Final

Hello My Ex

 

“Alright, Kai.” Abbie sighed on the phone and hung up. Her boyfriend, Kai, ditched their date again. Every time they would plan a date, he’d ditch it saying the same old reason ‘I’m sorry. I’m busy at work.’ Then, he’ll say, ‘Promise. I’ll make it up to you this Friday.’ He always said that but, none of those were fulfilled. He’d always ditch and say the same exact words, or a paraphrased one.

They’ve been a couple for three months yet she never felt like she was his girlfriend. The only time she felt it was when they were just starting out as a couple. He was this stereotypical sweet guy that swept her off her feet.

But as soon as they celebrated their second month, he started ditching off their dates saying ‘I’m sorry. I’m busy with work. Promise, I’ll make it up to you on Friday.’ If not Friday, then another random day. Yet, he never came. Of course, it wasn’t okay with her because she’s a busy person as well. She’s off to graduate from college yet she allots time to be with him.

“I can’t understand. Can’t he just break up with me or what? It’s better that way. Since I don’t feel him at all.” She sighed heavily and sat down the bench, “It’s better that way. At least I won’t be waiting for nothing.”

Just then when she was about to breakdown and cry, a familiar voce came from behind, “Abbie?”

She turned around and saw the last person she wanted to see. And the last person she expected to see. Her ex-boyfriend, Lee Sungyeol.

“Omo, Abbie it’s really you!” He gave her his signature smile and sat beside her, “What are you doing here… alone?”

Well, Abbie and Sungyeol was another story. They used to be the perfect couple in their high school days. Abbie was the timid, childish kawaii girl and Sungyeol was.. let’s say a school disgrace. But, when they graduated from high school, they drifted away. Abbie was too focused on her studies that she had to break up with him telling him he’d be a barrier to her success.

And boy, that did hurt Sungyeol. Because he thought she loves him more than he loves her. But turns out, it was the other way around. And those words struck him hard, pinned him and stepped on him. Yet, he had no other choice but to agree, he loves her so much he’d let her be happy. And, he still loves her.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged, “Am I supposed to be with someone?”

“I heard you had a boyfriend, just recently. So… yes, you’re supposed to be with someone.” Sungyeol grinned, causing you to get confused. He’s supposed to be mad at you, for breaking up with him and telling him those harsh words.

“And you, you’re supposed to be mad at me.” Abbie smirked, leaning her back on the backrest.

“That’s the past. And you know I don’t hold grudges.” Sungyeol chuckled and looked up at the sky, “So… he ditched your date, right?”

She nodded. She was supposed to tell him no, but her body didn’t cooperate with her brain.

“What a wimp.” He remarked, a small smirk forming in his lips.

“Are you calling me a wimp?” She widened her eyes and slapped his arm, “Yah! Lee Sungyeol!”

“Owww…” Sungyeol rubbed his arm, “I don’t know, I wasn’t talking about someone in particular. But, you do look like a wimp.”

She started laughing hysterically.

“Yah! What got into you? A possessed sprit?” Sungyeol held her shoulders and shook her, “Go away! Leave her body! Have mercy on the wimpy girl.”

“Yah!” Abbie pried his hands off her shoulders, “Sometimes God has a way of making you feel what you let others feel. I’m sorry Sungyeol. I shouldn’t have hurt you that way.”

“Then, what other way? A more painful way to hurt me?” He scoffed, “Geez, I’m not thinking about it anymore. And by the way, it’s karma for short. Dramatic doesn’t suit you, Abbie.”

“Still, I’m sorry.” She bit her lip, “Aish you shouldn’t have called my name. You’re making me feel guilty.”

“Don’t be.” He looked away from her, “Because I’m not hurt anymore… I’ve moved on.  I already have a girlfriend.”

“Ohh…” She nodded, but somehow she felt a bit disappointed that he said he had a girlfriend. ‘No, Abbie. You’re not supposed to feel that. You have Kai now, and he has a girlfriend.’

“Let’s go! I’m hungry.” Sungyeol held her hand and dragged her. An electric feel passed through their bodies as their hands had the contact.

She smirked. He never changed. He was still the spontaneous Sungyeol who always holds her hand and drags her everywhere.

“So, what’s your boyfriend’s name?” Sungyeol asked as they entered a Korean BBQ house. He spotted a table near the window and hurriedly dragged you there. He let go of your hand and sat down, not even pulling the chair for you to sit down.

“OH Sungyeol, you never change. You still don’t pull the chair for me.” She shook her head with a smile and sat in front of him, “He’s Kai.”

“Then, ask Kai to do it for you. He’s your ‘boyfriend,’ after all.” He rolled his eyes, making quotations on the air when he said the word boyfriend. “Kai? Is he Japanese or… a rock?”

“He’s human, okay? And he’s your total opposite.” She stuck her tongue out as the waiter came to take their order. After Sungyeol told the waiter their order, she grinned evilly. “He pulls the chair for me to sit. And he’s sweet.”

