Henry's First Dream

My Dream Girl

Henry’s POV

[First Dream]

I was standing all alone in an alleyway. Fog was circling all around me. It was cold and dark out.

I didn’t know where I was...why I was there or what time it was.

I started to walk down the alleyway, my feet crunching the fallen leaves on the street pavement and snapping twigs. I heard the faint sound of sirens off in the distance and dripping drain pipes from the buildings on either side of me.

At the end of the alleyway, I looked to my right. There was a silver car parked on the curb in front of a lamp post. To me it looked like the light bulb in the lamp was going to blow out at any minute, since it kept flickering.

I looked to the left. There was not a person in sight, although all the lights in the shops and restaurants were brightly lit. Where did everyone go?

Just then, a girl ran past my vision. Her long and wavy jet black hair with thick purple streaks was swaying from side to side. She had many different necklaces around her neck, jingling.

I reached out to grab her arm to stop her, but she was too quick for me and continued to run. She was panting and she looked frightened.

“Excuse me, miss.” I yelled out to her. She looked back but didn’t respond. I couldn’t see her face clearly because it was hidden within the shadows.

She turned back to look forward and continued on her way. It was as if someone was after her.

Apparently, I was right. A group of men were following her. When they passed by me they pushed me to the ground. I fell backwards with a loud, “THUD,” right into one of the rippling puddles.

“Out of the way, boy!” One of them shouted in anger.
When I stood up, I found my arms were all wet and my elbows were scraped and bleeding.

Wait a minute...there was men chasing after an innocent girl! I must help her!!

With determination I got to my feet, dusted off my pants and I started to run in the direction the men went.
The cold night air filled my lungs and after a while I felt refreshed, but I also felt tired because my legs were throbbing in pain from all the running. I felt like I had been running for hours, instead of only seconds.

I chased them all the way to into another alleyway down the street, where the girl was cornered into a fence. I crouched down behind a green dumpster close by to catch my breath before I would run in and kick some .

The men cornered the girl. She was still facing the fence; I could see the puffs of air coming out of as she breathed deeply. There were three buff men surrounding her. They closed in on her and burst out in laughter.

“Are you lost little girl?”

One of them asked. He grabbed a hold of his brown suspenders with his thumb and pulled them an inch away from his fat belly. The girl turned around and that’s when I saw her beautiful features, glowing under the moonlight.

She had pale skin, small red lips coated in shiny lip gloss, rosy cheeks, and round pointy ears sticking out of her long hair. One side of her bangs were pulled back and clipped up with a sparkly butterfly clip. Instead of having one eye colour, she had two. One eye was a dark, chocolate brown colour and the other was a hazel colour. They were twinkling under her long eye lashes with black mascara.

“What’s a girl like you doing outside all alone?”
The girl didn’t respond at all. I curled my fingers into a fist and slowly got up, prepared for my perfect entry.
“Look at me when I’m talking to you!” One of the guys said as he grabbed a hold of the girls wrist.

That was the last straw!

“Hey!” I shouted, coming out from behind the dumpster. All three men turned to face me.

The thing was, I wasn’t even scared...okay, so maybe a little bit. I mean, three big men against me?

[Outside of Dream]
[End of Henry’s POV]

[Donghae’s POV]

I was lying wide awake in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Henry and I shared a room together in the Super Junior M dorm. He was a great roommate to have. But today I was having a hard time sleeping, because Henry was having a nightmare. I sighed and turned my head to right to look at Henry.

He was tossing and turning on his bed, his bangs and face drenched in sweat. His blankets were half on the bed and half on the floor.

I wondered what he was dreaming about.
“DON’T TOUCH HER!” I heard him shout.
Who was he talking about?

I knew it was a bad idea to wake up someone from a dream or a nightmare, but I was really worried about Mochi.
With my decision made, I tossed my blankets aside and walked over to Henry’s side. With my hands I shook him lightly.

“Henry! Henry, wake up! It’s alright, it’s only a dream!” I said softly.

I grew even more worried when I saw tears sliding down his cute chubby cheeks.

I started to shake him harder.
“HENRY!”

That got him up. He opened his eyes and sat up, panting. His shirt was drenched!

He looked over at me and wiped his tears away with the back of his hands.

“Oh Donghae,” he said, putting his hand over his beating heart. I smiled warmly at him.

“I was having a nightmare,” he added softly.
“Hold on, I’ll be right back.”

I ran into the bathroom, grabbed a bowl, filled it halfway with ice cold water and came back into the room. I set the bowl down on the edge of Henry’s bed, drenched the towel and dabbed his forehead.

He seemed to calm down after that.

“Can you remember what your dream was about?” I asked him.
He nodded and told me about his dream from beginning to end. It was quite a strange dream about a beautiful girl getting attacked by three buff men. I wondered if he has had this dream before...