Prologue; Sick

In Sickness and In Health [re-writing / semi-hiatus]

Author's Note:Gah, you guys have no idea how nervous I am right now! This is my first fanfiction revolving actual people – all my previous fanfictions were based off of anime/manga. Anyway, I hope you will be easy on me with this. They may be out of character, but hopefully, my ability to write SHINee as characters will improve as time goes by.

I decided to make each chapter a different point of view of a member (third person limited). And instead of having them stuck in one situation, it’s going to move forward. Might be a bit confusing B|

One last thing before I stop rambling: please tell me if there is anything I can/should improve on. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

 


 

The leader of SHINee was sick; so sick that he had visited the hospital about four times already. Usually, the clumsy leader healed from sickness rather quickly, but this time was different. Very different.

The first symptom and clue about his illness was when he had first fainted. It had been after SHINee's latest appearance on a TV variety show and had caused quite a shock throughout the show guests and staffs there. During the filming, he had been lively and just the exact opposite of sickly. However, as soon as the director of the show had yelled out "cut," indicating the filming was over, the twenty-three year old singer had fallen from his seat, his eyes rolled back into his head.

The whole set had gasped for it had been very uncalled for; who would have thought this cheerful boy was too sick to function? Immediately, SHINee's manager rushed in, hoisting the fallen male on his back with the help of few staff members. All the while, the other SHINee members were visibly shock. They had never realized that their leader was so exhausted, so ill. Guilt ran through them as the oldest of the Korean boy band was rushed to the hospital. Why hadn’t they noticed their leader’s sickness?

-----

"How embarrassing."

Those two words had been the first things that Lee Jinki, or more commonly known as Onew, had said when he had woken up from his unconscious state. It was a shocking statement, really, and yet, it was expected from the responsible leader of SHINee. Being the leader, responsibility naturally fell onto his shoulders; he didn't want to worry the younger members nor did he want to get special treatment from them. He was rather uncomfortable with unnecessary attention, despite the fact that he was an idol. Regardless, his unstable state was no excuse for him to be babied for. Besides, the others had their own health to worry about. Knowing that, Onew felt guilty; if only he had been able to take care of himself better. Then, rest of SHINee, their manager, and their fans would have nothing to worry about. Especially the other SHINee members.

They were his second family and if they were to have more stress because of him? Oh, just the imagination itself was horrible. So of course, Onew tried to play it off – whatever would make them think he was fine.

But Onew wasn’t the greatest liar. The others were able to notice right away his failed attempt to lessen the tension in the air. Besides, the constant beeping of the machines he was hooked up to didn’t help.

“Mianhe,” Onew mumbled before blinking his way back into sleep. He wasn’t so sure why he was this tired, but he was, and he couldn’t overcome it, as much as he wanted to. The faces before him darkened for a split second – or had he imagined this? – before brightening up and smiling at the bedridden singer. Drifting into sleep, he felt soft touches from four different hands, whether they were a soft pat, a caress, et cetera. They were so gentle, so loving, and it was exactly what the tofu-leader needed to sooth his dizzy mind. These touches was the last thing he felt before falling into a peaceful sleep.