Yemin

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: KyuWookBiasedStalker

Pairing: Yemin

Theme: Mermen, specifically Yesung


I rolled my eyes as my father scolded me for what felt like the billionth time today.  I amused myself by summoning a pod of dolphins and watching as they played around.

"Yesung!  Are you listening?!" my father roared and the dolphins immediatley disappeared and I saw a large wave forming on the surface of the water.  I winced slightly, that would be nasty when it hit the shore.  My father growled angrily and I reluctantly looked up at him, making sure my expression was bored and uncaring.  My father saw the look on my face and the vein in his neck popped out in the force of his fury.

He clenched his fists, gave me the dirtiest look he could muster, and angrily swam out of the room, the various sea creatures parting to make a path for their angered king.  I sighed in relief, happy that the unpleasant encounter was over.  I looked up and saw my younger brother, Donghae, swimming towards me.

He plopped down on the kelp bed beside me and studied me silently.  He then looked up at the massive waves that were forming on the surface of the ocean we called our home, and he finally asked,

"What did you do now?  I assume it was pretty bad because dad is definatley having a fit.  I feel really bad for those humans living near the shore.  A serious tsunami is heading their way..." 

I sighed tiredly, and with a flick of my wrist I calmed the waves.  As the crown prince of the Pacific, I was the only one with powers strong enough to counter my father's.  Donghae smiled at me, and nodded in approval at my actions.  He knew I would never let innocent humans pay for my screw-ups.  My brother waited patiently and I finally told him,

"Well you know how dad wanted to arrange a marriage between me and that princess from the Indian Ocean?"

He nodded and I continued,

"Well we met today and let's just say things didn't go so well..."

Donghae let out a muffled chortle and I glared at him.  He snorted and asked,

"So the rumors I head were true?  You really tripped while carrying the ceremonial crab, and it ended up falling in her hair?" 

I grimaced and my brother burst out into hysterical laughter.

"Oh sweet Poseidon Yesung!  That's like the fifth marriage negotiation you've botched this month!  Well, I suppose they don't call you Fail Yesung for nothing"

I huffed in indignation at my brother's words.  Seeing that it was a touchy subject, Donghae softened his tone and reassured me,

"Don't worry hyung, everything happens for a reason.  Maybe the Fates are holding out, they must have big plans for you" 

I smiled at his attempt to comfort me, and I touched his upper lip by way of thanking him.  He jerked his head back and whined,

"Aish hyung!"  I just laughed maniaclly and quickly swam out of the castle before my brother came chasing after me.

I swam up from the chilly depths where our castle lay, and swam closer to the shore where it was warmer and the sun's rays actually penetrated the water.  I relished the feeling of the light on my silvery tail.  I watched as the bright rays glinted of my shimmery scales, creating little rainbows in the blue water.

As much as I enjoyed the sight, I still hated my tail.  It was just a permanent reminder of all my shortcomings as the crown prince.  Only the first son born to the king of the Pacific had a silver tail.  It was a universal badge of my authority, and a threat to all that I was endowed with the power of the world's largest body of water. 

Not that I wanted the supremacy, honestly it all came as burden that I would have loved to escape.  I swam to the opening of a little cove that I had discoved a few years back.  The water was serene here, and I had long ago made this my haven. 

Truthfully, there was also another reason I liked to come to this particular spot.  The cove was hidden by rocks, so I could easily observe the shore with out the fear of detection.  There was one particular individual that I always seemed to pick out.  He was always on the beach, and I just took to watching him.

He never went in the water, staying just out of the reach of the frothy waves.  He sat on the white sand and just stared out into the sea, a strange expression on his face.  I could never get close enought to decipher his look, and as time went on, I felt myself growing more and more curious.

I pushed myself out of the water, and using my strong arms, I hoisted myself so that my torso was positioned on the top of a algae covered rock.  I shook my jet black hair from my eyes so I could better observe the boy.

He was relatively small and compact.  Even though he was a guy, there was a certain feminine softness to his face and features.  He had shiny black hair that gently framed his face, just skimming the top of his eyes.  His lips were pursed, and his top lip had a distinctive 'M' shape that caused my hand to twitch with the desire to touch it.

I felt a pull towards the boy, but I reasoned that it was just my curiosity as to why he was always there, day after day.  I watched as he fiddled with a pink, square device touching its smooth surface before huffing and putting it away.  After that, he just stared out at the blue line where the sky met the water.

