Ahnyeong, Kibum oppa..

Ahnyeong, Kibum oppa.. {oneshot}

 

“Yah, Joo-Eun! Are you even listening to me?” Joo-Eun blinked, and then stared at the boy sitting in front of her.
 
“Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked, smiling softly at him.
 
“Because you always gaze in the distance.. Pabo.” Kim Kibum poked her cheek, she laughed and brushed his hand off.
 
‘Why couldn’t you see it?’
 
“It’s not like you pay attention during class.” She said, shrugging. Class was over, she hadn’t noticed.
 
“Let’s go get some ice cream!” Joo-Eun nodded, and got up from her chair, almost immediately, she clung to the table to stay up. Her head was spinning and she had trouble concentrating. 
 
“Why are you acting weird? That’s not like you at all!” 
 
“It’s nothing, now how about that ice-cream?” She laughed and they walked out. The sun was setting, it was a warm day. Oddly warm for a winter day, but warm enough for ice cream made sure no one would complain. They both skipped some parts, making fun of each other. 
 
“Joo-Eun, what kind of ice cream do you want?” Kibum asked, realizing that he didn’t know this.
 
“Surprise me.” She told him, and stuck out her tongue.
 
“Okay.. You like strawberries right?”
 
“I told you to surprise me!” She softly pushed him away, and they both laughed. After playing around a bit more, Kibum ordered some ice cream.
 
“Guess which one is yours!” He told her, while holding the cones above her head.
 
“Yah! They’ll drip!”
 
“Guess!” He teased, pretending to sway the cones over.
 
“THAT ONE!” Joo-Eun yelled, pointing in the air, he gave her one, and also a dissapointed look.
 
“Yah, that’s not really guessing..” 
 
“Merong~~! Ah, it’s melon..” She said, with wide eyes twinkling happily. Kibum pretended not to see it and fake pouted.
 
“You don’t like it?” He asked with a very fake near tears voice. She decided to play along.
 
“Oppa, I thought you knew I hated melon..”
 
“Oppa? Oh well, I might as well share my ice with you then!” He said, almost stuffing it in her face, she jumped back, causing the ice to fall.
 
“Ah, mianhae.. You can have my ice cream.” She said, offering him hers. He laughed and they decided to share it.
 
‘Such nice memories.. So warm..’
 
“Let’s go to the playground!” Kibum shouted happily, and they raced for the old abandoned place. It was the place where they had grown up, and also the first time they had ever met. After chasing after one another they sat down in front of the slide.
 
“Joo-Eun, do you promise we’ll always be friends?” Kibum asked, pulling a semi-serious face. Joo-Eun smiled at him.
 
“Sounds fine with me, let’s promise! You too.” They promised and talked some more.
 
“Joo-Eun, you remember when we first met?” Teasingly, Joo-Eun shook her head.
 
“Jinja?! Pabo.. I guess I have to tell you again.” He laughed, “we were both in kindergarden, when umma took me here, and you were already here playing. You were playing with some other girls. You were really mean to me!” He pouted, and Joo-Eun smiled softly.
 
“We had too! You were invading our territory.. But then you had to be a baby about it..-”
 
“Yah! Your friends pushed me! But at least you came around and played with me for a bit.” Joo-Eun smiled and leaned against the slide, it was getting colder, she saw Kibum shiver.
 
“Pabo Kibum! You forgot your coat again!” She scolded him and then took off her jacket, “here, I live close by. I can always get one.” He smiled and hugged her. So warm..
 
“Kamsahamnida! Ah, it’s getting late already.. Let’s meet up tomorrow, ‘kay?” She nodded happily and waved at him as he ran off. The sun was already setting. She was much colder than she had noticed. 
 
“It’ll be fine, I’ll be home soon!” She told herself. The night was now falling soon.
 
“I’ll be home soon.” She said, and started walking. The way home wasn’t that long. She skipped some parts to stay warm. The cold was biting her arms. 
 
“I hope Kibum is home safely..” The pain crawled up to her face, and her fingertops were starting to go numb from the cold.
 
‘Stay safe, okay Kibum oppa?’
 
She stopped walking, she had to jump over a ditch, she was getting a bit dizzy again. Then she took the jump. 
 
A sharp pain pierced her leg, and she couldn’t get up.
 
‘What do I do now, I’m so cold..’
 
She tried crawling further, but it was no use, and she slipped into the icy water. She flinched at the touch, and cried. It all hurt, the cold, her leg. She shivered, unable to make a sound anymore.
 
‘Please forgive me oppa.. It’s hurting too badly..’
 
She sighed as she lay down, not even wanting to move anymore, she was getting a little sleepy. Cars passed by, but she didn’t even notice anymore. All she wanted was for the pain to go away.
 
‘Saranghae oppa.. Even though you never saw it..’ 
 
In a last movement, she moved her hands into heart shape.
 
‘Am I already dead?’