16

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Again, I have to wait until night then I can have time for my own. I prepare myself to leave the house when my grandmother notices me.

“Where are you going?” She questions, knitting her brows.

“Somewhere…” I prefer not to tell her.

“You keep going out lately.” Her tone sounds different. I know she suspected something from me. From her looks, I know it really well. I’m screw. “Tell me, where are you going?”

Sorry grandma, I really don’t want to lie to you but I have to. “I’m going to the library.” Idiot. Is that the best you can do? “To pick up some books before I get back to college. Yeah that’s it.”

She heaves and says, “Alright, make sure you’re home early.”

I nod and give her a smile but then again she stops me with her questions.

“Oh _____, have you told Mr. and Mrs. Kim that you’re not going to babysit the kids anymore?”

“I called them earlier today. They said that they want to make it till Friday, so they’ll have time to find another babysitter.”

“Friday is tomorrow right?”

“Yup.” I assent.

“How’s Minjung and Hyunri’s reaction? Are they alright about it?”

“Well, I haven’t told them yet.” I scratch my hair. “Maybe tomorrow. Grandma, I need to go now, I bring the keys with me.” I turns the house keys around my finger. “Goodbye grandma.” I walk outside instantly before she stops me again with more questions.

Thinking about how the kids will react makes my head baffle.  I already think of them as my own brother and sister. Too bad their brother doesn’t even care about me anymore. I left him like hundreds of missed call, texts and voice mail asking him to call me back. However, nothing is heard from him. Not a single text.

Dani walks out of her house. This time she wears just a t-shirt and jeans instead of nice dresses. I block her way and causes her to startles.

“What do you want?” She sighs and looks at her wristwatch. “Get lost, I’m late.”

“What is it to me if you’re late? It’s your problem.” I put my hands into my pockets.

She ignores me and walks away but I stop her by pulling her hand, forcing her to remain at her spot. “Yaa! What the hell?” She jerks her hand away.

“What did you do?” I ask her.

She snorts. “Why? You break up with him already?” An annoying smirk is shown on her lips.

“You better fix it.”

“Or what?” She draws herself closer to me.

“Or this will arrive to your mother.” I take out some pictures from my back poc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter