Observing the Home of Its Owner

Halt, Revenge

 

Two Weeks Later

 

“Minah-yah, you need to get out of the house and go party,” one of Minah’s friends, Yoo Jin suggested. “I’m not even the type to party, so why invite me for?” Minah asked, and giggled as she stared at her computer screen.

“Well you’re always working. Stop creating a barrier around you, and come out,” Yoo Jin replied. “But what will I do if I come out with you and Soo Ae? I won’t drink, won’t dance, or sing,” Minah said, really not wanting to leave her place.

“You’ll be our designated driver then,” Yoo Jin sarcastically replied, and Minah scoffed. “Come on, get out of your apartment and meet a new guy. Stop mourning,” Yoo Jin finally spat, and Minah stared down on her computer desk.

“Jin… It’s not funny,” Minah softly spoke this time, and Yoo Jin apologized at the other end. “Fine, I’ll come out with you and Soo Ae. But then you both cannot get too drunk, okay?” Minah finally decided to go out now.

“Yes ma’am!” Yoo Jin exclaimed.

When the three ladies came upon a bar, Yoo Jin and Soo Ae immediately bought drinks. Minah refused to drink, as she has been alcohol free for months now. Minah decided on herself that, she’d be the designated driver only.

“Jung… Minah?” A familiar voice called to Minah. She searched around, and then spotted a person no other than, Yong Junhyung.

“Hi,” Minah greeted with him a huge smile, as she and Junhyung shook hands. “It’s been awhile,” Junhyung’s husky voice spoke, as he came and sat next Minah on the bar stand.

“Yeah, it has. How are you?” She asked him, carrying on their conversation. “I’ve been living the life. You?” Junhyung answered, and then asked his question. “I’ve been working,” Minah simply answered.

“Working only? You have no lover?” Junhyung asked with his eyebrows raised up. A soft expression came upon Minah’s face, as she sighed a small one. “I’ve been out of a relationship for two months now,” Minah answered.

“Oh, sorry to have bothered you about the lover part. I thought that a beauty like you would have a man by her side already,” Junhyung apologized, and Minah giggled as she shakes her head.

“No need to be sorry, you didn’t know,” Minah replied with a small smile, and Junhyung sipped his beer. “Would you like me to buy you a drink?” Junhyung asked, changing the subject now. “No thank you, I don’t drink,” she answered.

“Don’t drink? Miss, you’re here in a bar. You should drink or dance, right?” Junhyung asked, and Minah chuckled. “Well mister, I’ve been alcohol free for eight months now, and I’m going to keep it that way,” Minah answered.

“How about a dance then?” He asked, looking at the dance floor. “I don’t dance well, so it’s fine,” Minah answered, and Junhyung snickered. “I don’t believe you,” he said, causing Minah to laugh aloud.

“I really don’t dance,” she replied. “Then why are you here?” Junhyung asked, tilting his head to the left. “I came with my friends. I’m their designated driver,” Minah answered, as she pointed at her two friends on the dance floor.

Junhyung nodded his head with an ‘ah’, as he saw Minah’s two friends.

“What if I teach you how to dance?” Junhyung offered, and Minah shook her head. “I’m really a bad dancer. When I come to bars, I just observe,” Minah answered, and Junhyung chortled.

He placed his empty glass bottle of beer onto the bar counter, and grabbed Minah by the wrist. Junhyung dragged her to the dance floor, and held her by the waist.

“Junhyung…” Minah said, feeling uncomfortable. “It’s okay, just move your hips side to side,” Junhyung whispered in Minah’s ear, as he rested his chin on Minah’s left shoulder.

After dancing together, with both their bodies touching each other, Junhyung turned to face Minah. Breathing nervously, Minah saw how close Junhyung was inching to her.

Does she dare kiss this stranger she just met? It wouldn’t hurt, as she needed to move on soon anyways, right?

“Minah!” Soo Ae called to her friend, and Minah snapped out of her mind. “Neh?” Minah turned to face Soo Ae, who held onto her shoulder. “Yoo Jin is out of it,” Soo Ae tried speaking over the loud music.

