Chapter 1: First Love is A Betrayal.

The Perfect One...

 

 

The Perfect One...

Chapter One: First Love is A Betrayal.

 

-Ryosuke’s POV-

            My cell phone rings when I’m taking my bath. Quickly I wrap the towel around my body and get out the bathroom. A wide smile is carved on my face as I know who is calling me. I only set this special melody to that person. That only person…

CLICK.

            “Moshi-moshi, Hiromi-chan?” I start the conversation.

            “Moshi-moshi, Ryosuke-kun.” The other side of the phone is greeting me. But somehow, I feel like her voice is weird, not like the usual her. “Hiromi-chan, daijoubu? You sound weird today.” I ask her because I am worried. Has she caught a cold?

            “Eh? Totemo genki desu yo. Shinpaishinaide, Ryosuke-kun.” We stay quiet for a few moment but then she resumes, “Can we meet?” Without hesitation, I give her the agreement, “Okay, when do you want us to meet?” My smile is widen.

            “Tonight, around 8. Can we meet that time? I have something to discuss with you.” I have a gut feeling that there is guilt in her voice. I wonder why she sounds so weird.

            “Oh, okay. But I’m curious. What is it that you want to discuss with me?” My left eyebrow is raised with the feeling of curiosity. “Um… I’ll tell you when we meet, okay?” I let out a heavy sigh and say, “Okay.” Ah~ I can’t wait to know what is it!

            “Ryosuke-kun, if you excuse me. I have work to do now. I’ll see you tonight. Goodbye.” My smile disappears when knowing that she’s going to hang up the phone. “Uh, okay. Sayonara, Hiromi-chan. See you tonight. Take care, okay?”

            “Okay, you too, take care, Ryosuke-kun.” She says that and hangs up. After putting back my cell phone on the table, I get back to the bathroom to continue my bath.

-End of Ryosuke’s POV-

 

 

 

-Shinrai’s POV-

            I can’t stand with my colleagues. They keep boasting about their boyfriends and bashing me as I don’t have one. “Hey, Shinrai! When are you going to have a boyfriend?” My annoying colleague named Hana asks me cynically while having a smirk on her face.

            Oh great! Now she’s going to start boasting, just because she has a handsome and stylish boyfriend. I fake a smile, “I don’t know. It’s just me who don’t feel interested to be in a relationship with any boys.”

            My answer is greeted with howls of laughter by my colleagues. There is a bewildered expression on my face. “Wh-What? What’s so funny about? Is there a slip of the tongue?” I ask them.

            Hana answers my question while chuckling, “You’ve made us laugh! It’s not that you’re not interested but THE FACT is, there is NO ONE interested in you, right? Just admit it, Shinrai! Don’t try to deceive us!”

            Hana’s statement has made the others howl with laughter again. My face is crimson with embarrassment. This is too embarrassing to be laughed by the others. Oh my God, where should I put my face now?

            I am about to open my mouth when I suddenly see a spoon is shot away, hitting Hana’s head. “Oww~ Ittai!” Her forehead is wrinkled and then she yells in anger, “Who did this? Admit it!”

            “Me.” I am shocked to know that my best friend is admitting that she is the one who has threw the spoon at Hana’s head. Hana looks back at Sayuri and then yells, “Why are you doing that? Do you have any problem with me, huh?!”

            Sayuri answers without showing any visible sign of emotion, “I didn’t do that on purpose. My palms are slippery with soap. That’s why the spoon is shot away and hit your head.”

            I am sniggering to hear Sayuri’s answer. God, she is so naughty! Sayuri glances at me with a meaningful smile and I just smile at her back as I understand what she means.

            Hana gives Sayuri an exasperated look, “Ahh! Don-“ Before she could finish her words, Sayuri is already cutting in, “Uh oh.. Hana! You better stop now. We have customers now. Could you please take their orders?” Sayuri blinks her eyes for times cutely.

            Hana gives a loud snort and walks away to the customers. I come closer to Sayuri and give her a very warm smile, “Sayuri-chan, arigatou ne.” Her left eyebrow is raised while having a smile on her face, “No problem. I’m always there to help you. You are my best friend, right?”

            Soon I hug her, “Uwaa! You’re my best friend eternally, Sayuri-chan!” And she hugs me back in return and says, “Hai, hai~ Now, can we resume back our work?” I look at her and nod my head, “Hai~!”

-End of Shinrai’s POV-

 

 

 

NYC members, Nakayama Yuma, Yamada Ryosuke and Chinen Yuri are in the recording studio to record new songs. But they first take a look at the lyrics given.

“This is a sad song eh?” Ryosuke asks his friends about a song entitled ‘Amaoto’. “Tabun ne…” Yuri answers Ryosuke without removing his eyes from the lyrics. “Nee, minna! Do I really have to sing this line?” Yuma looks at them while pointing his forefinger at the sheet of paper. Yuri asks Yuma with a questioning look, “Which line?”

