Chapter 1

All Water Diet

 

All Water Diet - 1 - Rookie

 
Ring. Ring. Ring.
 
The door bell monotonously buzzed. It rung a few more times more it was opened.
 
"Morning," a delivery man greeted.
 
Sungmin smiled, not letting his irritation show; Sir mailman had always interrupted mealtime. Whether it be brunch, linner or dinfast.
 
"Good morning."
 
The deliveryman chuckled, "Ah, I hope so.The weather says it'll be pouring all day!"
 
Sungmin nodded sympathetically, though he didn't really care; it was the mailman's own problem for becoming a delivery boy.
 
Guy.
 
Man.
 
Whatever.
 
"Er, is it here already?" Sungmin changed the topic, "You don't usually deliver this quickly, do you?" He quickly stepped aside, so that Leeteuk could pass through along with his packages.
 
Leeteuk rolled in a cart, filled with taped, brown boxes. "Yeah, you're right."
 
"What's the rush for then?"
 
He continued to push the cart all the way to the kitchen, with Sungmin trailing behind. "Well, you see, I recently got promoted. And since my new job isn't around here, I have to quickly finish my orders, so that I can move on."
 
"Mhmm," the other nodded, watching as Leeteuk unloaded the boxes, one by one.
 
Leeteuk, being used to this, and working double time, finished in record time. He happily smiled, and held up his clipboard, waiting for Sungmin to sign, as they did so every other week.
 
"So is this the last time you'll deliver for me?"
 
He nodded, "I'm afraid so, but," he fumbled around in his pocket. "Here."
 
"What's this?" Sungmin questioned, thoroughly analyzing the card Leeteuk had given him.
 
"My going away party. You're invited!"
 
"I..." Sungmin paused, his expression showing that he was indeed, clearly shocked. "I am?"
 
"Yeah, hope to see you there," he smiled. "Well, I got to get going. See you Sungmin!" They both waved goodbye.
 
Alone again, Sungmin looked down at his invitation--it was on the start of next month.
 
Too bad he couldn't make it. Not that he was quite busy.
 
He let out a soft sigh, and proceeded to finish breakfast.
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
The day of the party arrived. Clad in black, Sungmin left for the airport.
 
~.~.~.~.~
 
A few weeks past, and everything was set back to normal. It slightly bothered Sungmin that Leeteuk wasn't there anymore--just random delivery men.
 
"Hello."
 
"Good morning."
 
"Sign here please."
 
Few words were exchanged.
 
But, there was one boy that came more frequently than others did. One day, it was just him. No random mailmen, just that one delivery boy.
 
It didn't surprise Sungmin, "You again."
 
"Miss me?"
 
"You've been coming a lot lately, where are all the other guys?"
 
He smiled, "They assigned me to deliver all your packages, just because you order from us so frequently."
 
Oh, so that was the case.
 
"Well...then... all right." Sungmin didn't really know what to say was all.
 
The boy smiled as he asked Sungmin to step aside so he could come in.
 
"So, ten packages of twenty-four water bottles, right?"
 
"Right."
 
"Where should I put them?"
 
"Just set them on the ground, I'll put them away later.
 
He smiled, "All right then." And one by one, he stacked the packages in groups of threes.
 
"So sir, what do you plan on doing with all these?" he asks, setting down the last one.
 
"I'm going to drink them all."
 
His eyes widen, "S-seriously?"
 
"Yes, now where do I sign?"
 
"Eh?"
 
Sungmin sighed, "You deliver things, and I sign them, claiming that they are mine."
 
Upon hearing this, the boy quickly fumbles around for his clipboard. "Sing here please."
 
"Sing?"
 
"Sorry," he apologized, "I'm new at this."
 
"Of course you are," Sungmin agreed.
 
The boy gave him his receipt and headed on his way out.
 
Subgmin glanced at the receipt.
 
---
Tag T. And C
313-3333
 
Delivery Man : Kyuhyun
Date: 07/06/2012
 
15 WTER BOT 24CT $57.45
15 CANE SUG 1.5LBS $24.32
 
Subtotal: $81.77
 
ITEMS SOLD: 30
 
We hope to see you again!
---
 
Interesting. His new delivery man's name was Kyuhyun.
 
--
//WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. WHY ARE YOU SUBSCRIBED TO A STORY THAT DOESN'T UPDATE. FFS.
To be honest, I had this saved since the beginning, (yeah, 2 years) but I didn't post it because it felt unfinished to me. But now, I don't know what else to add to it... So, I posted it. Hopefully you guys found it good enough.