Chapter 2 Meeting you again, confessing to you

We'll be together ~Eventually~

 

After a few hours of driving, I finally arrived to harabeoji’s old house. It was still there, thank god, abeoji haven’t decided to destroy it yet, well maybe he simply forgotten all about it. I got out the car, inhaled the fresh air, it surely takes me back. I have a look around that place and everything still seem the same. The ahjumma that had been in charge of taking care of this place seemed to do a pretty good job, even harabeoji’s farm was well maintained by her, and she did this all by herself, I’m impressed. Just as I was wandering all by myself in the vegetable’s farm, something suddenly caught my attention. I saw something silvering, sparkling from where I was standing. Curiosity got the best of me, so I picked that silver thing and studied it for a while. Only then I figured that it had to be an earring. It has shape of a small wing, probably like an angel’s wing, but what is it do lying around here? Who does this belong to? Somehow this earring seems familiar but I just couldn’t remember who it belongs too. I was about to put that earring into my pocket and headed inside the house when I heard…

“Oo, so you found it.” I swear that I was looking into an angel right now; there he is again, appearing right in front of me. He gives me his precious smile which I had been missing so much. It’s him, Junsu hyung.

“We meet again, Chunnie.” I was completely surprised to see him, seeing he greeted me like nothing had ever changed for the past 13 years of separation.

“Jun-Junsu….hy-hyung..” Words are shuttering inside of me, how I missed to see that face very much. He could only chuckled, is it something on my face that make me looked funny?

“Hyung? You sure you should call me that now Chunnie? It seemed to me that you looked a lot older than I am now.” Right, the last time he saw me I was only 15, of course I had grown up, I was amazed on how he looked liked, he didn’t seemed to be affected by the course of changing time, then again he’s not a human to begin with.

“Yes, I guess I’ve grown old, but hey, you still looked great hyung. How’ve you been?”

“You still want to call me hyung? Called me by my name now, it felt so weird seeing someone older than me, calling me hyung. Alright Chunnie, now hand it back.” He held out his hand, while giving me an adorable pout on his lips, has he ever been this cute? How come I never realized of this before. Although I could have guess what did he wanted, I do want to a bit. It’s been such of long time since we last saw each other, and I absolutely not going to waste my two weeks of holiday without having him around me. No sir, I’m going to make him accompany me for the rest of my days here.

“And what would that be Junsu, could it be this earring?” I wave the earring in front of him, making him pout a little more. Cute.

“Yes. Now hand it back.”

“I won’t give it back to you, unless you promise me something first.”

He crosses his arms, waiting to listen to my terms and conditions.

“Accompany me for the rest of my days here, only then will I consider to give this back to you.”

“Okay, fine. Have it your way, so what should I do to accompany you?”

I smirk, yes. He agrees.

“Meet me at the usual place we met tomorrow. I’ll be waiting you there Junsu.”

“Well, it’s not like I had other places to go to anyway. See you then.” Only then he disappears. I proceed doing the thing that I was going to do before I ran into him; getting into the house to settle my stuff as I’ll be using this place for the rest of the weeks. I went to sleep early that night, hoping to see him soon tomorrow.  

 

 

Next morning

“~Junsu-yah~….~Su~….Suie~” I was trying to call him using different pet names and it worked like a charm. He appeared right in front of me with an irritated face. Cute, I’ll definitely be going to memorize this expression of his.

“Yah! Quit calling me those stupid pet names, just called me Junsu. Junsu, come on repeat after me, Jun-su. Say it.”

“Aish, come on Junsu-ah, its fun to start calling you names. Besides, you called me Chunnie, so why can I call you by your pet name?”

“That’s because I’ve been calling you Chunnie ever since you’re in diapers, it’s hard to change things the way they are.”   

“I’ll have you know I have been potty train ever since I was 3, meaning when I met you I had completely abandon my diapers.” Now it’s my turn to pout, I didn’t know why but I’m around him, I had always been acting like a child, it was like it’s a whole different me with him, I’m free to do what I want, and no one was going to judge with how I acted. He let out his beautiful laugh, the one that I had been missing so much, and then he flew a little above me, patting my head.