“Umm… This line, ‘Bokutachi wa kasa no naka nando mo KISU a’. Is this really my line?” Yuma goes bright red. Ryosuke and Yuri are looking at each other and then cracking up. Yuma looks at both of them with a question mark on his face. He asks, “Why are you both laughing? Is there a slip of the tongue?” His face turns red for even more.

“Yuma, why are you blushing like that? Is it because of that line? Seriously, you look so cute!” Ryosuke says naughtily while giggling. Yuri is agreeing with him by saying, “Hai, Ryosuke is right. You look so cute when blushing!” They both try to tease Yuma.

“Eh? Eh? I’m not blushing!” Yuma, who is crimson with embarrassment, tries to cover his red face with the paper. Yuri giggles, “Don’t try to hide your RED face, Yuma. We have saw everything!”

“Okay, okay. Juubun na. Let’s stop teasing Yuma, Chinen. When he is teased, his face will turn red for even more.” Ryosuke tries to hide his naughty smile from being seen. Yuri’s full lips are pouted slightly like a small child, “Hai~!” They then resume their reading on the lyrics given.

 

 

 

-Ryosuke’s POV-

            I put my hood up as I feel cold. At times, I give my friends a quick glance. I feel amused when looking at the pouting Chinen. He looks like a child. Totemo kawaii! I give a little chuckle, “Chinen, what’s with that face?” My head is shook while smiling. He raises his face and looks at me, “Eh? Nanda?” He asks while giving a questioning look.

            “Wakaranai? You’re pouting just now. Nande? What are you thinking just now?” Chinen says with a wide grin, “Ahh~ Betsuni. I’m just thinking about this song, Yama-chan.” I look at him with the feeling of weird. “Eh? This song? What about it?” The paper in his hand is swayed in the air. And then I realize that Yuma is also looking at Chinen with great enthusiasm.

            His eyes are blinked before asking, “This is a sad song, right?” Yuma and I nod our heads then Chinen says, “Right. I have been wondering about what if this song is happening in our lives. Will we hurt this much?”

            There is a brief silence before I shatter the silence, “Chinen, you better not to think of it much. It doesn’t important, right?” I don’t like this topic. And it’s not a good topic to be talked to. I feel uncomfortable when Chinen stares me out. “Na-Nanda? Why are you staring at me like that? Cut it out!” I ask him with a stammer.

            “Nee, Yama-chan.” Chinen calls for me without showing any visible sign of emotion. “What?” I see that he’s about to tell me something but someone has cut in our conversation. The staff has called us, “Boys, are you ready? We are going to start the recording now.” Three of us nod. “Yes, we are. Guys, are you ready?” I ask Yuma and Chinen. “Hai!” They both answer my lively and simultaneously. “Yosh! Let’s do our best, minna!”

-End of Ryosuke’s POV-

 

 

 

            Ryosuke is getting ready for his date with Hiromi. He puts on his white shirt with collar and a grey waistcoat. His shirtsleeves are folded to the elbows. He matches the shirt and waistcoat with a black and white striped tie that has been loosened and a pair of black jeans. For the shoes, he puts on his black boots. Then, he sprays himself with perfume.

            “Hiromi-chan.” He mutters her name while his smile on his face is widen. “I’m curious what is it that you want to discuss with me. But at the same time, I’m longing to see you. Only God know how much I love and miss you.” Ryosuke says in his heart.

            As he walks downstairs, he meets his older sister, Chihiro by chance. At first, she is gazing at him but then her face is lit up with mischievousness. “Wh-Why are you looking at me like that, Chihiro nee-chan?” A warm flush is brought to his face.

            Her right eyebrow is raised, “Going on a date eh? With Hiromi-chan?” Ryosuke feels a sudden flush of embarrassment. He speaks with nervousness and embarrassment, “Ha-Hai! I’ve a date with Hiromi-chan tonight.”

            Unexpectedly, Chihiro yells, calling for someone, “Misaki! Acchi!!” A moment later, Ryosuke’s younger sister comes out from the kitchen and she asks, “Sorehanandesuka, nee-chan?” Chihiro grins naughtily, “Nee,Misaki. Our cute brother has a date with Hiromi-chan tonight! A D-A-T-E!!” Misaki then is gaping at Ryosuke and asking, “Eeh?! Sou nanda, nii-chan?” She looks at him with disbelief.

            He can’t overcome his shyness so he blush scarlet, “Un.” Those two girls get the giggles. “Aww~ You’re so cute, Ryosuke!” Chihiro says. Misaki pats his brother’s left shoulder, “Nii-chan, you better go now if you don’t want her to wait for you for a long time!”

