Final: Day vs. Night

Just a normal day in EXO Kingdom

 

Writing oneshot is really hard >__<
I don't know anything anymore. I leave the judgement to you guys.
As this is a oneshot so I'm not expecting (still hope tho') for many subscription, but please drop a comment if you can
so I can know that I could actually make this type of story work. Thank you <3<3<3

_________________________________________________________
______
 
EXO Kingdom is your typical mysterious island. No one, not even a 10 year experienced navigator, could ever tell the exact location of that land. There is a thick layer of anisotrophic magnet lying above the island, which obviously makes all types of compasses go out of use, not to mention the island itself doesn't always stays at the same co-ordinates. It moves, from times to times. In Spring, people may have heard that it has appeared in the North, next to the Sapphire Blue Island and there will be rumors about the inhabitants of the two islands woud throw parties through days and nights, enjoying their beautiful Spring season under the eternal blue color of the Sapphire sky. When Autumn comes, EXO Island might have made its way towards the South, passing Shinhwa Changjo Wonderland or Shawol Island, passing the horizon, or might have reached the Dark Zone of the Seven Ocean where the water territory is dominated by the powerful Blackjack and Men in BLAQ Empires, of which people like to have that cold and chic expressions on their faces during the days but turn into playful and crazy characteristics when the nights come.
 
EXO Kingdom, being a adventurous wander, would like to explore every corner of this boundless ocean, so it will continue its voyage to where the fate leads it. If you have enough luck and your destiny blesses you so, you may find the island somewhere in your trip to cross the waters. 
 
 
And once you find island, make sure to pay a visit for a chance of being greeted by the only 12 inhabitants of the island. They are not your average inhabitants as you may know as they are born with special powers. You can call them Fairies, or you can call them Gods.
 
* * * * * * *
 
The Child of Light glides himself off the silky bed as his mental alarm knocks him out of his peaceful slumber. As much as he wants to stay sleeping, he just cannot do that because it is his duty to bring out the sunlights and start a new day. Taking in a deep breath and stretching his shoulders, he gently taps the tiptoe of his left foot on the cool marble floor and a pair of transparent wings appears on his back, smoothly flapping and lifts its owner to the air. The Child of Light starts to sing, and his beautiful musical notes shake the whole world up. In the East, the Sun rises its body up from the skyline, shines down its rays of light to the surface below. 
 
The Dragon King cracks one of his eyes open as the sunshine kisses his gorgeous face. He turns to his side to find that his only concubine has already left their chamber. The King sighs silently, wonders himself why he has to fall for someone who is that much of an early riser so he never has a chance to watch the face he loves so much in deep sleep. However, as always, he leaves the question inconclusive without seeking for an satisfied answer. Love doesn't come with reasons anyway.
 
The King walks into his reading room to find the Royal Messenger has been there waiting for him.
 
"Good morning, Your Majesty."
"Morning Kai, what do you have for me today?"
"I have the invitation from Sapphire Blue Island. They are asking if we can make it to their annual Spring Party next year."
"For that I will have to leave a message for the Phoenix Queen. We will probably send back a reply within 2 months."
"I understand. I will send them a notice in advance."
"Anything else?"
"That is all I have for today, My King. I will take my leave so you can continue your daily routine."
 
With a finger snap, the Royal Messenger vanishes into the thin air. The King takes his step to behind his working desk and pulls down the Ocean map. One of his daily jobs is to keep track on the places they have visited and continue to outline the schedule for the next years. Sometimes they will come back to the old places to visits friends, sometimes they have invitations from people they haven't met, and all of  those circumstances would make them change their itinerary. It sounds like simple job but considering of what you need to map out a complete route for a neverending adventure on the vast waters, certainly no one wants to be in his shoes. His second daily job is to check on the defending barriers set up by the Child of Thunder and the Child of Wind, to find out if there is any gap or problem with their defence. As usual his black membrance wings help him to soar freely into the sky, but he has to be careful to not enter the barrier zone or else he is going to end up like all the attackers from the sea or other islands. No one, except the ones who create those barriers, know to decode the system, even if he is the King of this land. 
 
Outside the palace, life is getting busy. The Child of Earth is using his skilful fingers to cut the marbles into blocks with all types of shapes and puts them on the ground next to the Royal Architect. Luhan makes a quick scan through his design drawing one more time, then moves those blocks with the orders from his mind transmitting through the waves of his slender fingers into the  flattened surface. They are building another splendid Gazebo in the Royal Garden for their beloved Phoenix Queen.
 
"Later I will decorate it with white roses and liliums. Her Majesty would really love it."
"Brilliant choice as ever, Luhan. With Suho's magical water and a bit of Baekhyun's sparks of light, the flowers will bloom fully in no time. Her Majesty will be able to enjoy the view by tonight."
 
Both construction workers grin widely at each other, being all happy over the expecting result of their wonderful teamwork. Suddenly there is a pop sound coming from the air and Kai appears, floating a little above D.O's face. The Messenger lets out a small chuckle before bends down to kiss the Child of Earth. Slowly he drops himself to the ground because the other's embrace is reaching out for him. They break the kiss with smiles and laughs, looking straight into the other' eyes and lean in for a last smooch before Kai, once again, disappear to who-know-where.
 
