How Our Reunion Got Interrupted

The Impasse of My Heart

Chapter 11-How Our Reunion Got Interrupted


“Hurry up Gayoon or else we will miss the plane!” Our manager shouted towards our member who was trying to find her passport.

“I just don’t know where I put it. It was right here a second ago. You know I can’t leave Japan without it!”

“I found it!” Hyuna said, waving the passport in her hands. “It was on the counter right there” She said pointing towards the kitchen. Gayoon just had a confused look on her face.

“Good let’s go now” Jihyun added ushering us outside the hotel room.

It had been nearly two months since we left the country. We were preparing for our debut in Japan, also performing in other countries in Asia. It was a good idea that we had that date in our dorm, I thought to myself. I didn’t have a chance to see him at all after that. B2ST started to travel and perform in other countries also. It was nearly impossible to get in touch with each other.

I started to get on twitter actually, to check up on his updates. He would post up a photo or two every now and then. We talked on the phone whenever we had time at the end of the day, but he would always doze off in the end. I already knew that he was a sleep deprived person, so it was okay.

Finally we were seated in the plane. Jihyun and Gayoon were sleeping soundly. We had our schedule packed up till midnight the day before so we didn’t really have time to sleep much. Sohyun was listening to music and Hyuna was nowhere to be found. I guess she went to the bathroom. We were flying back to Korea for a performance but I wasn’t all that happy. It was probably because I wouldn’t be able to see Junhyung since B2ST were supposed to be out of the country… I sighed and started to look out the window to let go of my thoughts for a while.

“Jiyoon unnieeee!!!!! Wake up!!!” I heard someone scream in my ear which followed by muffles that I could not comprehend. What the- Oh! I must have fallen asleep during the flight. Then I realized it was our second maknae Hyuna who was screaming for me to wake up.

“Okay, okay, I am up.” I said and placed my hands over my face as I yawned. I got my tote bag from the top of my seat and managed to drop it on my feet.

“OUCH!!~”

The girls all laughed and ignored my pain. Ah, poor me! Jihyun, our beloved leader, grabbed my huge bag and handed it to me. “Let’s go,” she said with a mischievous look on her face. I raised my eyebrow in suspicion but she just shrugged and walked off. She is up to something… again. UGH! This is not going to be good.

When we reached our dorm and I quickly went to my bed. I wanted to rest. I my phone to see if I had any missed calls, I doubt it but maybe my mom called, she knew that I was arriving today. I saw three missed calls and two voice mail. One of the missed calls was from my mother while the rest were from him. I listened to the voice mail and my mother told me to call her when I arrived. He said he wished he was in Korea and asked how I am doing and stuff like that. I wished we could see each other. ‘I miss him so much’ I thought to myself and plopped on my bed. After I called my mom I was about to sleep when the door flew open and Jihyun stormed in.

“What are you doing?! Get up and wash yourself up. We are leaving in an hour.”

“Where are we going? Can I just not go?” I begged. I was exhausted.

“No, you are coming with us. So get up!” she said and threw my blanket off me. UGH! This was not good. I could feel it. 

I took a shower, fixed up my hair, put on some clothes and I was ready. 

“Is this what you are wearing?” Sohyun asked, confused. “You are going to meet—“Before she could finish her sentence Jihyun closed . “Anyways why don’t you put on some makeup, accessories?” Jihyun suggested with a nervous laugh.

“I think I look good, you know, decent.” I replied. I had a white v-neck shirt and blue jeans on, with cute not-too-high heels. I don’t get why I looked not okay. “There is no way am I going to change again. You guys can leave without me then” I said. Hmph! I didn’t want to go anyways. I wanted to rest a bit you know.

“It’s okay. You look stunning. Don’t mind them, let’s go.” Gayoon said as she pulled my arm and starting walking towards the door. 

I didn’t ask them about where we were going; I wasn’t interested. I realized that we were getting closer and closer to one of the studios that we had used to film some of our MVs.

“I know this place. Why are we here?”

“Gina unnie is filming her debut MV here and we decided to visit her,” Hyuna said. I knew that they were good friends since forever, or since “Change” whatever. That was nice of her to visit her, but why did we have to tag 
along as well?

