Hanchul

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: KyuWookBiasedStalker

Pairing: Hanchul

Theme: angst

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the angry red slash marks that marked the pale skin of his thighs and upper arms.  He bit his lip, averting his eyes as he hurredly pulled the blankets back up to cover his battered body.  I felt my hands shake and I felt angry tears prick the back of my eyes.

"W-hat happened to y-you!?" I demanded shakily, not able to erase the horrible state of my best friend's body from my head.

"It's nothing" he whispered, still not meeting my eyes.

He made an attempt to send me one of his signiture smirks, but it came out forced and uncertain.  I felt the anger build up in me.  I yanked the covers back off of him, exposing his bare body once again.  My breath caught in my throat as I was able to see the full extent of his injuries.

Big purple bruises discolored his snowy skin and angry red welts dotted his back and arms.  Cuts in various stages of healing covered his whole body like spider webs.  Marks that appeared to be cigarette burns lay scattered on his chest and legs.  Rope burns scarred his wrists, ankles, and most notably his neck.

"H-heechul..." I stammered, not able to rip my eyes away from his body.

He didn't answer and stared down at his lap, silently.  Without another word I marched to his closet and took out a large suitcase.  I began throwing his clothes and other belongings into the bag.  He watched me quietly, not making any move to stop me or help me.

Once his bag was packed I slung it over my shoulder, unaffected by it's weight, and walked towards him.  I gently lifted his chin so he was looking into my eyes.  He resisted weakly, but it appeared that he wasn't in any physical state to fight me.

"You're coming to live with me" I said firmly, making it clear that I wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. 

I threw him some clothes and averted my eyes as he dressed slowly, occasionally wincing in pain.  Once he was done, I gently helped him out of the apartment and towards my car.  I sped off towards the safety of my apartment.

I looked over and smiled sadly when I saw that he had fallen asleep.  I had been so worried about him, and it turned out I had good reason to be.  My fists clenched around the steering wheel as I cursed myself for waiting so long to act.  I could tell that something was off with him lately, but I had no idea that this was the reason.

My eyes flashed dangerously as images of his wounds flashed before my eyes.  They were obviously not self inflicted, and I grit my teeth knowing who was responsible.

When Heechul started dating Siwon, I was happy for him.  Siwon was charming, wealthy, and from a good family.  He appeared to be a perfect gentleman, always courteous and polite to a fault.  Secretly, I always felt like there was something slightly off about him.  I didn't believe anyone could be as perfect as he seemed, and sadly, it looked like I was right.

When we finally got to my apartment, he was sleeping so peacefully, I couldn't bring myself to wake him.  I walked to his side of the car and slid my hands under his legs to carry him.  I frowned when I felt how light he was, and I shook my head sadly as I examined his sunken cheeks and dark rings under his eyes.

I quietly tucked him into my bed, piling blankets and pillows around his frail figure.  I headed to the kitchen to start cooking, he needed to eat desperatley.  About half way through my cooking, a strangled cry made me abandon my wok and run to the bedroom.

Heechul was curled into a little ball, tears streaming down his face as he sobbed loudly.  When I entered, he turned his terrified eyes onto me and begged,

"You need to take me back!  P-please!  If he finds out I'm gone, h-he'll kill me!  He'lll kill you too!"

He was starting to get hysterical now, and he began to shake violently as he continued to panic.  I didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to calm him down.  He was so fragile right now, that the stress could just stop his heart.  Without really thinking, I sat down beside him, enveloping him in my arms.

He struggled weakly at first, but soon he just buried his face in my chest and cried.  I his hair and back whispering soothing words until I felt his heart rate slow down.  When his sobs had reduced to sniffles I pulled back and studied his tear streaked face seriously.

"Why didn't you tell me?  Why did you stay?" I asked quietly, regretting the questions as soon as they left my mouth.

I felt him stiffen, but I didn't rescind the question.  He looked up at me with broken, pained eyes,

"I love him, Hannie... I love him..."

**********

Heechul had been with me for about a year now.  Recovery had been a long and tedious process, mostly because Heechul would never accept that Siwon was at fault.  He always insisted that Siwon only punished him because he deserved it.  Acceptance was always the most difficult issue, and he battled it every day. 

In a physical sense, Heechul was much improved.  His wounds healed, and he was back to a healthy weight.  Slowly, he was turning back into the Heechul I knew and loved.

