Foreword

Because You're Stupid

 

Title: Because You’re Stupid

Summary: All Bomi wanted was to make Chorong felt special on her birthday.

Characters: Park Chorong & Yoon Bomi

Additional Character: Jung Eunji

Author’s Notes:

# This is my 2nd fanfic written for my favourite pairing in A Pink, ChoMi.

# In this fic, Chorong, Bomi & Eunji are college students. They are not related to the idols’ world.

# This is not a sequel from Because I’m Stupid.

# Feel free to drop some comments & I hope you guys enjoy this :)

 

 

 

;~~~;

 

 

“Aarrghh…! I’m dead!” shrieked Bomi.

 

Eunji, who was busy playing with her phone, was startled with Bomi’s sudden shriek. “Yah! Yoon Bomi, what’s wrong with you?”

 

The two same-aged friends were sitting at the corner of the college’s café. They were supposed to have a morning lecture with Professor Choi Jinho, but the lecture was cancelled last minute.

 

“I’m dead, Eunji-ah…” said Bomi again, in a hopeless tone.

 

Finally showing some concerns, Eunji puts away her phone and adjusted her seat closer to Bomi. “Yah! You’re not dead. Tell me what’s wrong?”

 

“Umm… You do know that Chorong-unnie’s birthday is next week, right?”

 

“Yeap, it’s next week, March 3rd. Why?” replied Eunji.

 

“That’s the problem! I don’t know what to do or what to give her for her birthday!” said Bomi dramatically, while scratching her non-itchy head.

 

Eunji shook her head. Frowning. She has known Bomi since they were kids and she has never once seen Bomi being as frantic as she is now.

 

“Calm down. Let’s see. Do you know what things that Chorong-unnies likes? Eunji asked calmly.

 

“Umm… Chorong-unnie likes… umm… oh! She likes chicken… chicken’s feet!” answered Bomi confidently. “So I just give her chicken’s feet, then?” Bomi’s eyes started to glow, thinking that she might have just found the solution to her misery.

 

“Yah, pabo yah! How could you give chicken’s feet for someone’s birthday??” replied Eunji in disbelief. “Try to think of something else, I’ll help you out with the plan.”

 

Bomi let out a long sigh. It’s her first time planning out something this big and since it was Chorong’s birthday, the planning became more of a big deal to Bomi. To add to the pressure, it was going to be her first time celebrating Chorong’s birthday as Chorong’s official girlfriend, ever since Bomi declared her feelings to Chorong last Christmas. In her mind, all Bomi wanted was to make the birthday a special one for Chorong.

 

 

;~~~~;

 

 

3 days before Chorong’s birthday

 

Bomi and Chorong were walking hand in hand at their favourite shopping mall, sight-seeing and doing some window-shopping. It was something that they always do, the only difference between then and now, was the fact that before, they were just good friends with no lovey-dovey state. Before they were a couple, Chorong used to tease and bully Bomi a lot. These days, Chorong seemed to be clingier towards Bomi, although she would occasionally bully Bomi just for fun.

 

“Bbom-ah, isn’t this cap pretty? I like this,” said Chorong while trying out the leopard-printed cap on her head. She then struck a few poses in front of the dressing’s room’s mirror.

 

Bomi could only smile seeing her girlfriend’s shopping antiques. For the past hour that they’ve been window shopping, Chorong had probably tried out every single thing that she thought was pretty but still not buying anything. Bomi was already used to that. In a way, Bomi thought that it was Chorong’s secret code in giving signals, so that Bomi would buy those things for her. Bomi would’ve bought the whole world for Chorong if she was as rich as Yookyung, but the reality is, she is only a student.

 

Grabbing Bomi’s wrist, Chorong pulled Bomi to another shop.

 

“Bbom-ah, look! Couple stuffs!” said Chorong enthusiastically while touching and looking at every single couple items in the shop.

 

“I’ve always wanted some couple stuffs. Bbom-ah, don’t you think this is cute? Look! A pink cell phone’s couple’s case! This is perfect for us!”

 

“Huh…? Couple stuffs are only for childish couples to show off, unnie-ah. Why do people need to tell the whole world that they’re a couple?” replied Bomi, ignorantly. Bomi has never really been a fan of couple items. She thinks it’s cute, but it’s not exactly a necessary item for every couple to have.

 

Hearing Bomi’s exclamation, Choroung pouts a little and decided to stroll around the shop by herself. She went from one corner to another until her eyes were fixed to an item.

 

Couple rings

 

Chorong has always wanted to wear couple rings. For Chorong, a couple ring meant more than just a couple item to be shown off. Wearing the same rings meant that the couple is committed to each other and it’s like an unspoken promise for the couple to always stay by each other’s side through good and bad times.

 

Bomi who was showing a sign of no interest in the shop, was browsing unenthusiastically at the couples’ shirt racks’ corner. She pulled out a shirt from the rack and thinking to herself how childish would it be for couples to wear the shirt in the public. She chuckled and shook her head. This is not for me.

 

A few minutes in the shop, Bomi got bored and decided to look for Chorong. Chorong was still at the same couple rings’ corner. Sneakily, Bomi tried to surprise her by walking slowly towards Chorong. She tried her best to not make any footsteps sounds as possible.

 

“Chorong-unnie…!” Bomi exclaimed while wrapping both of her arms around Chorong’s waist.

 

“Yah! Bbom-ah, you scared me!”

 

“Hehe…” Bomi giggled. “What are you looking at, unnie?”

 

“Umm… Nothing… Bbom-ah, let’s go to eat. I’m starving,” said Chorong while putting back the couple rings that she was holding a moments ago to its place.

 

“Umm… Okay unnie, whatever you say is my command,” replied Bomi shortly. Before walking out from the shop, Bomi decided to take one last look at the corner where Chorong was busy looking at.

 

Couple Rings’ Corner

 

 

;~~~~;

 

 

March 3rd, Chorong’s birthday

 

Chorong was sitting at the bench, near the college’s park, where most of the college students would usually hang out whenever they have free times. She was listening to her MP3 player, while randomly observing the college students who were strolling around the park. Bomi had promised to meet Chorong at the park at 2 p.m. Chorong thought that since it was her birthday, Bomi might take her out for a birthday date or something. Thus, she dressed her best, wearing a navy blue pencil skirt, with a red blouse.

 

10 minutes passed 2 p.m. and there were still no signs of Bomi. Chorong started to get anxious and a bit annoyed. It wasn’t Bomi’s first time being late.

 

“Chorong-unnie…!”

 

Chorong startled a bit upon hearing her name called. She pulled away the earphones from her ears, turned around and looked everywhere.

 

“Chorong-unnie…!” yelled Eunji from afar while waving both of her hands. It didn’t take long for Chorong to spot Eunji and she waved back at her junior upon seeing Eunji’s cute gesture. Eunji then quickly ran towards Chorong and gave Chorong a hug.

 

“Chorong-unnie, happy birthday!” exclaimed Eunji while handing out her birthday gift to Chorong. The gift was neatly wrapped with a cute ribbon attached to it.

 

“Eunji-ah, thank you,” said Chorong with a smile. She felt touched by her junior’s sweet act.

 

“By the way unnie, Bomi asked me to tell you that she couldn’t meet you today. She needs to attend a few extra classes from Professor Choi Jinho.”

 

“Huh…? Re… really?” Chorong’s eyes widen.

 

“Yeap, she told me to apologize to unnie on her behalf and she said that she’ll call you when her class finish.”

 

Chorong couldn’t hide her disappointment. Her expression turned darkened and she lost her smile a little. All of her expectations for today have now been broken.

 

“Umm… It’s okay then. Eunji-ah, thanks for the information.”

 

With heavy steps, Chorong forced herself to go back home. Truthfully, she wanted a surprise from Bomi, maybe some cute birthday gifts or cards, but all she got today was just huge disappointments. Bomi didn’t show up for their supposedly ‘date’ and what’s even worst, Bomi had yet to wish her for her birthday.