After a few more hours of concentration and no other disturbance, the workers finally can contemplate their little, well, not that little, piece of art with satisfaction. The Gazebo is made from cloudy white marble, built on a stylobate with short triple-stepped crepidoma, four pillars located at four corners of the roof with shallow grooves running vertically along them. The only thing left is to decorate those pillars with roses and liliums, which Luhan has prepared beforehand. The rest of this job depends on D.O, Suho, and Baekhyun. 
 
"Kai, ask Suho and Baekhyun to come here please."
"Anything for you, my love." Kai's voice comes from the sky.
 
* * * * * * *
 
The King makes his way out of the palace and walks into the Royal Garden. He is looking for Suho and he finds the Water Controller standing under the Water Fountain with a huge statue of a Dragon and a Phoenix facing two opposite sides installed in the middle, exchanging greetings with Lay, the Royal Physician.
 
"Suho, I need you help."
"I am listening to your command, Your Majesty."
"It seems that we are reaching near Tropical latitudes. The weather is getting warmer so I believe D.O would ask for more frequent watering. Besides, we may stay inside these latitudes for about one month and we cannot risk the chance of losing the upcoming harvest, which is in two weeks, so please pull an extra care."
"I understand, Your Majesty. I will have a talk with..."
"Suho, D.O and Luhan ask to see you. They are at the front Royal Garden." The husky voice of the Messenger strikes through the sky.
 
Suho looks at the Dragon King to ask for his permission for leaving. The King gives him an approving smile and watches Suho's figure turns into a thin layer of water and slowly disappears. The King takes steps closer to Lay, his Royal Physician, his only concubine, his greatest love in this world. Lay greets his King with a gentle smile and a small dimple at the end of the curve, until his face, which has been shining under the beautiful sunlight, is engulfed into the black shadow of the taller man as he seeks out Lay's lips for a kiss. 
 
"My dear, for once let me see your sleeping face."
"My beloved, as being a selfish person as I am, I want to be the only who could ever see your sleeping face."
 
A huge water ball is thrown into the air, and a second later it bursts down. The artificial rain brings in coolness and releases the living beings on the island from the hotness of the afternoon Sun. Lay chuckles as he sees his King is all wet with the unannounced attack of the Water Controller, even though he is not that dry either. The King runs his fingers through the silky hair of his lover and then pulls him into another kiss, this time they kiss under the seven color-ed bridge that Yixing has just created by waving his index finger.
 
* * * * * * *
 
The moment the Child of Light lets out the first yawn, he knows it is time for the night to come. He flaps his wings to get up to the air once again, using a mellow ballad to sing the Sun to sleep. Slowly the Sun falls down in the West and Stars and Moon gradually gather into the night sky. Being a heavy Sun magic user, night-time quickly makes Baekhyun exhausted. He manages to drag his feet back to his chamber and nearly falls down at the entrance if the tall figure is not there to wait for him. 
 
"My...you..up already?"
"Yes, my love. Let me help you to bed."
"No, you can...not...it is..."
 
And Baekhyun falls into deep sleep, not being able to finish his line. The other one carries him in bridal style to the silky bed that they share every night for only a few hours, after the other finishes his night job and before Baekhyun has to leave to let a new day to come. However, both are happy as long as they can be in each other's embrace, no matter how short the time is.
 
The taller fixes his attire and hair, before getting to the Main Palace. He has to look perfect, in every angle. After all, he is the Phoenix Queen.
 
"Your Majesty, Tao is waiting for you at the Control Room."
"Thank you, Kai."
 
The Queen makes his way to the said room to find the Time Controller is marking down the timeline of the island's voyage. The Time Controller's job is to make records on how many months or years it takes to travel from one island to another. He also need to predict the time for the island to travel from this location to the future one, using datum and numbers provided by the Child of Wind. That must be the reason why he has that scary dark rings around his eyes, even though he himself is a very gentle person. 
 
"You need me for something, Tao?"
"Your Majesty, His Majesty left a message about the Sapphire Blue Island inviting us to their annual Spring Party next year. He is asking if you would want to visit them again since he seems to notice that you really like that...hands rubbing dance of them."
"They call it Sorry Sorry dance. Tao, you can remember all these numbers of geographic mile and such simple name don't get into your head?"
"Numbers and words are different, Your Majesty. Also he asks you to take extra cares for the upcoming harvest since we are reaching the Tropical Latitudes in...I believe, 5 days."
 
The Queen sighs. He was intended to swiftly finish all the tasks so he can have a little more time to stay in bed with his beloved Baekhyun. However, obviously he just can't.
 
"First, yes, I want to attend the Spring Party at Sapphire Blue Island, so please calculate the time to travel back there and inform His Majesty so he could make the official reply. Second, since we are coming back to the North, also tell him to send a notice to the Aff(x)tion Island and ask them to prepare Krystals for us. We need to restock before the next flower season."
"I understand, Your Majesty."
"Last, the extra cares for the harvest. Kai, by tomorrow tell Baekhyun to limit the amount of light on the field part of the island. For now, tell Sehun and Xiumin to meet me at the field."
"Yes, Your Majesty."
 
