Four Exceptions to the Rule

Four Exceptions to the Rule

He was not the same anymore. He was no longer the best friend he had cherished all through his turbulent childhood. All he was now is just a memory to reminisce about on those random days where one looks back on the ‘good old days’; so tangible yet so frustratingly distant from reality. People change in ways the Lee Joon doesn’t like – no matter who it is, everyone around his is always morphing and contorting into twisted people he can’t even bare to look at. They disgust him too much. When he looks at these ‘friends’ with their disfigured personalities he can’t believe that these were people whom with he once shared secrets and his childhood with. Every time he does the all too familiar overwhelming sense of loneliness builds up until he no longer feels like functioning on a day to day basis. It’s always like this – friends, family and even enemies all change. He hates it. He loathes it so very much.
 
Joon hung his head low as the solitude nestled in his thoughts attacked him. They never ceased in their adamant quest to make him fall to the negativity that was surrounding him. He almost did; but then something sparked within his heart. It was small at first but its soft glow quickly grew until in enveloped all the suffocating shadows within him. That spark was hope; a hope in them. In the four people who constantly proved to be exceptions to his tried and tested rule. Those four people were the ones waiting for him at him at home in their dorm: Sanghyun, Byunghee, Chulyong and Seungho. He’d known them for many years as they fought their way through the trainee battlefield and made it to the harder level of being an idol. Here they fought to survive.  Not once in those many years had they shown any indication of change. They were still as imperfect as when he first met them and he loves that imperfection. He wants to smother it.
 
A smile spread across his previously downturned lips as he reached down into his pocket to bring out his phone. His fingers quickly flew across the keys in a desperate attempt to convey feelings so important to him. He needed, and wanted, his confirmation.
 
From : Changsun
To : Byunghee, Sanghyun, Seungho, Chulyong
I know it seems so stupid but I just wanted to text you I love you sooo much and you’re amazing and don’t ever change love from Changsun :) xxx

 
His phone soon rang out with Mona Lisa’s chorus as four new texts rapidly arrived in his inbox.
 
From : Chulyong
To : Changsun
Pabo hyung of course you love me I’m MIIIIIIIIIIR! Everyone loves me kekekekekeke!! …love you too J x

 
From : Byunghee
To : Changsun
Are you going homo on your hyung? I don’t do homo Changgie! And change – what do you mean by change? Why would I the amazing G.O. have to change my y ways :P!
 
From : Sanghyun
To : Changsun
Love you too hyung – it’s not like you to be all sentimental xxx
 
From : Seungho
To : Changsun
That was random! And I love you toooo in all your Changsuniness! :) x

 
His smile grew as he read each text. He put down his phone and looked up the sky, letting all the negative emotion drain effortlessly from his body. Even if MBLAQ disbanded he knew that the five of them would still be together but without the group name and aliases. Even when he was old wrinkly and doddering around the nursing home the other four would be there, just as senile, at his side. It’s just a fact of life.