Her Guardian

Guardian

 

Parents are our guardian angels, for most of us. However, there are people like her who does not have anyone to lean on, to depend on till he came along, he helped her up when she fell, he cheered her up when she was down but the most important thing was that he cared for her no matter how ill treated she was, no matter how much she pushed him away. He was her guardian angel, now she is his guardian angel.

        "Mum, Dad, why do you have to leave me? Why? Why do you have to leave me alone here? Why didn't you bring me along with you? Out of this world. Out of this place, this place where no one would accept me. At least there is hope for me to be accepted there. I will never be accepted here!" She cried, tears flowing endlessly down her cheeks. "Shush..." he mumbled, pulling her into his arms, allowing her to wet his shirt, leading her out of the cemetery.    

           She was never alone since then. She met the perfect guy who willingly took care of her. She had never felt so protected by anyone before. She was an ill treated brat because she was the only child. He on the other hand was a perfect guy, well mannered. They were different in many ways. The only thing that they were similar was that they both do not have their parents with them. He grew up alone, under the care of his grandmother. When he met her, he knew he had to take care of her and so he did. He took care of her everything. Although he was only 3 years older than her, he work like a manic to pay for her schooling fees, her food, her apartment and even give her pocket money. He was like her brother in every single way. When she was caught for bullying, fighting, anything that involves violence, he never reprimanded her. He knew how it felt to be laughed at for being useless, unwanted he knew it all because he went through it before. Instead of scolding, he helped her because she was not allowed to use violence he used it. He used it to protect her pride. However, things always end badly for good people.

             Now, he is very ill he has a tumor in his brain. "Hey... why are you crying?" He asked, wiping her tears of her cheeks, smilingly softly.  She shook her head smiling, "Nothing." However, any word could describe what she was feeling only nothing could not. She is happy that he was still beside her, she is sad that he was going to leave her soon. She is disappointed that she is not given the time to repay him. She is angry that she could not relieve the pain that he is feeling.  "Time to sleep Seobie, don't be bothered by me, I will be fine." She smiled. After watching him fall asleep,  she sped off to her working place. She is working at a 24 hour open cafe in the night and as a supermarket cashier to earn some money to pay for his medical fee. It was tiring, everyday waking up after only three hours of sleep to rush to the super market which opens at 7 in the morning and rush to the hospital at 5 in the evening and rush to the cafe by 8 then when her job end 2 at night, then can she go  home to sleep then the cycle starts again.  He was always there to take care of her, now, its her chance to protect him. "Please survive this." She prayed.