“Oh so this is what you guys meant by meeting someone?” I said. Why did I have to look pretty for Gina unnie? I knew her already; it wasn’t like this was our first meeting.

When we went inside the studio I saw Doojoon hugging Gina unnie very intimately. What the hell? I recovered from my shock when I realized that the cameras were filming them. Oh figures. So that’s why Jihyun was so excited to come here. But I still did not get why I was here.

One of the staff ushered us to a place for us to sit and watch the filming. I couldn’t help but snicker whenever Jihyun flinched, her face filled with disgust and jealousy at Gina and Doojoon’s “bed” scenes. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to come here. This was so entertaining. 

When the director finally said cut they took a break and approached us. Jihyun immediately hugged Doojoon while we said our greeting to Gina unnie. She was actually very nice and pretty. I thought she would be kind of mean. She did give off that sort of aura but she was actually nice.

“So Jiyoon have you seen—“Doojoon started to talk, which earned him a kick from Jihyun which was something you would not want considering the heels she was wearing. He looked at her with a confused expression while flinching from the pain.

“Have I seen what?” I asked. Why was Jihyun acting so weird today? I was about to continue complaining to Jihyun when I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

“Not what Jiyoon-ah, but who” the owner of the arms said. I turned around to face him. 

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“You should have asked ‘have I seen who’, not ‘have I seen what’. I am not an object you know.” Junhyung 
replied with his playful smirk.

“I am not asking that. What are you doing here? I thought you were in-“I started to rant. He had just left me a massage that said he was out of the country. How could he be here?

“Well… Surprise!” He said, throwing his arms into the air.

When my brain finally registered that he was actually standing right in front of me I threw my arms around him. He chuckled as he my-now longer-hair. 

“I missed you,” I whispered, blushing. I didn’t want the others hear me. Even though they were already gone after Junhyung’s arrival.

“I missed you, too.” He replied.

“You should have told me you were going to be in the country,” I whined a bit, pouting. Then I realized why Jihyun was acting so weird today. So she also knew but wouldn’t tell me. At least it didn’t end up as a bad thing as I thought it would. But I was mad that they both had lied to me.

“Sorry.” He replied. “I was going to come to the airport right away and surprise you but I had to be here.”

“I guess I’ll forgive you since we haven’t seen each other for ever.” I smiled up at him. I realized that we were still hugging each other, so I broke it off because people were starting to notice us. 

“So when are you going to film your part?” I asked him.

“Oh yeah. Sh- Actually now. They are probably looking for me right now.” He said and we heard the director call his name from his megaphone. “Wanna come and watch?”

“Sure,” I said. I had nothing else to do anyways. Plus I couldn’t spot the girls anywhere. I tagged along with him towards the other set which was built to look like a rooftop.

He went on the stage and I sat down on a chair I found and watched him film. He looked really professional and serious on the set. His rap part was mesmerizing. I loved the fact that he would actually write the lyrics himself. Our boss wouldn’t let us use our lyrics unless they were really good but he was so talented that he would let him write the lyrics even on their promotional songs. 

“sorry ma sweety
naltteonagandaneun niipsuri
oneulttara waeiri wonmangseureo boineunji
(neol butjabayahaneunde)
mari naojianha neonimi meoreojineunde”


After he was done filming his part he appeared next to me. I smiled up to him and stood up. 

“Well I am done filming my part. Do you want to go somewhere?” he offered.

“Sure, you know what let’s go to—“I was cut off with Hyuna’s voice.

“Unniee!!!! Junhyung oppa!!” She called to us ushering us to walk to where she was standing with the rest.

“Yeah?” Junhyung asked.

“Well I am done with my parts and Gina noona will be done soon. So we were saying that we should go drinking all together.” Doojoon said.

“Oh…” I wanted to be with him but I guess this could work as well.

“Sure, let’s do that.”Junhyung said, “If it is okay with you,” he added asking my opinion.

“Of course. It will be fun. But what is Sohyun going to do? My maknae is still underage and I will not let you guys 
spoil her.” I said.

