Perfect.

Lie To Me

 

 

What if your whole world was built on a lie?

 

 

Lee Sungyeol had it all.

A picturesque family.


“MOM, I’M HOME!” I hollered as I slammed the door shut, flinging my bag onto the couch carelessly.

A delicious, mouth-watering smell invaded my nostrils.

My mother’s head of curls popped out of the kitchen, beaming at me.

“Hey honey, I’m just baking some cookies right now.” She waved a charred mitten at me.

I chuckled and went into the kitchen, slipping my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder.

“So how was school today?” She asked absentmindedly, while stirring the second batch of batter with ultimate concentration.

“Same old, same old.” I commented carelessly, my finger sneakily reaching out to dip into the chocolate mix, only to get it swatted away playfully by her.

“Where’s dad?” I asked, pouting while rubbing my fingers.

“He took a day off, he’s in the entertainment room watching soccer. Go on and join him.”

With that, I proceeded on to his own room, taking a quick shower before joining my father in the entertainment room.

“Hey dad.” I grinned at him, who was sitting at the edge of the couch, his eyes glued to the widescreen television before him.

“Hey son. How’s life?” He asked distractedly, his eyes still focused on the television but his rough, calloused hands patted my back warmly.

I shrugged in response.

I let my wide eyes wander around the room, taking in the deep red walls, the Wii game box, the X-box game box, the huge television, their state-of-the-art sound system, and just about any other advanced, totally cool entertainment items.

“So, why’d you take the day off today?” I asked, trying to start a casual conversation.

“Well, I mean, Manchester United is playing today. MANCHESTER UNITED. How could I possibly miss it?”

I chucked and shook my head at my father’s reply. He was the biggest Manchester United fan I have ever known.

He watched with his mouth hanging open as one of the players of his favourite team headed for the goal.

“GOAL!!!!!!!!” He shouted, jumping up and down as he grabbed me into a headlock, both of us laughing.

 

Stunning good looks.

 

As I walked down the streets of Gangnam, I could feel eyes on me. Not in a bad way. In a way which idols usually experience. It isn’t really a new feeling for me, though. I always get looks like that.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder and turned around.

A middle aged man in a crisp suit stood before me, smiling warmly.

“Hello there, young man. I’m Hwang Kyung Min, a talent scout for Infinite Entertainment. Say, you are pretty good looking. Interested in being a model?”

I raised my eyes in surprise. Model?

“Nope, never thought of it before.” I answered truthfully.

His face fell a little, but he quickly regained his posture.

“Well, please do take some more time to think about it.” He smiled widely, handing me a name card.

I kept the name card in my wallet. “Thank you. I will definitely consider it.”

He bowed slightly and went his own way. I continued walking down the street.

Grinning discreetly, I took a seat at a café and ordered myself a cup of coffee. The waitress was checking me out. Creepy.

Softly squealing as my coffee arrived, I took a long sip.

“O-oppa?” A high-pitched voice meekly called out from beside me.

I turned, only to face a cute girl with flushed cheeks.

“Yes?” I smiled.

Her face got even redder.

“W-well, can I have your n-number? You’re very h-handsome.” She stuttered.

I took a teasing sip of my coffee, noticing her gulp as she watched my adam’s apple bob up and down.

“I would love to, sweetie, but I wouldn’t wanna make my boyfriend mad.” I smirked.

Her eyes widened in horror. “Boyfriend?!”

I nodded innocently.

Biting her lips out of embarrassment, she muttered a soft apology and scuttled back to her group of friends, who comforted her.

 

And most importantly, a perfect, loving boyfriend.

 

I was at the place I loved most.

With Myungsoo.

My beautiful, perfect boyfriend.

We sat in a comfortable silence on his bed, with me in between his legs and his fingers tangled in my hair, my back against his chest.

“So how was your day, angel?” He asked, inhaling the scent of my hair.

I sighed and leaned further into his embrace, resting my head against his broad shoulders.

“Well, another girl asked for my number again.” I blew my bangs in annoyance.

He frowned. “What? Again? And what did you do?”

“I gave it to her.” I tried hard to keep a serious face on.

Myungsoo looked at me in shock, his eyes wide. “What?!”

I chortled and leaned upward to kiss his jawline.

“I’m kidding, dearie. I told her that I wouldn’t wanna make my boyfriend mad.” I smirked.

He sighed over-dramatically. “My boyfriend really is the heartbreaker.”

I pinched his nose. “But you still love him.”

He grinned. “Yes, I do.”

“And, I got scouted as a model.”

“Really?! That’s great!” Myungsoo’s grip tightened on me in excitement.

“But I told him I’d consider.”

His face fell. “But why, Yeollie?”

I sighed again. “You know I just wanna have a normal life with you. If I become famous, do you think this would be possible?”

“You’re right, sweetheart. I’m sorry.” He kissed my temple.

I closed my eyes, his shirt.

“So, how was your day?” I asked.

“The norm. But I’m so happy that mom made pancakes for breakfast today instead of just giving me bread.”

I smiled, my heartstrings pulled. “You’re such a good boy, always grateful for every little thing.”

He blushed. “W-well, I mean, not really. I’m just-“

“And that’s why I love you.” I gazed at him with tender eyes, leaning up to kiss him full on the lips.

How do I feel when I’m with him?

Perfect.

Because every moment spent with him is perfect.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......... -runs off the write new chapter for "Paradise"- ><