Suddenly, I felt a strong shift in the water's current and I whipped my head out towards the open water.  It wasn't visible yet, but I could feel a huge tidal wave building up from the ocean's depths.  I cursed as I remebered that my father was still in a really pissy mood.  Since I had gotten out of the water, my powers were not strong enough to counteract his, and his anger now played havoc on the tides.

I submerged myself, and tried to calm the sea, but it was already too strong, as the wave picked up deadly momentum.  I pushed back as hard as I could, but I knew it would do little to soften the blow.  My mind jumped to the solitary boy sitting on the shore.  Even if he started running now, he would be unable to escape, and would be swept up in the wave.

I quickly swam out of the cove and headed towards the shore.  I timed it so I was riding the crest of the wave, using its force to push me along at accelerated speeds.  I winced as I heard the huge wave crash against the shore, and imediatley started searching for the familar figure in the water.  I didn't have to look long because in a matter of minutes, his body floated past me.

I grabbed him, alarmed that he wasn't splashing or struggling against the water's pull.  My eyes widened in fear as I remembered how fragile humans were.  Unlike me, they could not breath both on land and in water, and I knew that their lungs could not survive with out oxygen for very long.

I calculated he had been submerged for about thirteen minutes.  I felt his chest and was alarmed to feel only the faint beating of his heart.  It was beating softly and erratically, and I knew it could stop any second.  I didn't have enough time to get him back to the surface, so I did the only thing I could to save him.

I pressed his cold, lifeless lips against mine.  I summoned my powers and opened my mouth to breath the charged air into his mouth.  I blew in my magic, praying that it would be enough to salvage him.  Luckily, I felt his heart beat grow stronger, and color started to return to his deathly white skin.

I hurredly swam, the boy in my arms.  I needed to get him to safety, he would be fine in the water now, and my main concern was getting him away from my father's senses.  I took him to my private quarters, the only space in the Pacific that my father could not enter as he pleased.  My powers were strong enough to create an impenetrable barrier.

I tucked the still unconcious boy into my bed and then panicked slightly.  I swam around in a flurry, occassionally glancing at my bed which would then send me into another round of freaking out.  Suddenly my doors opened and Donghae glided in, a smug look on his face.

"How... did you get in here?"  I asked, standing in front of my bed, shielding the boy from my brother's gaze.  Donghae rolled his eyes and shot back,

"Puh-lease!  You may be able to keep everyone else out, but I'm your favorite dongsaeng, I know how to get around your barrier.  Besides, I think you're trying to avert my attention from that hot piece of tail laying in your bed" 

I sighed, my brother had always been very perceptive.  I swatted his hand away as he reached over to touch the boy's face.

"Ya!  Don't touch him!"  I scolded and Donghae chuckled lightly,

"Oooh, someone's a little over-protective!" 

I growled and was about to tackle my cackling dongsaeng when a soft rustling from the bed drew both our attention.  The black haired boy was sitting up rubbing his eyes confusedly.  We both froze as he looked around, his eyes growing wide and frantic.  His eyes focused on me, and more specifically my tail and his mouth opened in shock.  He scooted back until he hit the backboard of my bed, the blanket slipping off him revealing his legs.

I felt my brother freeze beside me, and I heard him gasp.

"Yesung... you didn't... oh Poseidon!  A human?!" 

I shot him a look, begging him to keep his cool.  I slowly approached the terrified male trying to calm him down. 

"Okay, don't panic... I know this looks bad, but I promise everything is okay"  He looked at me warily before asking,

"Where am I?"  I stopped momentarily, distracted by the smooth beauty of his voice.  I just stared st him, in a daze.  Donghae cleared his throat and explained gently,

"You are in the royal palace of the Pacific, more specifically, in the crown prince's bed chamber"  Donghae gestured to me, indicating that I was the prince in question.  The boy's eyes were totally unconvinced and I heard him mumble,

"God, I have got to stop drinking wine before I sleep... this is the most ed up dream I've ever had..."

I watched in confusion as he pinched himself.  He looked around and pinched himself again, his skin turning a bright pink color.  Hie eyes grew wild and he squeaked fearfully.  I shot Dongahe a confused look and he just shrugged, just as mystified as I was.  The boy in the bed began to shake abd he tried to stand up.  However, since were underwater he just sorta floated above the pearl floors of my bed room. 

"How did I get here!?  And who are you!?" 

I approached him slowly, a little worried that he would pass out from his shock.

