Practicing

Dancing my Heart Out

 

The sun shone brightly through the window of Jin Ju’s bedroom. The dazzling sun hit her face, causing her to stir in her sleep. Coincidently, her phone rang, causing her to wake up fully.

“Hello?” Jin Ju said in a sleepy voice.

“I’m outside of you house. If you don’t come out in ten minutes, you will be late.” A smooth voice said through the phone.

Jin Ju sprang up in bed, looked at the caller ID, and sped into the bathroom. *I can’t be late! Lay is waiting outside for me!* Jin Ju took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, combed her hair, and wore her uniform. Then, she quickly ran out the door, pass the apartments, and before Lay could see her. She fixed her uniform, making sure it was neat, and walked to Lay.

“I’m ready!” Jin Ju tapped Lay on the back.

He turned around and gave a heart-warming smile to her. *Don’t smile like that Lay! Your dimples are going to make me faint one day.*

Lay handed Jin Ju a helmet, and she gladly accepted it. She put it over her head, made sure it was tight, and sat behind Lay. As Lay started the engine of his motorcycle, she wrapped her arms around his slim waist. *I wish time would stop right now.*

……………

The two arrived on the school campus right before the last bell rang. Lay parked his bike, put the helmets inside the trunk of the motorcycle, and grabbed Jin Ju’s wrists.

“Huh?” Jin Ju looked at Lay confused, but her heart throbbed of happiness.

Lay gave her a gentle smile and pulled her along into their classroom. Within the classroom, pupils were in small groups, talking to each other. Lay and Jin Ju sat down at their seats in the very rear of the room.

The teacher came in right when the bell signaled the starting of class. The students that were once in smalls groups now shuffled their way to their proper seats. The teacher began teaching and every one paid close attention.

Jin Ju was on the verge of falling asleep, but she felt something on her arm. She looked down and saw Lay’s hand on her arms. Inside his hand was a small piece of paper. She looked up at Lay, but his attention was directed at the teacher.

Jin Ju took the paper and read it.

Falling asleep already? Bad Jin Ju! Meet me at the front gates after school!

Jin Ju smiled to herself secretly before looking at Lay once more.

………….

The last bell rang, ending school. Everyone shuffled out of the classrooms, heading out into the campus.

Jin Ju quickly gathered her things and ran out to the front gates. There, a tall and lean man was standing waving to her. Jin Ju waved back and stood in front of him.

“Ready?” Lay asked.

Jin Ju nodded. Lay took her wrist again, causing Jin Ju’s heart to beat faster and faster, and ran to Woollim Dance, a dance academy.

Once they entered the building, they each went their separate ways into the locker rooms; Lay to the boys’ and Jin Ju to the girls’. They changed into appropriate clothing and came out into the dance room. 

876ae39643a8d2a65a5c9bf94b65dd70_large.j

 

Lay the lights and inserted a CD into the stereo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Uoc0xOIRw (<--play that)

Then he started dancing to the song. Jin Ju sat down near the door and watched how Lay moved around flawlessly. Every move he made was just perfect. Jin Ju stared at Lay, her eyes moving wherever he moved. She took notice of how he made every move precise and accurate.

All of a sudden, he stopped dancing and walked over to Jin Ju. Jin Ju looked away from Lay, embarrassed that she was staring at him like a stalker. Lay took his water out and took a long gulp before asking, “Do you want me to teach you that dance?”

Jin Ju finally met eyes with Lay and smiled. *He asked me to dance with him!* “Sure. I have thirty minutes before my group-mates come, so might as well warm up.”

Lay stood up and extended a hand for Jin Ju to stand up. Jin Ju took Lay’s hand without any reluctance and stood up.

Lay went over to the stereo and replayed the song again. Step by step, he taught Jin Ju gradually. Jin Ju followed every move precisely to impress him. She knew how much he loved dancing; therefore, she wanted him to favor her further than a regular friend by making a superior impression on him.