“We are going to a restaurant. She can drink orange juice or something,” Doojoon joked.

“What? Orange juice? Doojoon oppaa!!! Who drinks orange juice for dinner?”

“Well you need to grow up well Sohyun” Jihyun said in her motherly tone, then laughed. “Just order whatever 
you want but no alcohol.” She added.

“Are the rest of the guys going to come?” Gayoon asked. I bet she was wondering if Yoseob was around.

“Most of them have schedules like Kikwang-“I felt peculiar and guilty when I heard his name. When was I going to get used to this? “And Dongwoon. But Hyunseung and Yoseob are free so they will come.” Doojoon said.

“Really? Nice. We can have a cube family dinner together, minus those two.” Sohyun said excitedly. Hyuna looked kind of down when we heard the news for some reason but Gayoon was shining with happiness.

Junhyung’s POV

My schedule was hectic which meant I couldn’t get enough sleep as usual. I love being on stage so I didn’t mind not sleeping enough. I minded the fact that I could not see Jiyoon, though. I mean whenever I would talk on the phone with her during our promos I would end up sleeping on her and find the phone next to my ear after waking up. I felt awful about it but I couldn’t help it. Therefore I decided to make time for her somehow.

I learned from Doojoon that 4minute was coming to S. Korea from Japan during the time when we would have to shoot for G.NA noona’s MV. I could spend some time with her during that day after the shooting.

“Doojoon, do you think I’ll have time to go to the airport?” I asked our leader.

“Jihyun when are you guys going to land here?” 

Oh. He was on the phone, as usual. “Did you hear me?” I asked him. Does he want me to go badass rapper on him? 

“The answer is no. We have a shooting to attend to.” He said. Then, he closed the speaker side of the phone with his hand and added, “Jihyun will kill me if we go. She wants it to be a surprise.” He said rolling his eyes. “Oh, yes of course I’m listening,” Doojoon said and went into another room.

After our short conversation, we went to the shooting location. My parts were not even going to be filmed yet; I should have gone to the airport.

As I was sulking in the corner I heard her voice, or I should say I heard their voices since 4minute girls tend to be quiet loud, hyper and fun.

I approached towards Jiyoon but she did not see me as her back was turned towards me. Doojoon was winching in pain as he was rubbing the lower side of his leg. 

“Have I seen what?” She was asking. Wow, Jihyun and her obsession with surprises. Then I did something that I thought I would never do in front of everyone and hugged her, a back hug that is.

“Not what Jiyoon-ah, but who” I said and she turned around to face me with a shocked expression. 

“What?” 

“You should have asked ‘have I seen who’, not ‘have I seen what’. I am not an object you know.” I stated, 
smirking.

“I am not asking that. What are you doing here? I thought you were in-“She started to rant. Well, I had to make her stop ranting right now.

“Well… Surprise!” I said and throw my hands in the air as a gesture of “Surprises” or “I surrender”; whichever one you choose.

To my surprise, she hugged me. I seriously thought she would continue to be mad at me for “lying” to her.

“I missed you,” She whispered against my chest.

“I missed you, too.” I said. I never thought I would get this cheesy in front of a girl but with Jiyoon I could 
express my feelings, somehow she made me feel… I seriously did not know what to call this feeling.

“You should have told me you were going to be in the country,” She whined, pouting. How many times should I tell her to stop pouting? It was too cute and was driving me insane here! 

“Sorry.” I replied after my mind registered what she said. “I was going to come to the airport right away and surprise you but I had to be here.”

“I guess I’ll forgive you since we haven’t seen each other for ever.” She smiled, and then pulled away from me. 

“So when are you going to film your part?”

Holy Sh!t! I was supposed to film right now. DONGWOON! DONGWOON! DONGWOON! “Oh yeah. Sh- Actually now. They are probably looking for me right now.” I said and heard the director calling for me. 

“Wanna come and watch?” I asked her.

I went on the set and acted out my part. I caught Jiyoon watching me with a thoughtful expression. Did I look cool? I thought to myself. Of course I did! I am the amazing Junhyung. I mentally slapped myself for thinking that.

