I’ll Always Be Around When You Want to Talk to Me, Hyung

I'm Here For You, Hyung

 

Jiyong listened intently to the muffled yelling sounded coming from the room next to his.
 
He wondered what was wrong with his hyung, he’d been like this for about an hour, and the sounds of his distress worried him. Seunghyun was apparently was on the phone with someone, and it wasn’t a nice conversation. A girlfriend? The man had never mentioned it, but being in YG, having a girlfriend wasn’t really tolerated, so he wouldn’t mention it if he did have a girlfriend either.
 
Big Bang wasn’t a really new project at the moment, and he’d known the rapper since they were kids, so they were pretty close, but the rumors of Seunghyun having a girlfriend weren’t exactly known to him either. Some people claimed it was when the man was in high school, which would mean Jiyong wouldn’t know too much about it, as at the time he was also in high school, and he and Seunghyun hadn’t gone to the same school then.
 
A crash echoed from the next room, and he jumped at the noise. Seunghyun was throwing things now? It had sounded like something hard against the plaster, and another crack sounded as the object fell on the wooden floor.
 
Would it be okay for Ji to go check on the man? Was that something friends did? Guy friends? Did he have enough history with his hyung to go and ask him what was wrong?
 
Before he could get up the courage to decide to talk to Seunghyun, a knock on his door stopped him. Jumping a little, he stood and opened the door, and there he was. His long-ish dark hair was pushed away from his face, as if he’d run his hands through it and he didn’t bother fixing it. It was a normal sight, to anyone who had lived with the man for a few months. Youngbae, Daesung, and little Seungri were asleep, as far as he knew, and they would have just guessed T.O.P was tired by his appearance. But Ji knew better, and the bags under his hyung’s eyes told him more than anything the others would have seen. Not to say they all weren’t close, they were, but Ji just saw more in the man than other people might have thought.
 
Seunghyun looked haggard, tired, frustrated, and annoyed.  Jiyong wondered why he was here. To yell at him? Take it out on him? 
 
But he just held out a broken piece of plastic, split in half with shards of glass sticking out and the keyboards buttons half gone.
 
“Come with me to get a new phone?” Seunghyun’s low voice asked.’
 
It was around 3AM, there was probably nowhere to get a phone close to their dorm, and Jiyong wondered if Seunghyun knew that and he just wanted to get out of the house.
 
“Sure, let me get my jacket and stuff.”
 
They left the dorm quietly, making sure not to wake the other members and headed down the steps. Seunghyun threw away the mangled pieces of his cell phone in the garbage, wincing at the complete mess it was left in.
 
Jiyong just smiled sadly at it and walked beside the man as they headed in no particular direction. They both knew Seunghyun wasn’t going anywhere to get a phone, he’d get one tomorrow when he was able to tell their manager some excuse as to how it had gotten broken and he’d get a new one because none of the members couldn’t not have one, incase someone was needed to be reached.
 
Again, Ji wondered if he could ask his friend what was wrong. Was it his business? No, but he wondered if he asked, would his friend blow up at him or would he just brush him off? Would he actually answer?
 
After walking for about ten minutes in silence, Jiyong pulled Seunghyun over to sit on a bench near the far side of the road they were walking beside. The rapper didn’t object, as he knew they couldn’t walk too far away from their dorm so late at night. Not that he was afraid they’d be noticed, but just because it was late, and if they walked too far, they may not be able to head back in time before the others wake up and realize that two of their members are missing.
 
Ji leaned back against the wooden seat, watching his friend look down at his feet, hunched over with his hands clasped. He wanted to ask why the man had wanted him to come along with him out here, if he was just going to think. He was perfectly capable of walking out of the dorm alone, though it wasn’t very smart or safe. 
 
As if his hyung had read his mind, Seunghyun spoke quietly, “I bet you’re wondering why I dragged you out here.”
 
“I didn’t think we were really gonna get you a new phone.” He answered back.
 
The dark haired man shook his head, hair falling more to shield his face. “She wanted me to choose.”
 
So Seunghyun wanted to talk? Deciding to push the envelope, Jiyong asked, “Who?” 
 
But the older man acted as if he hadn’t heard. “She knew I was going to audition for YG. She encouraged me, but now I’m thinking she didn’t have any faith that I’d actually make it.” A pause. “And now she wants me to choose between her and YG. She knows this is my dream and—…I told her that our relationship might be harder, now that Big Bang is becoming famous. I don’t want her pictures all over the web, when she has nothing to do with it.” 
 
Ji understood this, he and Seunghyun and the rest often talked about how they didn’t like it when their family’s pictures were scattered on the internet, but he had enough common sense to know that his friend wasn’t talking about his mom or older sister.
 
“I told her I was doing this for her too, and I wanted her to wait for me, even if we couldn’t be together right now. She said she wasn’t going to listen and hung up. Then I threw my phone into the wall.”
 
“Did it dent the wall?”
 
Seunghyun smiled slightly at the teasing tone in his friend’s voice. He knew Jiyong was trying to make the air lighter. “Maybe. I didn’t look after I picked up the phone.”
 
“We’ll just say we were rough housing when one of us hit the wall, if anyone asks.”
 
“I don’t rough house.”
 
“Now you do.”
 
Seunghyun just grinned and shook his head at his friend’s lame excuse. He was trying to help though, get his mind off of everything, which is the reason the man had asked him to walk out here with him.
 
“Remember… Back in 7th grade when you had that first kiss?”
 
Why was Ji bringing that up?
 
“And right after it happened you ran all the way to my house to tell me? You didn’t even stop to tell my mom hi!”
 
“What does that have to do with anything?”
 
“Just the fact that right after you had your first kiss, you ran to tell me all about it.” Looking up, Seunghyun could see Jiyong’s wide grin even in the dim darkness of the night.
 
“You make it sound horrible,” he ran a hand through his hair at the embarrassing reminder. “I can’t believe I did that. I left her there…”
 
“My point! You left a girl that you could have stayed with to do… things. To tell me you had your first kiss before me!”
 
“Yaaah… That girl didn’t talk to me for a week after that. I was stupid.”
 
Ji punched his on the arm at the insult. “Maybe, but the thing is... I’ll always be around when you want to talk to me, hyung.”
 
“How nice of you, G-Dragon… Now where’s Jiyong?”
 
“That’s why I’m never nice to you!” Another hit went wide as it swung near his face, but Seunghyun knew he wouldn’t be hit.
 
The younger man stood up, stretching his arms over his head and standing on his toes. “Wanna go back? It’s probably like four now. And if we have to get up before twelve, I’ll kill you.”
 
Seunghyun smirked and both of the young rappers headed back toward their dorm, Jiyong telling him about the new phone he should get, some stupid cell called the lollipop that Ji had been wanting for a while.