Sticky Mess

Apricot Jam

 

"Good morning, Seoul! It's a beautiful, bright Sunday morning today... Not so hot right now, but are you ready for the intense heat in the afternoon? Here's some tips to keep you cool!"

Himchan yawns loudly. His mouth is dry, his skin sticky from the heat already. He's too tired to make the trip across the dorm and take a shower. The rest of the members are all asleep anyway — He might as well utilize this time well and relax before Junhong tries to make something explode in the living room.

The radio plays quietly in the background as Himchan cut two strawberries up while he waits for his bread to finish toasting. His eyes are still full of sleep and he almost cuts off his finger when the slices of toast pop out. Cursing in English, the black haired boy stops what he's doing and goes to the sink, splashing water on his face to wake himself up.

"We expect a high 33 degree celsius in the afternoon! Wow! Now make sure to keep those tips in mind..."

Himchan sighs and turns the radio down. The too-happy, loud voice is irritating him. Sundays are supposed to be taken in slowly and lazily. So that's what how he's going to treat it.

He pours some cornflakes into his favorite bowl and puts the strawberries on top. There's a jar of apricot jam that's begging for his attention in the fridge, so he gets that too and somehow balances the cereal, the toast, and the jam in his hands all the way to the balcony. 

As he digs into his cereal, Himchan listens to the sounds of Seoul. There's honking in the distant, birds chirping above him, and some landscapers yelling at each other as they plant flowers around their building complex. He wishes everyone would just... calm down. 

Halfway through his cereal, Himchan's eyes fall upon the apricot jam sitting next to the plate of toast. It's a shame, really, that none of the other members would ever know how delicious the jam is. Himchan's always been greedy about it, letting no one touch it. He only gets two jars in the mail from his Aunt every year after all, and it's so good... He decides to leave it alone for now and continues to eat his cereal. He'll save the best for last. 

The glass door slides open behind him and Jongup steps onto the balcony barefoot. He's wearing his pajamas still — a white t-shirt and black gym shorts. "Good morning, hyung." He greets quietly before taking a seat across from him. 

Himchan smiles immediately, leaning forward on an elbow. "Did you sleep well, Jonguppie?" 

"Yeah." Jongup grins sheepishly. He eyes the food in front of Himchan and immediately, his stomach growls. Aish. Jongup rubs his stomach, cheeks reddening.

The older boy makes a face before laughing. "Here, finish it." He pushes the rest of his cereal towards Jongup and leans back to stretch. Jongup takes a few bites, but starts to eye the jar at the center of the table.

"Hyung."

"Hm?"

"Could I—" 

"No." Himchan says immediately. "It's mine." 

Ugh. Jongup frowns, but it soon turns into a pout, "Come on, hyung. Let me try a little..." 

Himchan studies him quietly, eyes narrowing. It doesn't take long for him to give up in defeat though. There wasn't much left anyway, and Jongup frowning does weird things to his heart. 

"Fine. You can have a taste." Himchan says bitterly. He scoops up a small spoonful and holds it out in front of Jongup's mouth. The younger boy smiles brightly and opens nice and wide, only to miss the spoon and have the jam fall onto his shirt.

"Oh..." 

"...Seriously?"

Jongup shrugs lightly and smiles. "Sorry, hyung." 

Himchan rolls his eyes and reaches across the table, scooping up some jam with his finger and then smearing it on the tip of Jongup's nose.

"Hey!" The younger exclaims, pouting again. Himchan laughs. 

"That's what you get, pabo." 

The younger tries to it off, even though he clearly have hands to do that. It's amusing though, Himchan has to admit. He smiles at how cute Jongup is.

After a few minutes, Himchan reaches over once more, with a napkin this time, and wipes the jam off his nose. "Stop being silly."

Jongup wriggles his nose and continues to smile. "Sorry, hyung." He says again, earning another roll of the eyes from Himchan.

The other boy begins to spread the jam on a piece of toast, leaving the other one untouched. Jongup's eyes flicker from the toast to Himchan, then back to the toast again. What's the big deal anyway? It's just some apricot jam. Jongup can easily walk down to the 7-11 around the corner and buy another jar. He watches his hyung take a bite and watches his eyes close as he chews.