“There, there, did little Chunnie felt offended? I’ll tell you what, I’ll let you decide what we should do today, in the mean time, I’ll let you choose my pet name that you’re going to call me, only to my approval first. Does that sound alright to you?”

I nodded, enjoying my time with him. Yup, he’s definitely my first crush and I still feel like I still got feelings for him. We spent the rest of the day fishing at the pond where we first met, well he did most of the fishing, I didn’t concentrated that much on the rod as I was busy coming up with the right name to called him, but so far all had been rejected. At the end of the day, it was him who had given me his fishes that he caught as he wasn’t going to eat them anyway while I failed miserably to make out the perfect nickname for him.

 

 

The days afterward seem like a dream to me, we had so much fun, just like when I was a kid. I finally settle down with calling him Su, well he was apposing that one at first too but soon enough he agreed to it, probably he was tired of me trying to come up with weird names. As many of days had passed, my feeling for him grew stronger and stronger, it was like he was made for me, the way he understands me, the way we behave towards each other, they were mutual, like one of those fairy tales when the prince had finally found his princess. How I wish if I could just stay by his side. There was one of those days where we went hiking in the forest, climbing up some of the hills where we were greeted by the forest spirit. I could swear I felt the chill run through my spine; it was definitely one of those experiences that I never wish to have in all of my life.

He was guiding me the way while we were hiking, just like the way he used too when all of the sudden his expression changed, instead of those happy smile he used to show me, there were fear displayed in his eyes. Then a voice came, coming out in the middle of nowhere, calling his name.

 

Kim Junsu  

“Yes, old great one.” He bowed, somehow he seemed terrified.

You know better than to mix with the human. They would only taint your pureness.

“My apology to you. But I assured you, he meant no harm.”

Be sure to stay on the safe side, Kim Junsu. We never want to loss you.

“Yes, of course.”

 

Only then, the creepy feeling was gone. He looked up to me and showed me his weak smile.

“Sorry you have to go through that. Come, I’ll take you home.”

I could only nodded, although it was still so early and I still wanted to do something with him, I pushed those thoughts away, as I didn’t want to trouble him a lot more than I already have.  After sending me off at harabeoji’s house, he disappeared, again. I ended up spending the rest of the day mending the farm, just so I could keep my mind off on the mysterious encounter that day.

 

 

That night as I was just about to go to sleep, I heard someone was calling out my name, and the voice seem really familiar, of course, it was Su’s voice.

“Hey Chunnie, did I disturbed you?” His face seemed a little gloomy, how I wish to hug him and telling him that everything was going to be alright, but I didn’t, I know better than to don’t do that to him. He wouldn’t like it if I did.

“No, come in. You never visit me during the night, it’s something wrong?”

“I…I think it’s best for me to explain what exactly happen today rather than leave it hanging. Don’t you think?”

 I nodded, yes. I’ve been dying to know. He gave me his beautiful smile but there were sadness in his eyes.

“The forest wasn’t used to be like that. 100 years ago, the forest used to be very lovable and kind especially to the humans, the world existed together so that man and the environment to co-exist right, but that wasn’t what happen. Human started to deforestation for their development and eventually caused the forest to despise human. He didn’t hate human just doesn’t want to get close to any of the humans. So Chunnie, let’s stop meeting each other. The forest spirit had entrusted us guardians to protect him no matter what, and I don’t see any way to disobey him. The ear ring, you can keep it, I wasn’t able to fulfill my promise. This is goodbye Chunnie, I had fun being your friend, its’ the warm feeling that I haven’t been able to feel for a while, thank you very much Chunnie, farewell.”

Then as he was about to disappear, I held onto his hand, refusing to say farewell.

“What if I don’t want this to end? I’ll stay away from the forest but please, please don’t leave me.”

I was holding onto his hand, it was the first time I ever touched him, he always kept his distant whenever he was around me. His wrist somehow felt really cold, as cold as an ice. He seemed startled when he felt my hand on his wrist.

 “I…I love you ever since I first saw you, I had already fallen for you, please, I don’t want to end things like.”

Then I felt like everything around me stopped. His eyes were staring straight into my eyes, then I noticed there were tears formed in his eyes. Is he crying? Why did I do wrong?