“At least I don’t ditch any of our dates. I’m always present.” Sungyeol muttered.

“What did you say?” She pinched her eyebrows.

“I said, I don’t want to be sweet because ants will eat me.” He joked, “That’s quite hard, you know. I have to take care of my adorable face.”

“Ha-ha Sungyeol. Very funny.”

“You’ve grown a little too mature.” He shook his head, imitating a critic turning down something he judged. “I don’t like it. I like the childish and kawaii Abbie who cries over spilt milk.”

“I’m really going to kill you, Lee Sungyeol.” She gritted her teeth, “Just you wait and see.”

She never expected for their encounter to be like this. Usually when ex’s meet, they’d be awkward around each other. But, he was Sungyeol. He was never awkward, and no one will ever have a dull time with him.

When their order arrived, she hungrily ate the barbeque like a buffalo. While, Sungyeol looked at her with a mixture of disgust and amusement.

“You still eat like a paper shredder.” He made a comment, “Shred, shred, shred.”

“You’re just jealous.” She mustered to say with full of barbeque.

“Don’t talk when your mouth is full!” Sungyeol warned and chucked a piece of barbeque inside . “Just eat, arasso?”

“No. Abbie, let’s go home.” She heard Kai’s voce behind her. She turned around and gawked at him, looking like a fool because was filled with barbeque. She quickly chewed it and swallowed, and drank the whole glass of soda.

“Kai, what are you doing here?” She asked, wiping her lips. Sungyeol looked at him, shook his head and continued eating.

“What are you doing here?” Kai raised his eyebrow, stressing the word you. He pointed to Sungyeol, “With him?”

“Why? What’s wrong with me, Rock?” Sungyeol asked, looking up. He frowned and went back to hs food.

“So, you’ve been cheating on me, huh?” Kai smirked. “With your ex-boyfriend.”

“Oh you know?” Sungyeol beamed, “I didn’t know you were her current boyfriend. She never mentioned. Well, hello there.”

“Sungyeol.” She looked back at him and hissed. She looked at Kai and held his arm, “Let’s talk outside.”

“No!” Kai ed her hand off his arm. “I can’t believe it. How long have you been doing this? Dating behind my back? You’re so unbelievable, Abbie.”

“We haven’t even reached an hour.” Sungyeol shrugged, causing Kai to glare at him. But of course, he glared back making Kai shift his look at you.

“I can’t believe you, Kai.” She smirked.

“Well, what are you doing here with him? Why are you dating him behind my back?” He yelled, causing the other customers to give them weird stares.

“I’ll keep that in mind. Next time, we’ll date in front of you.” Sungyeol smirked, pissing Kai off.

Kai balled his fists in annoyance. If his mouth ever speaks again, his fist will go directly to his face.

“You’re asking me, what I am doing here with him?” She scoffed, “Well, I’m having a date that you’re supposed to go to. But, you’re not here. You ditched everything. Now, you’re telling me that I‘m cheating on you. Dude, we just met and we were just talking and eating.”

“Yeah. It’s just a friendly date.” Sungyeol chided and closed his mouth, “Oooops.”

“Still, you—“

“Look Kai, I don’t know what’s gotten into you that you’d always tell me the exact same words when you’re going to ditch our date. Next time, make a new excuse… your excuse is too overrated. I could even tell the exact same words right now.” She said, “I’m sorry. I’m busy at work. Promise, I’ll make it up to you.”

“…”

PWNED.’ Sungyeol mentally cheered.

“Kai, let’s just break up.” She firmly stated, “Because I’m just wasting my time for someone who doesn’t waste his time for me.”

‘Lord, can you help her be a little less harsh with her words?’ Sungyeol thought and took your plate to finish it.

“Break up? Break up?” Kai scoffed. He couldn’t believe that a girl is breaking up with him. Usually, he was the one to end relationships, but now it wasn’t. “You can’t do this Abbie. You’re not breaking up with me. I know you can’t live without me. You’re not breaking up with me.”

“I. Just. Did.” She crossed her arms and shoo him off, trying to control her tears from falling. “I’ve lived my entire life without you, so don’t think I can’t live without you.”

“Ugh! You’re going to regret this. I’ll make you regret, Abbie.” Kai grunted and left, “You’ll see.”

“Make it fast. I don’t like waiting.” She feigned a chuckle and wiped a tear that escaped from her eye.

“That was DAEBAK!” Sungyeol clapped his hands. He noticed her sad expression, so he decided to lighten the mood up a bit. “Welcome back, Abbie.”

“Weirdo.” She sniffed and crossed her arms, “So, who’s your girlfriend?”

“You.”

The End.



 

a/n: So it's done! YAY! YAH ABBIE, HERE'S YER LOVELY ONESHOT! :D Anyways, I'm sorry if you find it lame or whatsoever negative chaka chaka! And for some of the wrong grammar, oh have merthii and forgive me! :D Thank you ^^