Now he really wants to try. 

Jongup narrows his eyes when Himchan puts the toast down to wipe his lips. He misses a spot though, at the very side of his mouth. Jongup smiles and gets up to lean across the table, his lips pressing against the corner of the older boy's mouth. He can feel the him tensing up under him almost immediately.

"Hyung, you taste so sweet," Jongup smirks when he pulls away from a very flushed Himchan. "Now I see why you won't share it with us." 

Himchan nearly chokes. This boy... Well, two can play this game. Himchan leans back into his seat, finishing the rest of his toast. "Would you like the last piece, Jonguppie? I'm full~"

Jongup nods and watches the other boy spread the jam on the toast slowly. Himchan holds it out in front of his mouth when he's done. Jongup leans forward and takes a big bite. Himchan takes the toast away  right after and leans forward, his lips quickly meeting the boy's apricot jam-covered ones. 

The jam tastes even sweeter on his lips.

"H-Hyung!" Jongup yells, toast chunks flying out. Himchan laughs. 

"Pay back!" 

Jongup chews quickly, eyes straying away as his cheeks turn red. Himchan smiles and takes some jam onto his finger, smearing it on Jongup's cheek. He leans over again, trailing small kisses on the boy's cheek until it's all gone. Himchan leans back into his seat when he's done, watching Jongup's face turn red.

"You're horrible." Jongup grumbles. 

Himchan smiles sweetly and leans forward on his elbows, "Really, you think so? Because last night after I let you—" He's cut off immediately by a sticky spoon against his lips, the taste of apricot, and Jongup's lips pressing against his. Himchan hands slowly pull the boy's head closer, and he kisses back, savoring the sweet substance.

Jongup can feel Himchan smiling against his mouth, and he smiles too. His hand cups the older boy's cheek as he leans into the kiss. So sweet... They'll both be diabetic in no time.

He breaks off the kiss first, but keeps his head close and grins. "You're almost out of jam." 

Himchan looks at the jar and frowns. He's right. There's barely four scoops left. The boy takes a deep breath and lifts his head to meet Jongup's gaze.

"Let's finish it." 

"Together? Are you sure?"

"Why not?" Himchan smiles. 

They spend the next half hour kissing and their way into a very sticky mess. When they were done, Jongup cleans up the table while Himchan frowns at his empty jar. It's a shame, really. A damn shame that he wasted his last spoonfuls of jam for kisses. Kisses.

Himchan his lips and gets up, stretching and groaning. It's still early — way early. It's warm and he's full and now he's tired. He finds his way to the couch in the living room, relieved when he steps into the air conditioned room. Himchan curls up against a pillow and lets his eyes rest. 

"Hyung?" He hears Jongup's voice behind him.

"Go away. I'm mad at you." grumbles a cranky Himchan.

The younger boy blinks, but smiles. "Is it because I ate y—"

"Yeah, pabo." Himchan keeps his eyes closed and yawns. Stupid Jongup with his stupid kisses that he couldn't get enough of. 

This doesn't shock the other boy at all. Himchan's always like this anyway. Jongup grins and moves quietly. Himchan feels something being placed in his hands — something cold. When he opens his eyes, Jongup isn't there, and there's a new jar of apricot jam in his hands with a note on top that has his Aunt's handwriting scribbled across. Himchan can't help but to smile. 

 

Jongup lays in his top bunk and stares at the ceiling as he listens to the other members' groan and snore in their sleep. He notices something black pop up near his feet and an eyebrow up when he sees Himchan's face. 

"Hyung?"

Himchan brings his body all the way up and pushes Jongup to make room for him. He lays next to the boy, making sure to stay extra close. He holds up two spoons and the jar. "I wanted to share some with you, Jonguppie~"

Jongup smiles and they kiss their way through half of the jar all before noon. Needless to say, the younger boy also a bad case of ant infestation on his bunk the very next day.

 


 

FUN FACT, I haven't had apricot jam in so many years  _

Well, I hope you enjoyed this~ orz

Again I at editing so just leave the mistakes alone and I'll get to them eventually LOL

Please comment! I hope you have a lovely day

♡T.