Kim Bear!

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

Eun Ji's POV

 

Okay, that was not what I’d expected. I’m a male student instead of a female? I mean, I know I had a ridiculously short hair and my s ain’t that huge, but I passed on a boy quite easily. Wayyyy to easy.

*No wonder that girl who gave me directions look weird. In fact, she looked swooned.* I went out of the audition hall and collected my uniform. The uniform personnel scrutinized me and smiled.

“Such a beautiful face for a boy. Why are you so thin?!” she almost wanted to squeeze my cheeks but I leaned back, not wanting her to touch me.

“Hehe, can I just take my uniform?” I said.

“Sure, here’s an extra set for pretty boy. Good luck in school!” I took the uniforms from her and tucked it in my bag. No doubt it was a boy’s wear. Come to think of it, why didn’t I protest about it? Shouldn’t I say like ‘hey, I’m actually a girl just that I’m tom boy.’

I raked my hair and groaned in frustration. Surely they would deny me once I admit that I’m a girl. Because – firstly, I do not have a really nice figure. Secondly, I have short hair. Lastly, I do act like a boy, sometimes.

I stopped walking in the middle of the hallway and started banging my head against the wall. What should I do?! If I don’t get in to the Music Department, my life is ruined. I would have to use my reputation to get into the Science Department. Which apparently, balls.

Suddenly, a plan struck me.

If I just pretended to be a boy for the next 4 years without my parents knowing, I’ll be able to get a graduating certificate and maybe get a chance to debut as a singer. And if I don’t blow my cover, nobody would notice that I am a female.

Holy .

Jung Eun Ji. You’re too smart.

I started smiling like a fool and skipped towards the office for more information about my dorm and class schedule.

*Moreover, I don’t have to wear skirt for 4 freaking years. OHMYGOD, THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE* I reminded myself to thank the who did this to my hair. I might as well give her a banquet of flowers and thank her.

A tall man, probably around his late thirties approached me with a warm smile. If he isn’t old, he may actually look handsome.

“Mr Jung,” he stretched out his hand. I took it and shook it. “welcome to S.M Academy. This is your class schedule that we’ve printed it out for you, and this is your dorm key.” He passed to me a piece of paper, which is my timetable and a dorm key. Actually it isn’t a key, it’s more like a card.

*Wow, high-tech baby*

I took the things from him.

“Thanks, mr…”

“Mr. Lee. I’m your music teacher and also your homeroom teacher. If you need anything, feel free to ask me. Oh, and be in school at 8a.m sharp. You wouldn’t want to be lost and be late on your first day of school.” He flashed me a smile and tended to other students who passed the audition, like me.

I took a look at my timetable and scanned through it. Math, history, arts, biology, music, music, music, dance and even P.E.

Great, just great. Best school equals to more stress. I folded the piece of paper and inserted it in my pocket.

After turning and bumping into dead ends in the school, I finally found my way out and breathed in fresh air. They should put a map on the timetable. Students with totally zero sense of direction would get lost in this mess.

“Hey, new student!” a girl cried out. I turned around and saw the same girl who gave me directions just now. She waved to me and walked up to me.

“Yes…?” I asked.

“Hmm, I think you passed your audition, didn’t you?”

“Yep,” I nodded my head.

“I knew it! I have an eye for things like this. Anyway, are you sure you’re a guy? You don’t look like you are…” she came closer to me and touched my face.

“Hey, don’t touch me,” I scooted away from her.

“Just kidding. Dude, I really didn’t expect you to go to a boys audition. And don’t you dare forget me, I’m your one and only childhood friend, Kimberly!”

*Kimberly?*

“Oh , are you serious?? You’re that Kimberly from my kindergarten?” my eyes widened as I looked at her face clearly. Those sharp nose and black hair.

*Oh my god, it’s really her.*

“Duh, and then you freaking dumped me for US. Seriously, I hate you,” she crossed her arms but I couldn’t care. I hugged her tightly and kept my tears at bay, for now.

“Kim Bear! I missed you so much,”

“Wow, dude, I can’t breathe. And are you seriously cross dressing?” I released her. “Because if you get caught cross dressing, you’re so dead. Your mother would burn you to death and the school would cook you,”

“Well, I have no choice. I can’t possibly be accepted as a music student if I admitted that I am a girl…”

“True…”

“And I’ll have to join the science department…”

“That’s true too. And you’ll not be able to see me because I am also in the music school.”

She smoothed my hair back to its original position like how she used to tie my long hair when I was younger. *I missed those times…*

“Look at you, what happened to your hair?”

“Long story, I’ll tell you when we have the time,” I sighed raked my hair and messed everything up again.

“You have to stop doing that, your hair will look hideous.”

“I can’t help it, sorry,”

“Come, let’s drink some coffee and we’ll chat,” she suggested.

“Oh I guess we could do that,”

~

 

At Starbucks

 

“So are you frigging serious that you’ll join the school and pretending to be a boy?” she said after seeping her coffee.

“Yep, I think I can do this, I have some confidence, I guess,”

“Well, good luck to you, just pray that you’ll not room with Luhan, the biggest flirt in the entire school,” she made big movements with her hands like he was actually big. “On the other hand, he prefers to stay alone so I don’t think you’ll end up with him,”

“Wow, that’s a relief because I do not want to be exposed on the first day of school.”

“Nah, you won’t.”

We talked for hours until the store closes for the day. Kim Bear offered a ride for me but I rejected it. I prefer to take a bus home. Like what usually do.

Once I reached home, I ignored the servants and headed for my bed. It was a long day and I didn’t really want to face my parents. I should wake up early and say goodbye to them and leave for school.

I closed my eyes and thought of what my destiny would be.

I felt my consciousness ebbing away and then all my thoughts ended as I slipped into oblivion.

 

~

 

A/N: Sorry if this is a boring chapter, but don't worry, the male lead will appear in the next chapter! 

And thanks for all comments and subscribers! <3