Reluctant Goodbyes

Dancing my Heart Out

 

A/N: Please take this poll while you are at it! ^^

 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6VhcML6Jbw

~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed by quickly and Jin Ju’s group-members entered the room. While Lay stopped teaching Jin Ju, they put their bags on the floor in the corner of the dance room. Then, they proceeded to walk towards the two who were dancing.

“You guys are here already?” Jin Ju asked after she took a refreshing drink of water.

Chaerin, 2NE1’s leader, nodded and handed Jin Ju a colorful piece of paper. On the paper, in big bold print read, DANCE CONTEST. ELIGIBLE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT AND ABOVE.

Jin Ju gave Chaerin an inquiring look. “We are joining this, a dance contest?”

Chaerin nodded again and spoke, “It’s in three months. We just need a new song and learn the dance moves perfectly. It’s a world-wide dance contest. We’ve been waiting for this moment haven’t we? This is our chance!” Chaerin pumped her fist in the air and smiled widely.

Jin Ju looked at the other members, who also nodded and pumped their fist in the air. “Alright, we will join then. Have you picked a song yet?”

Dara, the eldest of the group answered, “No. That’s why we wanted to ask you. Do you have any ideas?”

“Lay was just teaching me dance moves to a song.” Jin Ju looked at Lay and asked, “Can you show them the moves?”

Lay obliged and the stereo once again. When the music started playing, he advanced to dance in front of the four girls.

Chaerin, as the leader, observed the moves very carefully, contemplating whether this song was worth being in the competition; in contrast, Dara was leisurely sitting on the floor, back touching the cold wall, texting her boyfriend; Minzy, the youngest of 2NE1, also watched Lay dance, eyeing every movement, even the very miniscule details; and Jin Ju was in paradise watching Lay dance flawlessly.

The song soon came to the end, and Lay stopped dancing. Everyone gave a round of applause, and Lay, in return, gave a bow.

“Are you guys going to use this for your competition? It’s not an easy dance song, so I think the judges will be surprised if you guys pull this off.” Lay said.

“I think this song is good enough. Alright then, let’s start practicing shall we? Lay, proceed.” Chaerin said in her leader tone.

Dara, who stopped texting, now, stood up and stretched out her muscles; along with Minzy, Chaerin, and Jin Ju.

Lay taught the girls the dances move to the beginning part of the song. After a while, someone’s cell phone rang.

Jin Ju went over to the source of the noise and saw a cell phone blinking on top of Lay’s towel. “Lay, your cell phone is ringing!” Jin Ju shouted before resuming her practice of the song.

Lay took his cell phone and went outside to listen to it. “Hello?”

“Oppa, come home now! Mom is outside and she isn’t going to come back until late at night! I’m hungry. Please oppa, come home now.” A young, annoying voice spoke through the speakers of the cell phone.

“Mi Yun, I have to teach my dancing class now. You have money, can’t you go and buy stuff yourself?” Lay annoyingly said.

“OPPA! How dare you let me, a young girl, roam around the streets alone! If you don’t come home, I’m going to tell mom how you bought a motorcycle without her knowledge!” Mi Yun retorted.

Lay let out a sigh and gave in. “Alright. I’ll come home with food. Wait thirty minutes alright?” *When did she know I bought a motorcycle? I bought it because I wanted to show it off to Jin Ju.*

“Okay oppa! Hurry!” Mi Yun cheerful said and hung up.

Lay closed his phone and went inside the loud dance room. He grabbed his bag and started out the door. Jin Ju noticed this and followed him out.

“Lay, where are you going?” Jin Ju asked.

Lay stopped before climbing on his motorcycle. “I have to go buy food for my little sister. She keeps on nagging me. You guys can practice on your own. I’ll teach you the other steps tomorrow! Bye!” Lay said in a rush and waved goodbye to Jin Ju, and rode away on his motorcycle.

Jin Ju waved goodbye reluctantly and headed back into the illuminated dance room.