Heart Attack

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

For the next two weeks, Luhan didn’t attend dance or rehearsals practice at all. While our team practiced the cheography so hard every day, Luhan wasn’t there. Worst thing was, I needed him to be there while I dance.

 

Yes, thanks to this stupid musical, almost all my dance requires Luhan as my dancing partner. Because of that useless jerk, Takashi has to be my dance partner instead. But thankfully, Takashi didn’t complain.

 

My eyebrow twitched in irritation as that crazy horse isn’t here for our dance practice yet again. Only three more weeks to showcase time and he still isn’t here! I really need to talk to him. If none of us makes it to university, it’ll be his fault.

 

“That jerk! Where is he?! We’re not improving from this scene at all! Oh my gosh I need to kill him now.” I ranted, stomping my foot hard against the ground, rage coursing through my veins. Young Mi tried to calm me down but I was beyond control.

 

“Calm your , girl. We’ll skip this ballroom scene and get into the finale then. Let’s pretend that Juliet and Romeo are dead and we’re be like waltzing around in a grave manner displaying the tragic scene. Ji Eun you are exempted from this scene. Go somewhere and slack.” Kimmy instructed.

 

I scowled, angry that I didn’t dance at all today. Taking this chance, I grab my jacket and went out of the room, planning to do some other stuff or maybe find that jerk.

 

Finding him was tough when the students in this school stared at me as if I committed murder. That’s right. I kinda did that.

 

By being on our school’s cover page with Xi. Lu. Han. Being him wasn’t a problem. But our pose was so intimate and real until the school named us some weird couple name and worse, some idiot said that I was committing adultery – dating two popular guys at one time.

 

When Daehyun saw the cover page – let’s just say he wasn’t really happy.

 

I passed by the music room and realised that the school put a new grand piano in there. Raising a brow, I turned the door knob and found myself probing into the music room. “Hello? Anybody in there?”

 

My voice echoed in the large room and nobody replied. Closing and locking the door close, I went up to the piano, running my fingers over the black top. I went ahead and fold the heavy lid back, and eyed at the black and white keys. Pulling the piano chair out, I sat on it.

 

Gingerly, with one hand, I tapped out a simple, slow melody on the higher keys.  The room was so silent that the music seemed obtrusive. The previous time I came here I was caught playing the guitar and singing along with it. I don’t know how well I play the piano but I should be able to make up some tunes.

 

Moving my right hand, I played upon the flats and sharps, hearing their sounds. I played a chord, then another and added another few notes from my right hand, pushed the pedal and was gone.

 

The notes burst from my fingers, staggering at first, but then more confidently as the emotion in the music took over. All the frustration, anger and saddening stuff poured into this music that I’m playing. I used to play the piano when I was young, picking up instantly after learning for a short period of time. This piece was a song that I heard. Being able to play it again was somehow refreshing.

 

Soon, I forget about time as I played between pieces, the music voicing the unspeakable. I played and played until my anger subsided, until my heart was at peace.

 

*

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Leaning against the doorway, Luhan stood, utterly transfixed. She’d been playing for some time with her back facing him. Her noisiness woke him up from his nap, at first, he was hiding behind those long benches. But now, he was grateful that she came and played the piano.

 

Luhan wondered when will Eun Ji notice him, or if she’d never stop at all. He wouldn’t mind listening to her play the whole day.

 

Peeling himself from the wall, he stood beside Eun Ji, surprised that she didn’t notice him until Luhan sat beside her on the piano chair. “You play beau – “

 

Eun Ji’s fingers slipped on the keys, which let out a loud, awful CLANK!

 

“Holy cheese macaroni!” she cried out loud, glaring at Luhan. “Since when did you arrive? I didn’t hear you opening the door.”

 

Luhan played with the keys, “I was here all the time, until you woke me up with the music.”

 

Eun Ji reddened, certainly didn’t expect that. She should’ve checked her surroundings more carefully the next time. “So, you’re here sleeping and not attending practice? Why is that so?”

 

Luhan ignored her question. “Teach me how to play the piano.”

 

“Answer me first.”

 

“Teach me first, then we’ll talk about that.”

 

Eun Ji sighed, giving in to his demands. “Just hit here and here and there. Yes, press it down.” He listened to her babble and press a whole chunk of keys, sounding like nothing that she’d just played. Luhan frowned as he tried to figure out the keys and notes.

 

“Silly, your hands are so stiff. Maybe you should play the guitar.” Eun Ji said, giving up on teaching him. “Or you should sing. Like the previous time we did a duet.”

 

“We did?” he raised a brow but then scrunching up together the next moment. “When?”

 

“Last time.” Eun Ji played a few random chords while Luhan tried to remember.

 

“I don’t remember.”

 

Her eyes soften, forgetting that Luhan had a memory loss. “Follow me, I’ll lead.”

 

"It's okay. I'll just listen." Luhan replied.

 

"As you wish."

 

She began playing and combining some chords together and a part of her was afraid that her voice didn’t sound right or she’ll get the lyrics wrong. But when she opened and sang, all her worries faded.

 

 

Never put my love out on the line 
Never said yes to the right guy 
Never had trouble getting what I want 
But when it comes to you I'm never good enough 

 


When I don't care 
I can play him like a Ken doll 
Won't wash my hair 
Then make him bounce like a basketball 

 


But you make me wanna act like a girl 
Paint my nails and wear high heels 
Yes you, make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand 

 


You make me glow 
But I cover up, won't let it show 
So I'm putting my defenses up 
Cause I don't wanna fall in love 
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack 
I think I'd have a heart attack 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Eun Ji’s POV

 

I sang and sang and sang until my throat is raw. My fingers never stopped playing and pressing the keys and my heart was about to burst from all the emotions I’ve been holding. Some parts of the lyrics lies my unspoken words for Luhan one year ago.

 

I knew, deep inside of me, I’m starting to fall in love with Luhan again.

 

 


 

A/N: Song by Demi Lovato, Heart Attack. It's awesome! Do listen it! 
Click next for the next chapter! <: