Be Yourself

Be Yourself

Background music

 

Sometimes, I always wonder if everything I did for Super Junior-G was good enough or not. Yeah...being Siwon's representative in Super Junior-G, I was hoping that I could perform better than usual.

And sometimes, I was thinking...why am I doing here? What is my main purpose to join the entertainment industry?

 

Is it because of fame?

Is it because of talent?

Is it because of passion?

 

I don't even know what's the actual answer behind of my endless question.

I just...

I just want to know...

 

Am I worthy enough to be in this group?

 

Or,

 

Am I just a worthless member in this group?

 

When I thought silently in my mind, I was... I was just too jealous with everyone. I'm not really good in singing like Maeyan, Katherine-unnie, Saya-unnie, Shay-unnie and Yuko-unnie. I'm not good in rap like Sehun, Jay S, Lee Ahn, Yomi-unnie, Mina-unnie and Jae-unnie.

I don't even know what I am good at.

Until recently, I met with my younger cousin, Henrietta Alexis Lee, Alexis for short, who's quite good in dancing. She's currently attending college, majoring in dance.

Despite for being an orphan at the age of 9, her dream to become a great dancer never fades away. I admit, I love my younger cousin and I look her as a little sister to me, because I never had any younger sibling. She was lucky when my relatives took care of her, since the death of her family members. And of course, it made me to realize an advice that she gave to me.

Until now, I kept that advice deep into my heart.

"Always be thankful for who you are. Always remember, always be yourself."

 

XXXXX

 

Looking at the photo that I took during my visit to Rochester, New York, few weeks ago, I smiled as I remembered when I cheered my younger cousin during her performance with her group. She was looking very happy when I took her picture with her awesome friends. Daniel and Kenneth, my other cousins who had striking resemblance with Yunho and Jaejoong sunbaenims, tagged along with me and both of them even crushed Alexis in a hug. Poor my little cousin.... -.-'

That time...

She enjoyed her performance with her friends, she smiled without any hesitation...

Yeah, it won't be forgotten...and it always remains in my heart.

Always...

 

Thank you...my dear cousin...

Henrietta Alexis Lee...

 

XXXX

 

"Hey Sakura, what are you looking?" Siwon called me by my Japanese nickname. It's random to hear him to call me by my Japanese nickname

I quickly turned and I saw Siwon, who stood beside me. I smiled and replied, "Oh...I'm looking at the photo...that I took during my stay at Rochester. One of them is my relative."

"Which one is your relative?" Siwon asked in curious manner as he took the photo, looking the taken picture.

"My relative...is the one who had a small smile on her face." I quickly answered while pointing my younger cousin at him.

"Your relative... she's Chinese-Korean, right? Is she meant something in your life?" He asked again to me.

I flashed a smile to him as I answered, "Yeah...she's...my cousin."

Siwon smiled as he wrapped his arm at my shoulder while I rest my head at his shoulder.

"Ooh...you happy lovebirds. Having fun together, eh?" Kyuhyun happily teased.

I immediately turned to see Kyuhyun, who was smirking at us. I really hate his brat-like attitude and he always bullies his hyungs, including my Wonnie-oppa. My eyes immediately darkened as I flashed a dark glare at him. Siwon, who saw my dark glare at Kyuhyun, winced slightly at the maknae as he shook his head.

"Kyu...you better get out from her sight before she yells at you. Last thing you need is to hear multiple string of curses come out from ." Siwon said to Kyuhyun which made him scared in fear.

"Oops, got to go. Bye..." Kyuhyun immediately left, not wanting to hear the multiple strings of curses from me.

Taking a deep breath, he spoke, "It's okay, Liz. He's already left."

"Thank you, Wonnie-oppa." I answered with a smile.

"I know you're worried about yourself. So please...Just remember, be grateful for who you are. You're beautiful and talented, never forget that, okay?" He said as I nodded.

"By the way, can you make me some fruit salad? I miss your cooking...so much...please..." I laughed when he whined at me like a little kid.

He's quite adorable when he whined like that. That was cute.

"Okay, let's go to the kitchen...shall we?" I said with a smile.

Flashing his dimpled smile, he quickly gave me a piggyback ride at his back. Of course, Leeteuk oppa and Yomi unnie was jealous when Siwon oppa gave a piggyback ride while we were on our way to the kitchen. Even all SJ and SJG members were too jealous with us.

"Just let her walk by her own, Simba." Heechul oppa said to him

"No...I don't want." Wonnie-oppa immediately answered, flatly

"Sorry oppas, unnies and my dongsaengs...he wants it, so...just let him be." I replied while he carried me to the kitchen safely.

At the kitchen, both of us heard them groaned which made us laughed very hard.

 

XXXXXX

 

Be yourself...

 

Don't be a fake...

 

Always be grateful for who you are....

 

Yeah, those words gave me confidence to stay in SJ-G. No matter what happens, I will remain...and I will work hard to prove myself worthy.

 

I won't turn back...

 

I will remain strong...

 

I will show to everyone that I won't give up that easily....

 

I will show to the world...

 

That I can sing and dance...

 

After all, I finally realized that this is my passion...

 

To make everyone happy with music and dance, I won't regret anything anymore...

 

Thank you...

 

Henrietta Alexis Lee...

You showed me something that I lost...

The passion...

The joy...

I will protect it....till the end of my life....

I promise...

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Author note:

And again...sorry if it's not perfect and I'm sorry if this story is not good. This is my first try to write in Asianfanfics. Just let me know what do you think. I accept critics and reviews from all of you.

Thanks for your time, reading my first fanfic & my first oneshot.

Thank you.