The Beginning of a Beautiful Thing

Look Out Kim Jonghyun, You've Got a Rival!

Taemin sighed as he walked up the steps to his new home. He was 18 and in Seoul after living in a smaller part of Busan his whole life. His father had kicked him out for wanting to dance instead of becoming a lawyer, or a doctor.

          "But Appa, why can't I be a dancer? I've already been accepted as a trainee in SM Entertainment!" Taemin had pleaded.

          "Because no son of mine is going to prance around like a sissy on some stage! I want a NORMAL son with a NORMAL career!" his father                            retaliated, clearly disapproving of his son's aspirations.

          "Please, Appa. Please just-"

          "NO! I said no, and I meant it! This conversation is over!" Taemin's father howled, turning to walk away. \

          "But why can't I do what I wanna do? It's MY life, isn't it??" Taemin huffed.

          His father whipped around. "You're right. It IS your life. But this is MY house and you are MY son. If you want to go screw your life away, then get out of MY house, and never come back. You're a disappointment to this family." He briskly walked away.

           And that was that. Taemin took his father's advice, and moved to Seoul with his uncle Kim Jonghyun, to follow his dreams of becoming a dancer. Taemin stopped and looked up at the baby blue apartment building in front of him. His mother's baby brother Jonghyun lived on the 5th floor. He was 22, not much older than Taemin himself, and worked as a dj at a local club. Since it was 9 in the morning, he was probably asleep. 'This is it Taemin. This is you're new start.' Taemin slowly began to trudge up the steps, silently preparing himself for his new life.

         "Jonghyun hyung?" Taemin said timidly, unlocking the door with the key Jonghyun had sent him. "Are you awake?"

        "Ne, I'm in the kitchen." Jonghyun replied. Taemin made his way from the front room to the kitchen, trying his best not to trip over the clothes and trash scattered all over the floor. He peeked his head into the kitchen to see Jonghyun and someone else drinking coffee at the suprisingly clean table. "Well you're here early. I haven't even cleaned up yet. Excuse the mess," he nodded towards the front room.

       Taemin replied, "It's okay, I understand. I took an earlier train." Jonghyun patted the seat next to him, and Taemin quietly took a seat and introduced himself to the man sitting across the table.

      "Annyeong, Taemin-ah. I'm Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew. I'm one of your uncle's friends. Pleasure to meet you." the man smiled and introduced himself as well. "You're going to be staying here, yes?"

      Taemin nodded. "Just until I can afford to get an apartment of my own." he said.

     "I see. Do you have a job?" Onew asked. Taemin shook his head.

     "I just moved to Seoul."

     "Do you want one? I could get you a job at one of my places."

     "Huh?"

     "Onew hyung owns and manages a bunch of places around Seoul. Nightclubs, fashion boutiques, cafes." Jonghyun said, staring intently at his yellow coffee cup. "He's the one that gave me a job."

     Onew nodded. "I give tons of people jobs."

     Taemin grinned. "I would love that. I will work hard!" he bowed. "Thank you so much!"

     Onew just smiled and nodded. "I'm sure you will, you look like a determined kid." He took a sip of coffee.

    "So, where is my room?" Taemin asked excitedly. He'd been in Seoul for an hour at first and had already made his first new friend and gotten a job. It was going to be good here, Taemin knew it. He had a wonderful feeling about the first chapter in his new life.

    There was a knock at the front door, but it wasn't just a knock. It made a pattern.*knock, knockknock, knock, knock*

    "Oh !" Jonghyun shot up from his seat. "I totally forgot! She's coming back from France today!!" Jonghyun frantically started cleaning the mess in the front room. Taemin looked at Onew questioningly.

    Onew chuckled. "His girlfriend. She was away on buisness in France for a week. Just got back this morning."

   "Why didn't she call??" Jonghyun hissed from the front room.

   "She probably thought you were asleep. She knows how you don't even wake up 'till like noon." Onew sipped his coffee. "I wouldn't believe you were up this early if I weren't here myself. Doesn't she have a k-"

  The door opened. "Jonghyun oppa! You're up awful early. I figured you were asleep." Came a sweet little voice from the front room.

 

 

[A/n: Hi everyone! This is the first chapter! If you're reading this then you could stomach the bad writing enough to finish it! Thank you for reading! (PS: I don't really appreciate silent readers. =.= I like to know what I've done wrong and what I've done right, so if it isn't too much trouble, please comment and tell me what you thought.)]