            Ryosuke looks at the clock on the wall and he starts to panic, “Eh? Eh? Hai! Ikimasu!” He runs towards the door. He looks back when his name is called from behind,”Ryosuke!” His two dearly sisters are waving at him with a smile. “We wish you luck on your date!” Chiiro says loudly and Misaki resumes with a cheer, “Ganbatte ne nii-chan!”

            A wide smile is spread over Ryosuke’s face and he nods, “Hai~!”

****

-Hiromi’s POV-

            I don’t know why I can’t sit still. I get fidgety especially when thinking that just in a moment, I will meet Ryosuke. I just worried to think how will he react after I tell him the truth. I feel guilty to tell him but if I don’t be true to him, I feel sinned.

            My heart throbs hardly when I see him entering this café. He smiles at me and I try to fake a smile with force. Seeing him smiling like that has made me feel breathless. This is so suffocating!

            “Sorry that I’m late, Hiromi-chan.” He is smiling and taking a seat in front of me. When he’s smiling like that, I feel guilty for even more to hurt his feelings. “I-It’s okay. You’re not so late because I’m also just has got here.” I don’t know why I can’t hide my nervousness.

            Ryosuke, why are you smiling at me like that again? You only make me feel guilty more and more. I don’t want to kill that smile of yours. I don’t want to hurt your feelings. And I don’t want to hurt that pure heart of yours. God, this is too fiendish for me! Tasukete kudasai!

            I only look at him. He takes the menu and looks at it. “Hiromi-chan, what do you want to eat?” He asks me with such a velvety and soft voice until I feel hard to be blunt. My head is shook slightly, “I don’t feel like I want to eat. Somehow, I’ve lost my appetite.”

            He looks at me, quite shocked. He puts down the menu and asks, “What’s wrong with you, Hiromi-chan? You’re acting weird these days until I couldn’t understand and get what’s going on. Tell me frankly, do you hide something from me?” His smile is faded. He gives me such a stern look.

            “R-Ryosuke…” I don’t know why it is too hard for me to tell him. “Th-The truth is…” I speak with a slight stammer. Since I don’t resume my words, he asks me, “The truth is? What? Tell me!” By hearing his voice, I can sense that his heart has skipped a beat. My body is trembling. God, please give me strength to tell him the truth. I beg you, please…

            “Ano… I-I don’t think that our relationship can work and last. I-I think this relationship ends here.” I try to avoid my eyes from meeting his.

-End of Hiromi’s POV-

 

 

 

-Ryosuke’s POV-

            My body is frozen with shock. End? Our relationship? Here? “Nani kore? What are you talking about?” My head is shook for times. God, I can’t believe this! She looks at me with a guilty look and I can sense her guilt. “I’m sorry. This relationship, let’s end it here.”

            “Joudan janai wa yo, Hiromi-chan! We are not in April for you to make an ‘April fool’ on me!” I accidentally yell at her. “I’m not joking, Ryosuke! I’m telling you the truth!” It’s disappointing to see her serious look and hear her answer.

            “But why?” I try to choke back the tears.

            “Because there’s another guy in my heart.” My heart has been shattered into pieces when hearing her answer. This is too hard for me to accept the reality. “Itsu kara? Oshiete kudasai!” I ask without realizing that I’m pressuring her more.

            “S-Since 3 months ago. I’m sorry, Ryosuke for betraying your love. It’s my fault. I can’t avoid myself from falling in love with that guy. Hontouni gomenasai.” Her cheeks are wet with tears. I can’t think clearly. I am overwhelmed by the feeling of grief. Why this is happening to me? “Doue, Hiromi-chan? Doue?! Why are you doing this to me?!!” At this moment, I know that I am not able to overcome my feelings.

            She begins to cry bitterly, “I’m so sorry, Ryosuke. Please forgive me. I don’t want to tell you at first but I couldn’t endure this feeling of guilt when not telling you. I feel sinned to not telling you the truth. I’m so sorry.” I shake my head for times and look at her with disbelief. I’m forcing myself to fight back the tears. “Uso…” My head is shook again. I can’t accept this. It’s too fiendish for me to accept.

            “Uso…” I repeat that word while cracking up like crazy. I know that I’ve gone mad but still, I don’t want to believe and accept what she has told me. Please tell me that this is just a dream. Anyone, please awake me from this nightmare!

            “Uso janai, Ryosuke. Please believe me. I’ve told you everything but why until now you can’t still accept it?” She looks at me with the imploring eyes. Hiromi-chan? Did you just have asked me why? Frankly speaking, I’m the one who should ask you why are you doing this to me?!

