Chapter 13

The Successful Woman's Guide in Finding yourself

The sun blinded me as I opened my eyes the next morning. I felt the soft sheets rub against my body as I turned myself from the window, wanting to escape the sun's rays. The bed was much roomier. Seunghyun wasn't there. The room itself seemed pretty quiet. I rolled back over and reached to grab Seunghyun's shirt laying on the side of the bed. I got up and pulled the it over my head, the shirt stopping mid-thigh. 

I noticed a slight pain around my pelvis when I took a step. I guess I could understand why he wanted to be "gentle". My hair was a mess, but I managed to pull most of it to the back of my head. 

As I got closer to the door, I could smell the food that awaited behind that door. I didn't know that Seunghyun oppa could cook. 

I opened the door quietly and snuck my way to the small kitchen where I would surprise Seunghyun. 

As I got closer and closer, I heard shuffling in the kitchen. I tip-toed quietly until I saw a tall figure bent over in the fridge. 

His black jeans fit him perfectly, making his backside appear flawless. His gray shirt accentuated his toned back and arm muscles. Seeing him reminded me of last night and sent chills down my spine. 

I crept closer and closer to him when I finally grabbed ahold to his waist and pushed my body against  his. "Annyeong hasibnikka oppa." I said, seductively. 

​He jumped an turned around in one quick, swift motion. 

"Is that your idea of being 'y', Toni?" Taeyeon laughed hysterically. 

​I could feel my face burning, mortified at what had just happen. 

"What in the hell, Tae?!?" There was a mixture of emotion in my voice. Happiness that I finally got to see my friend. Anger because he didn't seem to care that he had avoided me for so long.

​I punched him in the chest before hugging him. 

"Yeah, yeah. I know. You're glad to see me." He said rubbing my back. "But you look and smell like , so I'd appreciate if you took a shower." 

​I couldn't help but to laugh. It honestly felt good to see Tae again, despite the fact that I midly hated him for ignoring me. 

"Hyung told me you were here and that's when I saw your message. I picked you up some clothes from halmeoni. They're on the couch." He pointed. "We can catch up and eat breakfast when you get out of the shower. Seunghyun should be back by then." 

​I didn't hesitate, argue, reject any of his requests, or bother asking if Junho was still home. I simply nodded, grabbed my things, and made my way to the shower. 

I put on the drab grey t-shirt and baggy sweatpants. Out of all of the things in my closet, he managed to choose the last things I'd choose to wear myself. 

I made my way to the main room where I saw Seunghyun waiting with Jiyong, Taecyeon, and Taeyang. How they managed to fit in such a small room, I don't know. 

Seunghyun immediately jumped up and lightly kissed me on the forhead. 

"I'd like to keep my appetite, Seunghyun." Taeyang chimed. 

"Taecyeon made everyone breakfast." He said smiling. "You look hungry! Let's eat." 

We all crammed into a spot in the main room and began to gorge down food. It was a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. One that I had long forgotten about. Taecyeon and I told our childhood stories to the others and reminised on our past experiences together. Jiyong and Seunghyun had attempted to dance afterwards, making us all laugh. 

"I don't think I can take such horrid dancing!" I said, laughing histerically. "You make Tae look like he has all the rythm in the world!" 

It was one of the best mornings I had in awhile. All of my friends were together, enjoying themselves. That's when I realized Amanda was still nowhere to be found. I'd have to handle her since Taecyeon hadn't had any affect. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Part of me was nervous while the other was scared as I walked back to halmeoni's with Tae. Not knowing whether or not Junho would be there waitning terrified me. Never in my life had I been so scared of facing Junho. He'd shown me sides I've never seen before within a matter of weeks. But I mean, it's not like I could avoid him forever.

Taecyeon kept making light conversation despite the fact that I was in my own world, responding to most of his comments with "uhms" and "yeahs". 

Each step brought us closer and closer to where I could eventually see halmeoni's house in the not-so-far distance. Soon after, I was standing in front of the house, hands wrapped tightly around my torso. I could only think of getting this over with. 

I opened the door and walked in with Taecyeon following me. He still didn't know the whole story with what happened with Junho. As far as Tae saw it, Junho was just jealous and mildly bitter. 

The house was quiet, bright, and clean as usual, but it didn't smell of any food as it normally does. That meant halmeoni was out for the day. There was no sign of anyone. 

Relieved, I removed my shoes and went upstairs to grab some things for the few nights I'd stay at Seunghyun's. Still unsure if Junho was upstairs or not, I crept up quietly and hesitantly peered into my bedroom. The bed was neatly made and the windows closed. There was no sign of Junho's things. Did he give up and leave? Give up? No chance. 

"Toni, I'll be right back. I'm going down the block to grab a snack!" Taecyeon yelled from downstairs. 

"Didn't you eat breakfast already?" I asked partially annoyed. 

"Yeah... But walking here drained my energy." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. "Don't worry. It should take me 10 minutes at most!" 

"Fine, but hurry up!" I said flatly. 

Now alone, I dug through my closet and tore through clothes I thought I might need. I threw them in a large bag and rushed into the bathroom. I grabbed a few toiletrees and reached for my toothbrush. After packing, I went downstairs and to the kitchen, trying to find the notepad halmeoni kept on the fridge. 

In the middle of telling halmeoni I was going to stay somewhere for a few nights, I heard the door open.Taecyeon came back faster than I expected. I would've thought that he bought out the store's entire food stock.

I set down the pen and made my way into the living room. 

I immediately stopped midstep. There he was, Junho, closing the door and removing his large black boots. He was sweaty and looked worn. 

When he looked up, we made immediate eye contact. He didn't say anything. He only walked past me and into the kitchen and towards the fridge. 

Him not talking scared me almost as much as him yelling. He fixed himself a glass of water and took a few sips. 

"I knew you'd show up, I just didn't know when." He said, almost chuckling. He still didn't look at me. 

"You know, you've always been gutsy, Eunnie. I've always liked that about you." 

All I could do was watch his every move. Even though I felt incredibly tense, he felt insanely calm. 

"So, you went to his house, I'm guessing." He said, facing me. 

"That's none of your business!" I immediately shot back. 

He smirked. "Like I said, you've always been a bad liar." 

I pursed my lips. 

"It's alright, Eunnie. If you like him, then I'm alright with that. It's not like I can do anything about it." He suddenly said. 

Wait, was that Junho talking? The same Junho that basically forced himself onto me. 

"Just know, I haven't loved anyone since you left. No matter how hard I tried to forget you, you always seemed to make your way back into my mind. When I'd attempt to take a girl out, I'd unconsioscly tell them the things we used to do and compare them to you in every way possible. I tried hard to find another you, but nothing was working. From then on, I knew I wouldn't be able to bring myself to ever let go of you, even if you already did. I know what I did to you before was immature and completely irrationtional, but that was my anger that had building up over the past years since I let you leave. When I saw how worried you were about him, I began to realize that you weren't the same Eun. I was stuck in our past, and quite frankily, I don't think i could ever leave it. So, with that being said, you can feel free to approach anyone you'd like, but I'll always be there, trying to win you back. It may not be today, tomorrow, or next year, but when the time comes, I'm going to make you smile so you never get bored." 

 

 

OKAY OKAY! I know I went on this mega hiatus, partially because of schoolwork (and mainly because I was lazy), BUT I finally was able to post up a new chapter. ^-^ Has anyone changed sides on the Seunghyun/Junho train? I might have, kekekeke. Well, feedback is always encouraged and I hope you guys have a fantabulous Christmas and New Year! ^o^