Lounge Bar

ѕρє¢ιαℓ ησтє | нσση | υ-кιѕѕ

 

The sound of the guitar filled the warm spring breeze. The place was full of people wanting to have some quality time, at the end of the week, after almost seven days working non-stop. Life was pretty hard to everyone, so why not relaxing when’s there such a beautiful night?

Even if people came here to relax and feel the music, just to escape from their busy schedules, this was your night to work. Many people would say to you ‘oh no, you work at a Friday night?’ or ‘how can you do that?’, but you didn’t mind. Actually, you loved your part-time job. A college student needs to survive somehow!

Your job consists in serving the clients and clean the bar, when it’s about to close, but, today, you were playing with your guitar, in front of an audience. It seems like the young man who, normally, plays at Friday nights, it’s sick and they needed someone who could play the guitar. A friend of yours, who worked with you, told your boss right away, that you were and are a ‘guitar genius’. And, now, here you are: playing.

Even if you were called ‘guitar genius’, your voice was terrible. So, you just played and nothing more, except asking people what would they want to her playing now.

“I’m going to play Extreme’s More Than Words. It was a request by that boy over there” You pointed to a guy who was wearing a black t-shirt, holding his glass in the air “And he wanted to dedicate this song to his girlfriend.”

The air was filled with giggles, cheers and aww’s. It was a sweet gesture, no doubt. You started to play the chords and you could only look at the couple in bliss of happiness. Soon, you finished the song and everyone cheered.

“I’m going to have a little break, but” You looked at the crowd “if you’ve any song you want to request, you can write it down here, on this notebook, and I’ll play it.” You smiled at them and laid the guitar, next to your chair.

Little did you know that across the way, there was a pair of shiny brown-chocolate eyes staring at you. Hoon, Soohyun and AJ were hanging out after a long day of practice and it happens to be there, where you work. Hoon haven’t stopped a single second from looking at you, with a little smile playing on his lips.

“Why don’t you go and talk to her, Hoon?” AJ, the cat look alike guy, poked him with a playful smile. “It’s obvious, since you got here, that she caught your attention.”

“I don’t know hyung.” Hoon stop looking at you, as you walked away from your guitar to the bar, and started to play with his glass, still full. “I’m not good at talking to girls.”

“There’s nothing you need to know, Hoon. Just be yourself and you’ll be alright.” Soohyun had a sip of his drink and smiled. “I’ve a better idea.”

The oldest one smiled in a tricky way and got up, walking to where you have been playing all this time, took the notebook and wrote down something. As he returned to his seat, he continued to drink as nothing has happened.

“What were you doing, hyung?” Hoon asked him, while AJ was busier looking at a lost girl’s magazine with Lady Gaga.

“You’ll see and you’ll thank me for this.”

After your break and some snacks, you had returned to the little improvised stage and took the notebook, looking at the requests. There was one request that caught your attention. It was a ballad that you loved, but the singer wasn’t promoting anymore, at least, solo.

You took your guitar and sat on the chair, adjusting the micro. 

“Alright, I’m back to action.” You smiled and looked at the people in front of you, chatting with their friends “Now, we’ve a special request made by” You look to the notebook, only to blush a little “Yeo Hoonmin.”

Wait. The Yeo Hoonmin from U-Kiss? The Yeo Hoonmin that was a ballad singer? That Yeo Hoonmin?

On the other side, there was a shocked Hoon looking at a relaxed Soohyun and a oh-that-is-cool AJ.

“Hyung, you put my name on the list? And you requested my song?” His jaw was slightly open. “You’re crazy.”

“I only did this because the way you looked at her. It was kind of cute.” Soohyun giggled.

“Why don’t you go and sing with her? It would be a great duet.” Multi-player AJ smiled from ear to ear.

Hoon looked at his hyungs and, finally, sighed, getting up and walking towards you. As he approached you, his hands were sweaty and his voice started to crack. 

“H-Hi.” He smiled a goofy smile, playing with his hands. “I-I was wondering if I c-could sing with you..?”

“Oh, of course, that would b-“Youfinally laid yours eyes on him. “Wow, this is awesome.” You whisper as you brush your fingers against his cheek.

He blushed as he felt your finger tips. You quickly remove them from his face and apologize, bowing.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to do that.”

Hoon smiled, shyly, and sat on the chair next to yours, taking the mic.

“Do you mind?” He pointed to the mic and you knew what he meant, so you nodded.

As soon as you started to play, the crowd’s attention was all on you two. The chords were calm and soft, exactly as the song. That was when he started to sing his debut song, from Twinkle era, Bus.

“Heeojijan mal haneun neoreul manna, himdeuldago uneun neol dallaejugo” His voice calm and low, trying to connect the people’s heart to his.

The two of you keep playing like there was nothing more than you. The two hyungs stared at them, with a smile playing on their lips.

“It’s so easy to see through Hoon.” Soohyun chuckled as he and AJ shared a bro fist.

“You bet hyung.” AJ laughed, watching Hoon looking at you for the corner of the eye.