            When I remain silent and my head is shook, she gives me a disappointed look. God, I feel like my tears will be flowing down at any time. Suddenly she stands up. I raise my face and look at her. “Forget me, Ryosuke.” My head is shook again when hearing her demand. But she keeps insisting, “For the sake of yours, please forget everything about me. Just assume that we are not meant to be together. I’m not your destiny, Ryosuke. I’m sorry.” She says while the tears are streaming down her cheeks. By this time, I burst into tears. I can’t take this grief anymore. Mou yada!

            I look outside the window. I don’t realize when the heavy shower of rain starts. Nee, sora-san. Are you crying for me? Do you feel the same grief as mine? It’s too painful, isn’t it? I look into the sky. I feel like the sky is sharing the same sadness with me.

            Soon, I realize that Hiromi runs towards the main entrance and goes outside, without putting up any umbrella. Quickly, without an umbrella too, I go outside to catch her up. We are running in the quiet street in the middle of the raining weather. She runs faster, trying to escape from me but I manage to overtake her. I hold her arm in a firm grip, “Hiromi-chan, chotto!”

            I make her to face me. She is crying but the rain wipes her tears away. I touch her cheek, “Why are you doing this to me? Tell me, what is my wrong until you want to leave me like this?” I’m begging her while crying.

            She looks at me with the imploring eyes, “You have done nothing wrong to me, Ryosuke. You are too kind, you treat me nicely. But it’s all start with me. It’s my fault that I have betrayed your love. I’m sorry.”

            “We can still fix this relationship, right?” I’m still trying to coax her. I feel disappointed when she is shaking her head. “No, I can’t. I love that guy. And I just want to be with him. You’ve to let me go in any ways.” I beg her with the unstoppable tears, “How can I live without you? You’re my wings. Without you, I couldn’t fly.” She puts her forefinger on my lips while shaking his head, “That’s why I want you to forget me and start a new life on your own. It’s hurting me to see you in this kind of condition. That’s why I want you to forget everything about me.”

            My head is shook, “Muri desu. I’m not capable to do that.” I can feel the warmness of her palm on my left cheek. “Yes, you can. Besides, it’s worth a try, right?” She tries to coax me with her velvety voice. I am hushed, but I am not able to think clearly.

            As I stand frozen and still, without saying anything, she moves her body away from me and says, “I will always pray for your happiness and all the best for you. I can always be your best friend, just in case if you need me. Sayonara, Ryosuke.” Then, she walks away briefly, leaving me all alone. She’s not turning back anymore.

            Why don’t I move? Why don’t I stop her from leaving me? Although she has vanished from my sight, but I am still here, staying in the corner of the street alone and I am soaking wet because of the rain. I’m in the flood of tears. Thinking that I’ve lost her has made my tears keep rolling down my face.

            I am sat on the ground, don’t care about the heavy shower of rain. I don’t care if I’m soaking wet. What I care is, HER! “Hiromi-chan, please come back to me. Until now, I can’t love the others except you. I don’t want to lose you because it’s very painful! I love you so much, so please come back to me. Please, don’t leave me alone…” I mourn the loss of Hiromi.

In my ears, I feel like I’ve heard my group’s song, Amaoto… What’s happening to me now, is the same like that song…

 

kousaten afureru ame ni saku kasa no hana
bokutachi wa kasa no naka
nandomo kisu a

Fushigi sa sayonara wo a nante
"doue?"

konna ni mo suki sa, suki kokoro ga nandomo
suki sa sakendeiru yo
hitori no machikado ga ame ni nureru
kasa ni hibiku rizumu ga futari kiita ano hi no mama
wasuretakunai amaoto
amaoto

ano hi no ano mise de okimari no madogawa de
bokutachi wa mirai sae hanaeita no ni

zurui yo sayonara wa uragiri sa
"doue..."

konna ni mo suki sa, suki kokoro no soko kara
suki sa omotteiru yo
owari ni suru nante dekinai kara
mune ni hibiku amaoto kimi ga koko ni ita ano hi wo
kizandeiru imademo
imademo

Imademo, kimi igai wa mou aisenai
ubaitai hodo ni, kurushii yo...

konna ni mo suki sa, suki kokoro ga nandomo 
suki sa sakendeiru yo
hitori no machigado ga ame ni nureru
kasa ni hibiku rizumu ga futari kiita ano hi no mama
wasuretakunai amaoto "doue..."

 

Although I’m freezing cold, but I’m still sitting frozen on the ground, mourning for her loss.

-End of Ryosuke’s POV-

 

 

 

            Ryosuke wants to get up but he feels too weak, like he doesn’t have any strength. With force, he tries to stand up. Once he is able to stand, he starts walking weakly while the unstoppable tears keep streaming down his face. But after a few steps taken, he flops down onto the ground. He is knocked unconscious by the icy coldness of the rain. His body is weaken and weaken and he has caught a cold.

 

To be continued…