Minah rolled her eyes, as she followed after Soo Ae, with her hand still holding onto Junhyung’s. Soo Ae showed the knocked out drunken Yoo Jin on the ground to Minah, and Minah brushed her hair back.

“I’m sorry Junhyung, but I have to take care of my friend now,” Minah said, as she turned to face Junhyung. “Nah, it’s okay. Why are you sorry? Here, let me lend you a hand,” Junhyung offered smiling at Minah, as he picked Yoo Jin up bridal style.

“Thanks a bunch, mister. Our car is outside,” Soo Ae thanked Junhyung, as she led him to their car. “Oh my god, which en did this?” Soo Ae shrieked, as Minah came to the scene.

“Yoo Jin, don’t freak out. You have a spare tire, don’t you?” Minah asked calmly, as she had saw broken glass everywhere and a flat tire. “No, I didn’t think that I would need a spare tire for coming to a bar,” Yoo Jin spoke in anger, as Minah sighed heavily.

“I can take you ladies home,” Junhyung offered. Yoo Jin and Minah turned to look at Junhyung, and he smiled at them both. “Junhyung-yah, it’s okay. We’ll take a cab,” Minah replied, but Yoo Jin quickly nudges Minah on the arm.

“That would be great if you’d take us home,” Yoo Jin said, and Junhyung nodded his head smiling. Minah rolled her eyes, as she hates how her friend acts around handsome men.

With Junhyung’s help taking home Yoo Jin and Soo Ae safely, Junhyung decided to drop Minah home as well. Minah took it in great consideration, but had thought about sleeping over at Yoo Jin and Soo Ae’s place.

Seeing that Minah was courted with a handsome man, Soo Ae hurried Minah out of her place. With doing so, Junhyung accompanied Minah home.

“Your friends sure like to drink a lot, do they?” Junhyung asked, striking up a conversation inside his car, as the ride was silent. Minah giggled, and nodded her head silently. “They’re the party girls, as I’m just a party pooper,” she answered.

“I wouldn’t consider you as a party pooper. You probably just never really lived outside more, so you just don’t know how to party,” Junhyung teased, and Minah chortled.

“With you saying that, it reminded me of someone,” Minah faintly spoke after he tiny laugh. “Oh, and who may that be?” Junhyung asked curiously. “My ex-fiancée,” Minah answered, which light up a heavy tension inside the car.

“Wow, interesting,” Junhyung muttered, and Minah smiled a small one. “Yes, life is indeed stimulating, when you figure out the secrets hidden within,” Minah replied, and Junhyung turned over and glanced at her.

He can see it in her eyes that she wanted to cry. She was probably hurt that this ex-fiancée of hers might’ve cheated on her, or left her as a young widow. Although they weren’t actually married yet, but it should still be the same, should it not?

“Should I walk you up to your apartment room again?” Junhyung asked, and Minah glanced at him with a smile. “I think you should head home instead. You’ve done a lot for me today already,” Minah answered, and Junhyung chuckled.

“So why not give me a proper thank you, and invite me in for coffee? Perhaps some tea?” Junhyung asked, as he was not giving up on Minah. She giggled at his questions, and nodded her head as she unbuckled her seatbelt. “Come on in then,” Minah answered.

It wasn’t the first time Junhyung was inside Minah’s apartment, as the first was when a thief attacked Minah. She treated Junhyung’s tiny wound before letting him leave, but that was all.

Junhyung didn’t have the time to stay and observe her home, as of what he’s doing now. Minah stood inside her tiny kitchen, as she boiled hot water in her kettle, and grabbed two tea bags out from inside her cabin.

Junhyung sat in Minah’s cozy tiny living room, as he stared at a blank black screen television for a while. His eyes soon wondered off around Minah’s home, as he noticed how the colors in her apartment were in dark shades of beige and black.

Minah wasn’t a colorful decorated house kind of person, as she preferred plain and simple. The colors of her couches were leather white, as her wall was painted with the color of beige. Minah’s coffee table was a dark brown color, with black swirled legs holding the top.