 

So much for being a pabo’s girlfriend….

 

 

;~~~~;

 

 

It was almost 10 o’clock in the night. For the past few hours, she had been staring at her phone like a crazy person. She was angry, restless and sad. Bomi had not given her a call yet and it drove her nuts.

 

“Haishhh…! Yoon Bomi, I hate you…!” Chorong shouted while punching at her pillow. She wanted to cry, but she thought it would be stupid since Bomi wouldn’t even care. She felt pathetic for herself.

 

Of all people in the world, why am I so stupid for falling in love with Yoon Bomi?

 

Tired of waiting, Chorong threw her phone to the bed’s side table and slammed her face to the pillow. She gave up.

 

But it wasn’t until a few minutes later that Chorong’s phone suddenly rang. Startled by the sound, Chorong immediately got up from her bed and frantically grabbed her phone from the side table. The call was from Bomi. Chorong was unsure whether to answer the call or not. A huge part of her wanted to answer the call but that tiny part of her said that she should just ignored the call.

 

So, she left the first call unanswered. Moments later, the phone rang again. It was from Bomi. Chorong’s ego was too big to answer the call, so she left it unanswered again. In the next few minutes, Bomi called again, but still, Chorong refused to answer it.

 

Beep! Beep!

 

This time Chorong’s phone rang out the message tone. Chorong unlocked the phone and read the message.

 

“Chorong-unnie. Look outside your window.”

 

Confused with the message, Chorong quickly jumped off the bed and ran towards her bedroom’s window. Surpassing all of her expectations, Chorong’s jaw dropped as her eyes widen.

 

 

;~~~~;

 

 

“Chorong-unnie…!” Bomi exclaimed from below. She was wearing a funny looking white-coloured helmet and was standing beside a cute, pink-coloured vespa.

 

Chorong couldn’t believe her eyes. The girl that she loves came out with a vespa. This is like a dream.

 

“Chorong-unnie! Do you not want to come down here?” asked Bomi.

 

“Nope…! Not until you apologized first!” Chorong pouted as she crossed her arms.

 

“Alright… alright… I’m sorry, unnie? Now, Chorooonggg-unnie would you pleaseeee come down here?” asked Bomi while displaying some aegyo acts, blinking her eyes like a cute puppy. Seeing Bomi’s sudden aegyo, Chorong immediately burst into laughter. “Hahaha… pabo yah!” she exclaimed. All of Chorong’s anger had instantly disappeared as she put a huge smile on her face.

 

Immediately, Chorong changed her sleeping pajama to a cute outfit. She brushed her teeth, put on some facial cream and sprayed some perfume to her body. She quickly ran downstairs and put on her red-coloured, Converse’s sneaker. She was now ready to go.

 

As soon as Chorong came out of her house’s door, she pretended to be unenthusiastic about the surprise. She walked towards Bomi, while crossing her arms. Bomi, on the other hand, got so happy to see Chorong as she ran towards Chorong and immediately pulled Chorong into a hug.

 

“Yah! What is this all about?” said Chorong, pulling away from the hug. Chorong refused to give in just yet as she needed a legit explanation from Bomi.

 

“This? This is a vespa, unnie. Hehe…” Bomi grinned. Noticing that her girlfriend was still sulky over the whole birthday incident, Bomi gently grabbed Chorong’s wrist as they walked towards the vespa. Bomi took out another helmet and gently helped Chorong to wear the helmet. She made sure to tighten the helmet so that it fits Chorong’s head properly. Chorong’s heart fluttered a little with Bomi’s caring gestures.

 

“Cute," said Bomi while pinching Chorong’s chubby cheeks. “Unnie, how come you look good with this helmet while I look like an ahjumma wearing this?”

 

Upon hearing Bomi’s funny remark, Chorong let out a small laughter and wittily replied back, “Because you’re Yoon Bomi.”

 

Bomi giggled.

 

“Unnie, hop on the vespa.”

