anymore in this entire world.

She muttered a word that I couldn’t hear clearly. So I bent down and placed my ear near .

“I...l-lo-love y...yo-you” once more, I cried deep from my heart. I no longer felt her grip in my hands and she closed her eyes.

“No...jessie...”

“Sica....”

“Je-Jessica...” I fell hard to the white floor, still holding on her hand tight. No...

“Sica-unnie...” God, please, no....

“UNNIEE...!!”

 

 

Normal’s POV

5 years later

A lady dressed gracefully with a bouquet of white lillies in her hand stand in front of her love’s grave.

“annyeong, unnie...how are you doing today?” she traced her love’s name on its gravestone with her long slender fingers and smiled a bit.

“I bought you your fav flower, white lillies...” her eyes are getting hot an watery.

“I just graduated from Seoul University in Enterpreneur major yesterday...as soon as I graduated from Kirin, I went to Seoul University and got in the same major as you...” a tear dropped from her right eye down to her love’s grave. “I broke up with him, 5 years ago, in the night when I lost you. I promised myself that I’ll never love anybody else from now on nor getting married”

“Ah...” she chuckled a bit. “thankyou for the cute teddy you bought for me. I have been keep it well ‘till now. and I called it as Jessibear” her voice allmost cracked but she managed to stay still.

“I love you, unnie...”

I love you too, Jung baby...

Her smile get wider, you sure always know how to make me smile even though you’re not here, she thought.

 

 

 

 

~END~