1

The day I met Chanyeol

 

"It's over." "Wh...what??? You're joking right?" "No. It's over." "H..ha..hahahaha... ok that was funny. But now stop it." "I'm not joking." "B..but why???" Tears were already starting to form in my eyes. "Just because... you're annoying." "But you said... you said you love me... just yesterday you said it." "That was a lie... I pitied you ok? Now leave me alone. I can't stand your pitiful face anymore." Right now the emotions I felt couldn't be described... I was sad, confused... angry. "So you pitied me huh??? Because you pitied me you was dating me two months and now you are breaking up with me??? Out of all days the year has you choose this day to break up with me?" "Why? Is there a problem breaking up with you today??? Don't act so surprised... it's not like we were serious anyways..." "IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY YOU MORON!!!" I scream at him and throw the cookies that took me the whole night to make at him. "If you just pity me you shouldn't have started it. I hate people like you. And I definitely don't need your sympathy!" With that I stomp off. Angry at myself for falling for this guy I walk through the park. 
No matter where I look there are happy couples all around... girls with huge stuffed bears or bunches of roses, boys with chocolate made from their girlfriends... and then there is me... the girl that got dumped by her boyfriend at Valentine's Day... Not able to stand all this I run off to hide myself. I can't quite say where I am at the moment...  I'm still new in Seoul. Just moved in here a few weeks ago... actually following my boy... no... ex-boyfriend. Looking at it now I was pretty stupid and naive to do such a thing. Now I have noone I know, no reason to be here and a rooftop room I pay with my part-time job in a restaurant. Congratulations Ae Cha... very well done. 
I end up in some small, dark street... it looks depressing but that matches my mood exactly right now and surely noone will come in here when all those people are occupied with being lovey-dovey.  Finally the sadness overtakes me... although he said we weren't serious... for me it was. I liked him... a lot. And just yesterday everything was ok... I really didn't see that coming.  A hand appeared in front of me and softly wiping my face with a tissue makin me realize that I already started crying. 
"How come a girl like you is crying on a day like this?" The voice seemed confusing familiar to me but I couldn't quite point out whom it belongs to and with my tears still flowing I was unable to really see anything. "I don't know what that has to do with you." I answer a bit more harsh than I planned to. "Oh actually it has nothing to do with me... but it just happens that I have some time and can't stand girls crying..." "Well sorry for that... can't help it. Thank my ex-boyfriend for that." I mumbled but still the boy was able to hear it. "Did he broke up with you today?!?" "Yeah... pitiful isn't it?" Yeah..." Oh awesome... the next guy who pities me... "... I pity this guy for not seeing the beautiful girl infront of him nd being stupid enough to let her go." Surprised I look up... this guy must be joking right??? Who is he anyways??? "Oh look!!! I made you stop crying! Hurrayyyyy!!!" Wiping away the rest of my tears the boy smiles at me. And I swear my surprise couldn't be bigger as I recognize this somewhat creepy but infatious and beautiful smile...
"EXO'S CHANYEOL!!!" Silencing me by putting his hand over my mouth, he drags me to a hidden corner and looks around nervously. "Pssht!! Noone can now I'm here, you know?" "W...why???" "well... it's kind of a long story... you know... it's Valentine's Day, fans are going crazy... especially today. So we were running for our dear lives..." "we??" rubbing his neck awkwardly he laughs at me "ahahaha... I kinda... lost the rest... and I have no plan where I am right now..." "oohh... I understand... well now we are two... I was running away from all this lovey-dovey-couples... and I don't have an idea where I am right now either..." "so I guess we are two lost souls on Valentine's Day in Seoul hun?" "yeah... seems like it... well but I can step out of here anytime without any fear compared to you... if you let my hand go that is..." Seemingly just now remembering he still holds onto me , Chanyeol let me go immediately awkwardly laughing. "Oh... sorry 'bout that... I kinda... nevermind, sorry." "It's ok... not every girl can say that she was able to hold hands with an idol... I guess i have to feel honoured now." I smile at him and get up. "So... Chanyeol-shii... it was nice meeting you... but I guess it's time now for me to go... since I won't get my perfect Valentine's Day anyways I can as well bury myself at home and read a book or something... and first of all get out of this dress..." right now I even regretted the fact that I dressed up for today. 
Turning around I start to walk to the end of the lonely street when a hand grabs mine. Surprised I look back to see Chanyeol holding onto me, blushing a bit. "So you don't have anything to do right now?" "Not really no... why?" "W...would you mind staying here a bit with me?" "What if people find you here and see us together? Wouldn't that be scandal-worthy? Exo's Chanyeol on Valentine's Day with an unknown girl... I can already see the fans going berzerk." "I don't think they would look here... and if they do... we can hide in that container over there!" "You really want me to jump into a bigger garbage can at Valentine's Day while having a dress on???" "ah yeah..." With this pouting look of him he looks down. "Aish ok... I'll stay... but if someone finds us it's your job to protect me from your murderous fans." And there is this creepy, beautiful, heartwarming smile again "I'll be your bodyguard Chanyeol then and protect you from every danger." Laughing I sit back down on the ground. "By the way... my name's Ae Cha..." "That's a pretty name." "Thanks." Sudenly a box of chocolates appears in my sight. "I know... it probably isn't what you would havev wanted for Valentine's Day... and actually it's a gift I got from a fan... but if you don't mind we can share the chocolate and talk a bit?" Questioning he looks at me and I can't help but think that he looks very cute like this... he looks cute the whole time since I met him... just his deep voice doesn't really fit but that's ok.... "Hmm... why not? Not every girl can say she shared Valentine's chocolate with an idol hun?" Laughing he nods and puts a chocolate in my mouth before taking one for himself. Again something that took me by surprise. "You look cute when you're surpised Ae Cha-shii."