Junhyung then stood up from his seat, and walked around Minah’s living room to look at her hanged up frames. One by one, a smile will plant on his face, until he came to a picture that wasn’t hung up like the rest.

This picture was rested on Minah’s tall table stand, which sat behind the couch. Junhyung picked up the photo, and looked at it. There was Minah and a man. He had a long face, nice noticeable cheekbones, and beautiful piercing brown eyes.

Junhyung examined the picture some more, and then heard Minah speaking up from behind.

“Yoon Doojoon, that’s his name,” Minah spoke softly, as Junhyung glanced at her and chuckled. “Your ex-fiancée, I suppose?” Junhyung asked, as he placed the photo back down on the table.

“Mm, he and I had a split before our wedding,” Minah answered, as she hands Junhyung’s cup of tea to him. “Ahh, I’m sorry to hear,” Junhyung apologized, and then paces away from the table and back to sitting on the couch.

“It’s fine, it was my choice actually. Not his,” she answered honestly, and sits down on the same couch as Junhyung, but inches away. “Sorry for the nosiness, but why did you both part ways?” He asked, gazing at Minah.

Minah sipped her tea, and exhaled lightly.

“I caught him cheating on me,” Minah answered, and then bites her bottom lip afterwards. The room aura became dark, as Junhyung tensed up a bit, not knowing what to say. “What a jerk,” Junhyung blurt out, causing Minah to giggle.

“Yeah, a jerk,” she mumbled quietly, and sipped her tea once again.

 

“Junhyung-yah, I’ll see you soon, right?” A man spoke from over the phone, as Junhyung chuckled. “No worries, I’m taking vacation time off just for the special day. It’ll be like old times when I return home,” Junhyung replied back to the man.

“I don’t know if it’ll be like old times, as I’m a man now,” the man said, and Junhyung laughed audibly. “Yeah, your game is over now,” Junhyung joked, as he opened up a white envelope.

“So I’m guessing that you’ve received the invitation then?” The man asked. “Yeh hyung, I received it. She’s a beauty, a true keeper. Don’t go fooling around like old days, alright?” Junhyung said, and the guy laughed aloud this time around.

“This woman is going to be your sister-in-law, why would I go fool around? Well, I have to go now. Soon to be wife has caught me on the phone,” the man said, and Junhyung laughed.

“You crazy bastard, you’re shopping with her, aren’t you? Go spend your time with her, stop calling me,” Junhyung joked, and both hung up.

The phone rings again, and Junhyung picks up.

“Junhyung-yah…” a woman’s voice trembled in horror. “What?” Junhyung asked in shock. “He’s dead,” the woman spoke up.

 

“Hyung!” Junhyung shouted audibly loud, as his eyes shot open. Junhyung was inside his room, as he had another nightmare again. “Young master Junhyung, is everything alright?” a maid called from outside. “I’m fine, just bring me a glass of water,” Junhyung answered, and the maid did as she was told.

Junhyung got up and off his bed, as he walked inside his bathroom. He splashed water on his multiple times, and then stared at the mirror. Looking at his own reflection, Junhyung slowly breathed.

“Young master, I have your water out here,” the maid had returned, and knocks outside of Junhyung’s bedroom door once more. Junhyung walked over to open the door, and took the water out of the maid’s hand.

“Thank you,” he thanked her with a scratchy tone of voice, and then shut his door.

He drank up the water fast, and then plopped back on his bed. Junhyung reached for his wallet, as it sat on his dresser nearby his bed. He flipped open his wallet, and stared at the picture of him and a buddy.

Anger started to boil inside of him, as he gritted his teeth, hunger for revenge. He clenched tightly onto his wallet, as his grasp on the glass cup was also tightened. Junhyung angrily threw the glass cup across the room, as he tried to calm down.

“Hyung, I’ve been watching her for a very long time now. What do you think I should do this time?” Junhyung mentally asked the buddy in the picture.

“You left without a word, and no one knows why you took your own life also. Should I just kill her without a word too, as she brought it upon you? It pains me everyday, to wake up and remember that my dream is your death,” Junhyung continued speaking to the photo.

“Doojoon hyung, why did you leave without saying a word?” He asked the man inside a photo.