Yes, loved.  I had loved Heechul for a long time, but when I found out that he was dating Siwon, I backed off.  I wasn't about to into his relationship when he was happy.  Now, I wished with all my heart that I hadn't created distance between us.  If I had been more aware, more involved in his life, then I would have noticed what was going on much sooner.

My phone rang, and I glanced down at the caller id before answering.  It was the police station.  I had secretly filed for a restraining order against Siwon.  I knew he had been mad as hell when I rescued Heechul, and I knew he was doing everything he could to go around the law.

Unfortunately, Heechul still refused to press charges.  He insisted that he knew Siwon was wrong to hurt him, but he still refused to take legal action.  He told me he just didn't want to relive the pain.  I accepted his reasoning, but I still worried that he was protecting his abuser.  However, he was stubborn and I didn't try to change his mind.

"Hannie!"

I quickly hung up the phone when Heechul called me.  I didn't want him to be involved with Siwon, I didn't want him to be reminded.  He walked into the living room, shooting me one of his signiture smirks as he announced.

"I swear, sometimes I wake up and am just amazed at how beautiful I am!"

I snorted and rolled my eyes, but was secretly pleased to see his conceited personality shine through.  It had taken a while for him to regain his confidence, and I was proud of his progress.  He walked over and flopped down next to me on the couch, laying his head on my lap.

I automatically reached down to pet his long red locks.  He snuggled into me and I smiled.  It was times like this when I actually let myself hope that I had a chance with him.  He had assured me that he was never going to love again, but I hoped I would prove to be an exception.

"I'm hungry" he announced, raising his eyebrow expectantly.

I rolled my eyes good naturedly and muttered,

"Diva"

He smiled cheekily and said,

"True, but you love me anyway"

I grinned, feeling my heart rate pick up just a bit as I answered,

"True, very true"

I stood up and headed towards the front door ready to run to the market.  I didn't even bother asking him if he wanted to come, I knew he wasn't about to leave the comfort of the couch.  I quickly bought the ingrediants to make Beijing fried rice, my specailty and his favorite.

I hurried back home, smiling happily.  I pulled my key out to unlock the door, but I dropped it and the groceries as I saw the door had been knocked of its hinges, leaving it swinging dangerously.  My heart dropped anhd I sprinted inside, praying that my worst fears hadn't come true. 

My blood boiled when I heard Heechul's yelps and the sound of skin against skin.  I felt the bile and hate rise in my throat when I saw Heechul on the ground, clutching his red, swollen cheek.  Siwon stood above him, smiling cruelly. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" I yelled, my hands clenching into to fists.

I lunged at Siwon, and although he was taller and stronger I managed to smash my fist agaist his nose, shattering it.  I huffed and my eyes clouded over with rage.  I coiled, ready to hit him again, but was stopped when Heechul stood in front of him, shielding him.

"Chul, move!" I ordered, eyes still blazing in fury.

There were tears in his eyes, and his cheek was already showing signs of bruising, but he didn't move away.

"S-stop" he begged me.

"Why do you protect him!?" I snarled, "He beats you and treats you like crap!  He's killing you!"

Heechul hung his head, refusing to meet my eye,

"I know" he whispered, tears leaking from his eyes, "but I love him... I just love him..."

I just stared, not knowing how to react.  Siwon stood, smiling triumphantly, and wrapped his arm around Heechul.  He led him towards the door.  I stared straight ahead, not making any move to stop him.  As he passed by me, Heechul whispered,

"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry"

But he still went with Siwon.  I don't know how long I stood there, paralyzed by my anger and my pain.  Finally, I slid down into a sitting position.  My heart felt like it had dissolved.  I didn't feel pain anymore, only a cold numbness that spread throughout my body.

I chuckled humorlessly.  I didn't have a chance... I never had a chance.  It didn't matter that I loved and cared for him.  It didn't matter that Siwon beat him, and starved him half to death.  Heechul loved him, not me. 

I closed my eyes, and a single tear rolled down my face as I smiled,

"I love you Heechul... I hope you'll be happy..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this is just so... ugh

I was really having trouble with angst today and I know this is generic and uninspired.  I'm really sorry for this KyuWookBiasedStalker

Anyway, I have Teukchul comedy with Suju kids for FubukiHell coming up

Thanks for reading the crap I post you guys, I really appreciate it! <3