Kid.

In the Closet

 

Seungri sighed as he pulled up the cherry red hoody over his head. He kicked off the winter boots he’d been wearing for the shoot and headed to his dressing room. He swung open the door. His eyes widened. TOP was sitting at the dressing table surrounded by noonas preparing him for what  must have been a photo shoot.    

“Hyung!” Seungri squealed in surprise.  “I thought you finished your shoot for The North Face yesterday?!” TOP turned his head slightly and peered at Seungri through the mirror.

 “I did.”

“Then… what are you doing here? Come to see me?” Seungri winked playfully as he scooched closer to his hyung in one of the rolling chairs.

“Hugo Boss ad,” TOP smirked slightly.  

“What?!?! Why?? I wanted to get Hugo Boss. I always get these stupid cutesy ads. Aiiiish….” Seungri rambled on but somewhere along the line TOP had stopped listening. TOP stood up as one of the noonas approached with his tailor-made Hugo Boss suit. He shrugged his shoulders to adjust the jacket and stared into the mirror as he buttoned it. He proceeded to straighten his skinny black tie. The suit was a crisp, jet black and captured TOP’s composed image. “Hyuuuunnggggg” TOP heard Seungri whine from beside him. TOP knew Seungri longed for this sort of an image. Seungri had always tried to imitate this style. Even in his album and music videos he insisted on wearing smart suits and trying to act ‘y’ or cool (although it usually ended in him looking cutesy in the end).

“Bye kid.” TOP strode out the door, leaving a frustrated Seungri sitting in the empty dressing room.


Daesung shook his head and looked down at his phone. He checked the time: 10:04 pm. Ten minutes since Seungri had begun his rant. “And then TOP called me a kid!!! Can you believe that? I’m on the same level as him, aren’t I? We’re band members. Ya! Are you listening to me?” Seungri said between mouthfuls of food. Daesung and Seungri were sitting at the YG cafeteria after finishing a workout that Seungri had convinced Daesung to do with him when he came back fuming from his photo shoot.

“TOP doesn’t mean it that way, ok. Stop referring to your hyung as just TOP. No wonder he calls you kid,” Daesung sighed and glanced at his phone again. He was trying to formulate some sort of excuse that would let him get away from Seungri’s whining but wouldn’t upset him and bring on even more complaining. “Uhh… I have an… appointment. I have to go. See you later.” He stood up from his chair and patted Seungri on the back encouragingly. “Don’t worry about this kind of thing. Ok. I’m going.”

“But hyung--“ Seungri objected, but Daesung was already sprinting towards the glass door out of the cafeteria. Seungri raised his hand up and reached out towards Daesung’s back as it left the room. His eyes turned down and his lips pressed into a pout. He dropped his hand dejectedly and shoveled another spoonful of rice into his mouth. “Aiiish. TOP’s so annoying. Driving me crazy. Kid? I’m not a kid!” Seungri sputtered as rice trickled out of the corners of his mouth onto his face and the table.

“Ya. Kid,” Said a familiar baritone voice evenly from behind Seungri. He stiffened as hot hair hit the soft, sensitive skin of the back of his neck.  He whipped his head around towards the voice. His nose stopped just short of TOP’s. Their eyes locked as TOP leaned down with one hand wrapped around the arm of Seungri’s chair and looked up with his head tilted downwards. Seungri scooted back quickly. TOP raised one eyebrow curiously. “Were you talking about me?” Seungri struggled to balance himself. Still startled, he’d almost fell from his seat and gripped its arm, pulling himself up.

“N-No… I was just talking to myself. Just thinking out loud.” He forced a laugh and tried to stay calm as TOP leaned in even closer. Uncomfortably close. TOP’s eyes flitted over Seungri accusingly. Seungri squirmed and rambled on “So, TOP… “ TOP narrowed his eyes. “TOP hyung,” He corrected himself. “What are you up to tonight? Have you eaten? This chicken’s super good! You should definitely try it! Maybe we could take some home and give it to Daesung. He’s home tonight I think. Well, after his appointment that is. I think- -“He stopped himself short, realizing that TOP still hadn’t said a word. He flashed a nervous fake grin. His palms were sweating and his leg was shaking uncontrollably below him. TOP responded only by leaning even closer. Seungri tried to inch back but his lower back dug into the edge of the table behind him. TOP reached his hand towards Seungri’s face. He gently grasped Seungri’s chin, tilting his head upwards. “Um…” Seungri stuttered, his heartbeat accelerating and face flushing.

“You.”