The Queen leaves the room and makes his way down the hallway to reach the field located at the very end of the island, the field of EXO Flower. This kind of flower is very rare and special, originally from this island, can only be cultivated in this island, and their blooming comes in every 12 years. The flower has two layers of total 12 petals, first layer of 6 petals forms a shape of flower bud and the outside layer encloses the bud with a loose embrace. There is one black petal from the outside layer which has a thin cut from the tip down to flower cup. The other petals are in transparent color. 
 
Tending this kind of flower is not any normal gardening task. There are four factors for the flowers to reach the their state of blooming. First is the balance of sunlight during the day, too much or too little would leads to the result of the flowers burning into ashes. Second is the balance of water as just with several more droplets than its need, the flowers will die from being waterlogged. Third is balance of the mist during the night so the flowers can absorb the chill from the air and produce the color of transparence, but too much of the coldness will result the flowers broken into crystal pieces. The final is the most important and the hardest one to make, the Krystal powder that will be scattered throughout the field by the night breezes controlled by Sehun. This powder can only be produced by burning the Krystals from the Aff(x)tion Island with the Queen's hot flame in 2000 degrees Celsius and Xiumin's cold flame in -2000 degrees in 120 consecutive days.
 
The flowers are this island's trading tool as they also need to purchase grains and other foods. Having special powers only means that they need twice the amount of food for normal people.
 
Done with his field task, the Queen goes to the front of the Palace and finds himself surprised and stunned by the new Gazebo with white roses and liliums climbing along the pillars.
 
"How do you like this, Your Majesty?"
"Luhan, I really love it."
 
The Royal Architect smiles at his Queen while waving his legs by the edge of the Gazebo's roof. He is waiting for the Child of Wind to come so they can spend the night watching the stars. Luhan has finished his task today so tomorrow maybe he will stay sleeping with Sehun during the day. A sudden wind rushes through his already messy hair as the Child of Wind lands his feet next to his lover and pulls him into a hug. Luhan wants to stay in the warmth but he is afraid that his Queen might become emotional seeing their intimacy as he cannot have much time being together with his beloved. It is the tragedy of falling in love with someone using the opposite magic. However, the Queen just smiles gently at the scene. He knows, that his feeling to the Child of Light can overcome any hardship that their destiny brings to them.
 
Sehun starts to dance, on the Gazebo's roof, with the dance of grace, and the dance of love and passion. The winds drifts along every movement of his body, also causing the strong movement of every grass on the ground. Leaves from trees and petals from flowers scatter through the winds as the Dancer does a high jump from the roof to the sima of the Palace, cutting the silhouete of the full moon into half. There does he stand and bow. Tonight performance has just ended. 
 
Half the night-time has passed. The Queen is sitting inside the Gazebo, gazing at the Stars. He would have gone back to his chamber if he doesn't have to wait for the Child of Thunder to come and report on his duty. The said man is this island's Hunter and currently he is out hunting for a rare species of shark, the black blooded sharks that only make their appearance around this water territory. This is also the reason why they have been anchoring on this water area for around 2 months already. Yet, the Hunter seems not to find his luck. 
 
The Hunter is riding the dark clouds back to the Palace as he notices his Queen is sitting by the Gazebo in the front Royal Garden. He decides to make a curvy turn to the Gazebo and lands down right in front of the Queen. With a tight clutch of the fingers, he makes his weapon in the shape of a cold steel made by lightning disappeared. It is time to end hunting anyway.
 
"Please accept my apology, Your Majesty. I haven't got the beast yet."
"Have you got it located?"
"I have marked down their territory. There are two of them. The female seems to be in its pregnancy so I decide to catch the male."
"How many more days do you need, Chen?"
"If you believe me, please give me 3 more days to bring the beast to you, Your Majesty."
"Never do I have doubt in your capability, Chen. 3 day period is just perfect, which means His Majesty doesn't have to change our schedule route."
"I am glad to hear that. I wish you the best, Your Majesty." 
 
The Child of Thunder makes his bow to the Queen and leave on the dark clouds to check on the barriers for the last time of the day. He doesn't have to do mending task as His Majesty doesn't send a notice on any problem. That would mean the barriers are still in perfect shape but double check is not a redundant act. The Queen stays sitting for a short more time to enjoy the fascinating night sight before goes back to his own chamber, where his beloved is still deep in his slumber. The Queen leans in and gives Baekhyun his usual cotton candy kiss before slips himself into the silky bed. Pulling Baekhyun into his arms, the Queen feels his lover snuggling onto the crook of his neck. The Queen gently the other's hair with his fingers and slowly close his eyes. They sleep, hugging each other, pressing their warmth into the other, until it is Baekhyun's turn to leave their lovely nest and start another day.
 
Then it will be just another normal day in EXO Kingdom.