"Okay, you are in the Pacific ocean.  My father is the king of the Pacific, my name is Yesung and I'm the heir, and this is my younger brother Donghae" 

I just stood, waiting for his reaction.  He blinked blankly, but slowly took a deep breath as realization kicked in.

"Okay" he breathed, obviously trying to stay calm, "and how did I get here, and why can I breathe underwater?"

"Well, there was a tidal wave and it pulled you under.  I tried to save you, but by the time I got there your condition was too critical.  I breathed in some of my magic so you could live.  You can now breathe under water but... umm..."  I trailed off, and he looked at me worredly,

"But what?"

I cringed, not wanting to explain the situation to him.  Luckily, Donhae jumped in and said quietly,

"You won't ever be able to return to land"

"WHAT!?!?" he shrieked.  Running his hands through his hair in agitation.  I nodded weakly and told him the rest of the distressing news,

"Also, you will undergo the transformation.  I'm really sorry, but you will end up like us" 

He stared at me and whispered in a flat voice,

"You turned me into a fish!?!"  I nodded, avoiding his eyes. 

"!" he cursed as he looked down at his legs.  The transformation always happened quickly, and his legs were already fusing together as the start of his tail.  He shook his legs, and tried to seperate them, but the attempt was in vain. 

"You will be a merman by tomorrow" Donghae informed him, doing his best to sound cheerful.  The boy just glared at him then turned to me and shouted,

"Get out!"  We looked at him, confused by his request.  He grumbled and turned a light shade of red,

"Well if I'm gonna be a freakin' fish, I gotta get rid of my pants and there's no way in hell I'm doing it in front of you.  So please get out" 

My brother and I both nodded and rushed over to the door.  Just before we left I managed to ask,

"Oh, by the way, what should we call you?"

"Sungmin" he hissed, before throwing a pillow in my direction, "Now get out!"

I hurried to comply and shut the door firmly behind me.  Dongahe looked at me with a guarded expression and I smiled sheepishly.  He shook his head and muttered,

"Fail Yesung"  Then he asked me, "Why didn't you tell him the whole thing"

I sighed,

"I didn't want to freak him out"  He rolled his eyes,

"I'm pretty sure he's freaked out as it is.  You should have just given him all the bad news at once"  I nodded, knowing Donghae was right, but how was I supposed to tell him?  How could you tell a stranger that he was now permanently bonded to a merman?  How was I supposed to tell Sungmin that he was now my predestined partner for life?

**********

2 years later...

I smiled brightly as I saw the pink flash of my lover's tail.

"Minnie" I said happily, holding out my arms to embrace my cute boyfriend.  He giggled and hugged me, presing a sweet kiss on my temple.  We were currently making plans for our wedding.

At first, I worried that my father would be mad.  He had planned to use my marriage to strengthen his empire by uniting the Pacific with other influential bodies of water.  However, my father seemed to develop a soft spot for my pink tailed love, so he approved in the end.

I laughed softly as I thought back to the month immediatley following Sungmin's transformation.  He was moody, and grumpy and bitter at the whole world.  He couldn't even look at me without glaring, and hissing.  However, things changed one night when I saw him curled up in a little ball, crying his eyes out.

I didn't know what came over me, but I found myself embracing him, and letting him cry onto my chest.  That night he told me why he always looked so sad when he looked at the sea.  The ocean had taken his mother and father from him, leaving him all alone.  That was also the night that I assured him that the ocean was now giving him a family... that's when I told him about our permanent bond.

I expected him to be angry, but I was shocked when he actually smiled through his tears.  Something about seeing his genuine smile made my heart flutter, and that's when I started to think that maybe I wouldn't mind being his mate.  After that, things went better for us, and we slowly came to love each other.  I knew he still missed his life on land, but I was comforted with the knowledge that he actually liked his life in the sea. 

Now we found ourselves cuddled up together in the same bed, planning out the particulars of our day of union.  Dongahe was with us, smiling as we cuddled and laughed happily.  We started kissing, forgetting about my dongsaeng until he whined,

"Ya!  Cut it out you guys!  Get a freakin' room!"  Sungmin pulled away and shot my brother a pointed look,

"This is our room, if you don't like it then scram!"  I laughed as Donghae huffed, and swam out of the room, sticking his tongue out at both of us.  Once he was gone, Sungmin greedily reclained my lips, causing me to chuckle at his eagerness.


Okay, I know this was rushed, and kind of didn't make sense at the end, but I was having trouble writing this one... I got serious writer's block

Sorry KyuWookBiasedStalker, I hope you're not too disapponted with this...