“Well I am done filming my part. Do you want to go somewhere?” I asked her after finishing my part. I wanted to spend some time alone with her. I actually made plans.

“Sure, you know what let’s go to—“ We heard Hyuna call for us. Man…

“Unniee!!!! Junhyung oppa!!” She called to us ushering us to walk to where she was standing with the rest.

“Yeah?” I asked. Trying to give him the message that I wanted to be alone.

“Well I am done with my parts and Gina noona will be done soon. So we were saying that we should go drinking all together.” My oh-so-smart leader said. Couldn’t he figure out that I wanted to spend some quality time with my girlfriend?

“Oh.” Jiyoon said. Did she want to go with everyone?

“Sure, let’s do that.”I said, and mentally punched myself. “If it is okay with you,” I added quickly hoping that she would disagree.

“Of course. It will be fun. But what is Sohyun going to do? My maknae is still underage and I will not let you guys spoil her.” She said. I guess she really does want to spend time with everyone else after all.

“We are going to a restaurant. She can drink orange juice or something,” Doojoon joked.

“What? Orange juice? Doojoon oppaa!!! Who drinks orange juice for dinner?”Sohyun whined.

“Well you need to grow up well Sohyun” Jihyun said in a motherly tone, then laughed. “Just order whatever you 
want but no alcohol.”

After this I stopped listening. Oh well… I was still going to spend time with her so it was okay, I guess. 
With this we went to the restaurant to eat and so on. Gina noona was extra friendly as she got along with everyone else. While everyone else was talking and having fun I finally managed to get some alone time with Jiyoon. When nobody was paying attention to us I held her hand and pulled her outside the restaurant. 

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I wanted to spend some time alone with you. Don’t you want to have some alone time with me?” I stated.

She smiled up at me and this time she pulled me towards a bench and we sat down. We talked about what we have been doing but mostly stared at each other enjoying the silence since we would not get a chance like this again. 

Then I saw her shiver. “Are you cold?” I asked her. It was summer but summer nights still had the tendency to be cold.

“It’s okay.” She said shaking her head with her arms crossed across her chest. She looked so adorable.

“Do you want to go back inside?” I asked her. I did not want her to get sick.

“No… I want to stay here a bit more with you.” She said, a shy smile forming on her face.

“If I had a jacket I would have given it to you… but… I know how to keep you warm.” I said and leaned in to kiss 
her. She looked shocked by my actions for a second but then she kissed me back. 

After I don’t know how long, we pulled back trying to catch our breath. Her cheeks were crimson red and her hair was a bit disheveled. 

“Are you warm now?” I asked her with a smirk on my face.

She looked away and nodded. “We should go back inside.” She said and got up. I was about to follow the suit but then she ducked next to the bench and motioned for me to go down as well.

“What—“Before I could complete my sentence she shushed me and pointed towards the door of the restaurant. 
I looked at the direction and to my surprise I saw Yoseob and Gayoon, making out. Not something that I wanted to see but I could totally use this against Yoseobie. Haha! He wasn’t always going to be the one doing the mocking. Wait a second. Why did we have to hide?

“Why are we hiding?”I asked Jiyoon but got myself another “shushhh” from her. 

Man, if the paparazzi people were here right now they would have gotten some juicy scandals I thought. Good thing they were not around. Phew.

“Yah. Let’s go back inside,” I told her.

“How? They’ll see us and they might think we were watching them or something,”

“Well… we technically were watching.”

“What?” She said looking at me sternly. “I just did not want them to be embarrassed or something and hid. Not because I wanted to watch them make out or something. That’s gross.”

Oh. 

Yoseob and Gayoon, the two lovebirds, started walking around with their hands intertwined so we took that opportunity to go back inside without getting caught.

“Where were you guys?” Jihyun asked the moment we walked in. She was like a mother-in-law or something. Aish.

“Fresh air you know…” Jiyoon mumbled and sat down. I followed the suit. 

After hanging out a bit more we finally left the place to go to our dorms and get some sleep. We dropped off the 
girls in front of their dorms when our manager hyung came and drove the van for us. Once we got into our dorm my mocking began.

-----