 

Succumbing to Bomi’s order, Chorong hopped on to the vespa. “But where are we going, Bbom-ah?”

 

“It’s a secret. Now, unnie hold on to me tightly, this vespa is going to move soon.”

 

 

;~~~~;

 

 

The stars were shining brightly on that night as if it understood Chorong’s feelings. The amazing view of the entire Seoul city could be seen from above the hill. Chorong and Bomi were enjoying the spectacular view, while sitting on a pavement. The couple was sharing a blanket together, covering their body from the cold, shivering breeze.

 

“Umm… Bbom-ah?” said Chorong, breaking the silence between them.

 

“Yeah, unnie?”

 

“How did you find this place?”

 

“Here? Umm... When I was little, my dad used to bring me here a lot. My dad once said that, you could get the most beautiful view in the world, if you get to share it with someone special.”

 

“I really like the view here and I wanted to share it with unnie.”

 

Chorong’s heart fluttered again with Bomi’s remarks. This time, she could feel heart beating rapidly.

 

“Umm… Chorong-unnie? I have a confession to make.”

 

Chorong became nervous.

 

“Actually, I didn’t forget about unnie’s birthday at all. I’ve been thinking about it since last week and it almost drove me crazy. This evening… I know I’ve broken our promise to meet and I even asked Eunji to deliver the news. I could’ve called unnie, but my phone was dead and I only get to recharge it a few hours ago…”

 

Bomi continued to explain.

 

 “Umm… that pink vespa over there actually belongs to Prof. Choi and I’ve asked for a permission to borrow it since a few days ago, but he only gave me the green light today. In return, he wanted me to instruct a dancing lesson for his students. And that explains why I was late today…”

 

“So… Chorong-unnie, are you still mad at me?”

 

Upon hearing Bomi’s long explanations, Chorong felt touched. No one had ever made her feel as special as this. She could feel her teary-eyes but she controlled her emotions. She let out a fake, small laughter.

 

“Yoon Bomi, you’re such a pabo.”

 

“I'm a pabo.”

 

“But that's what makes me love you. I love you because you’re a pabo.”

 

Chorong and Bomi’s eyes met, exchanging feelings that only their hearts could understand. Both hearts beat vigorously, waiting for the next step.

 

Bomi leaned in closer. She gave Chorong a peck on her forehead, on her nose and slowly moving to both of Chorong’s cheeks. Bomi gave one last gaze to Chorong, silently asking for a permission to kiss her lips. Chorong who understood, closed her eyes, giving in to Bomi. Their lips finally met. Both souls were embracing the warmth and the blissfulness of the kiss. Chorong put her hands on Bomi’s neck, caressing and pulling Bomi closer to her, deepening their kiss.

 

The heart of Seoul was their witness, serenading the couple.

 

When their lips finally parted, Bomi decided to pull off another surprise.

 

“Umm… Unnie? I actually have another surprise for you.”

 

Chorong who was still hadn’t gotten over the sweetness of their kiss, looked a bit confused as she frowned. Bomi took out a small, square casing from her pocket and handed it to Chorong.

 

“Umm…? What’s this?” asked Chorong.

 

“It’s my birthday gift for unnie. Open it, unnie.”

 

Chorong slowly opened up the casing. Her eyes widen as she covered .

 

“A couple ring?”

 

“Yes.” Bomi nodded and grinned. She felt accomplished.

 

“But… you said that…”

 

Bomi giggled and took out a ring from the casing. She then put it on Chorong’s finger, gently.

 

“Now, it’s unnie’s turn to put it on my finger.”

 

Shyly, Chorong put the ring to Bomi’s finger too. Now, both of them were wearing the same, exact couple ring.

 

“So, I guess this means that we’re married, now?” asked Bomi, teasing her girlfriend.

 

Chorong’s cheeks slightly reddened. She loves it. Chorong then took Bomi’s left hand in hers and gently kissed the back of Bomi’s hand. She rested her head comfortably on Bomi’s shoulder.

 

“Bbom-ah, let’s stay like this forever.”

 

 

;~~~~;