"Annoying"

Annoying

"I'm going to use the bathroom before class starts," announced the teacher. "If Jaehwa arrives, Luhan, mark her tardy," he said to the new student of 2 weeks.

As expected of a high school class, the moment the teacher left, it was utter chaos.

However, the door slowly creaked open, and the loud class all at once silenced, staring at the door knowingly and expectantly. With slow steps, Jaehwa slowly peered into the class and met eyes with everyone. 

They scoffed at her.

They rolled their eyes at her.

They flipped her off.

Swallowing the lump in , she stiffly made her way through the aisle of desks towards hers. For Jaehwa, this kind of treatment was normal in her life.

Not wanting to make any more eye contact, she kept her stare locked onto the ground in front of her.

When she got to her desk, she silently heaved a sigh of relief and sat, only to trigger a bucket of water hanging above her.

The water fell directly on her head and the class erupted in obnoxious laughter. Even while doused, depressed, and unable to take things anymore, Jaehwa was yet to allow a few tears escape from the boundaries of her eyes.

Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, another one of her classmates threw a hardcover Harry Potter book at her from the side, knocking her from her desk and onto the wet, tiled floor.

Luhan, on the other hand, the typically quiet, polite, heartthrob transfer student, stood up in fury. When a girl cooed at him, "oppa, stop," he pushed her back into her seat. When a guy chuckled at his chivalry, he punched his arm warningly and glared at him with menacing eyes.

Luhan stood in front of Jaehwa, who looked up at him with her blank face, which now had a large, red bump on the side of it.. Without a word, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the class.

As doors closed, Jaehwa roughly pulled herself from his grip.

"Don't even try to be a night in shining armor, you stupid Chinese transfer!" she screamed, unsure of what she was feeling. Her eyebrows were knitted, but tears continued to roll down her face. And while those tears were rolling down her face, her heart raced, but not from anger. "Why don't you go join the class? Hm? Go ahead, plan something else for me with them. Throw a cake at me. Hell, why don't you guys kill me already!"

Luhan stared at her as she continued to throw harsh words at him. He could see through the words. He could see through her expression. Sure, she looked angry and sad, but he saw even more pain going on inside of her. She was breaking down on the inside, but her will remained strong and she would absolutely not fall to her knees.

"Jaehwa, you're shaking. You can't handle this. You need to let out your emotions somehow. It's impossible that you're human with that amount of pride," Luhan spoke, demanding, yet comforting.

"Then don't call me human. Whether I'm human or an alien, everyone will still hate me because I'm so annoying, and I'll still remain a loner, so why can't I hold my pride? It wouldn't make the slightest difference if I let the world know how I feel!" Jaehwa seethed, keeping her jaw locked and her teeth gritted.

"Don't you see? They want to see you cry! They want to knock down your walls! They want to make sure they've impacted you, then they'll leave you alone!"

Jaehwa gulped and spoke sternly. "No."

"You're so stubborn! It's annoying!" Luhan said, rubbing his temples in frustration.

Jaehwa's lips quivered at Luhan's last statement, and attempted to remain firm. "I am annoying, aren't I?" she croaked.

Luhan stopped and put his hand down, softening up again. "Jaehwa," he said, meeting her eyes. "You are annoying, but that doesn't mean I can't try to be your friend."

At the word "friend", Jaehwa's legs finally fell weak and she sobbed as if she's never sobbed in her life. Luhan sat on the floor next to her and hugged her.

"Stop it," she sniffled, "I'm too annoying to deserve anyone's comfort."

Luhan smiled. "You are," and tightened his hug.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

Erm... hello xD Well, hoped you liked it!